Found Deceased GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018 #2

A quick youtube search shows many are questioning no foul play...

A quick youtube search shows many are questioning no foul play...

It never ceases to amaze me (and not in a good way) how people in so many cases where a person dies from an accident, suicide, or even natural causes seem to want the person to have been murdered. I definitely want all unattended and/or suspicious deaths properly investigated by LE because they need to do their jobs, but I would never hope that someone would have been murdered. It's just disturbing. I would hate to think that someone took my loved one's life. I would much rather hear accident, suicide, or natural causes than murder. At least the death wouldn't have been caused by someone else hurting my family member.

Yes, I understand what you're saying now. Sorry I missed it the first time. Good point too! Odd, as you say that the cause of death could be determined as drowning with Timothy, with severe decomposition.

Yet the man you described who had moderate could not have cause of death determined due to too much decomposition of the lungs.

That IS weird...

Thank you for pointing that out. Good observation..

BBM

I wanted to clarify the above statement. In the presser, it was stated that drowning was determined to be the cause of a death in an "exclusionary manner." In other words, there were no signs, indications, or wounds that pointed to anything other than drowning. Since all other causes were excluded (pending the toxicology report) and since Timothy was found in the water, drowning was the presumed cause of death.

I was praying that this case would have a different ending. I am hoping that those who knew and loved Timothy are able to find peace in the upcoming weeks and months.

BBM

I wanted to clarify the above statement. In the presser, it was stated that drowning was determined to be the cause of a death in an "exclusionary manner." In other words, there were no signs, indications, or wounds that pointed to anything other than drowning. Since all other causes were excluded (pending the toxicology report) and since Timothy was found in the water, drowning was the presumed cause of death.

I was praying that this case would have a different ending. I am hoping that those who knew and loved Timothy are able to find peace in the upcoming weeks and months.

You are absolutely correct! That statement by the Medical Examiner had slipped my mind, and I really appreciate you reminding me of that. A very important point too.

Thank you for taking the time to post that clarification...

While thinking about this this evening it occurred to me, if someone burned something in the fireplace they may have opened the windows upstairs to air out the smell. IMO

Or the smell from the dog. Or just airing out the house if there was no heating left on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It never ceases to amaze me (and not in a good way) how people in so many cases where a person dies from an accident, suicide, or even natural causes seem to want the person to have been murdered. I definitely want all unattended and/or suspicious deaths properly investigated by LE because they need to do their jobs, but I would never hope that someone would have been murdered. It's just disturbing. I would hate to think that someone took my loved one's life. I would much rather hear accident, suicide, or natural causes than murder. At least the death wouldn't have been caused by someone else hurting my family member.

I don't think anyone hoped or wanted Tim to have been murdered!! Not sure where that interpretation came from? I think people are questioning what LE themselves have said was a unique case. Any day, any time, I'd rather have people question and seek the truth than accept simple face value.

I don't think anyone hoped or wanted Tim to have been murdered!! Not sure where that interpretation came from? I think people are questioning what LE themselves have said was a unique case. Any day, any time, I'd rather have people question and seek the truth than accept simple face value.

The interpretation came from too many cases where I've seen this. I've actually seen posters in other cases say that they hope the person didn't commit suicide and they hope the family makes sure there wasn't foul play. I find that disturbing. It's just my opinion, based on what I've observed over the years on many different cases. Yes, people should question things and seek the truth, but I'm most interested in seeing if Tim's family believes he may have died from foul play. They have more facts about Tim's life than anyone else. If they start to question the preliminary finding that there was no foul play, I'll pay more attention. Random people on the internet? Not so much.

Hypothermia is possible year round.
"The water in the Chattahoochee is much colder than you think! Water is released from the bottom of Buford Dam and is approximately 50 degrees Fahrenheit. This cold water is great for trout, but dangerous for you. Beware of Hypothermia -- the severe lowering of the body's temperature. When exposed to these low temperatures, exhaustion or unconsciousness can occur in less that 30 minutes. If you fall into this cold water, get out quickly and warm yourself. Hypothermia can occur even in the warmest summer months."
https://www.nps.gov/chat/planyourvisit/things2know.htm

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm a PADI certified scuba divemaster. 50 degrees is *cold*, y'all. If you unexpectedly fell into water this cold you'd be stunned - it'd feel like you'd been hit by a two by four while also being stabbed by tiny knives. You'd likely panic; this would go double if you weren't a strong swimmer. Panic has caused many many drowning deaths.

Agree we likely won't ever really have an answer here, but I'm leaning a little more toward tragic accident upon this news. May Tim RIP.

Hi guys, I am new here. Really happy I found this site. <modsnip>

I have been searching web to find more information on him but things are locked down. I find it so weird. https://newsone.com/3790225/timothy-cunningham-atlanta-police/

Why would Dr. Cunningham go jogging with 3 crystals in his pocket? Why would he go jogging in terrain where it was impossible to jog? Why would he go jogging while he was sick and feeling poorly? Remember, he stayed home sick from work -- most wouldn't go out jogging especially at the risk of being seen by colleagues 'out jogging..' He entered the river at another location and the current carried him to his location of discovery. - Deer caught in headlights could actually be him being confronted at night by a person's headlights, either by being abducted or harassed. Could also be flashlights in his eyes as he slept and being waked in the night. He did not pack three crystals in his pocket to go for a run -- I think he was dressed in those clothes, and had been in the clothing at some point earlier when he purchased the crystals, and inadvertently left them in his pocket. - The cliffs edge can also be a bridge. Mountains can also be a place name or appearance of heavy stone around the location where Dr. Cunningham entered the water. I hope they are looking for skull fractures and I can almost guarantee if they say he had skull fractures, they will say that they happened while his body was in the water.&#65279;

They say they are close to wrapping up the investigation which seems to have never taken place. Freaks me out.

An excellent post! From what I see and have learned, people who have not been seen and/or treated by a doctor for depression, do not have a clear understanding of how real depresssion works.

It is not an illness or disease that one has any control over. You don&#8217;t get up one day and say &#8220;Today, I&#8217;ll be depressed.&#8221;

Depression has to have a patient that wants to get better. The patient must be honest in talking with a therapist in telling them all the problems in their life! Revealing a part of what makes them depressed is candy coating the deep seeded problem.

One of the biggest problems I see, the chemistry between the
Therapist and the patient do not mix! The patient isn&#8217;t brave enough to speak up to tell someone that it isn&#8217;t a good mix, so they eventually stop going or quit taking their medicine. Therefore, sinking deeper down in the hole of depression.

One truly must have walked this path or had a close family member or friend who they realized what was happening as they pulled away or saw them severely decline.

I want to post something that Leanne Bearden's husband, Josh, posted after Leanne died of suicide. Incidentally, Josh also started a foundation for depression awareness after Leanne died in the hopes of educating and helping others.

I realize we don't know the manner of death yet for Timothy. The preliminary cause of death is drowning and the manner of death is still undetermined. However, there is a possibility that Timothy died of suicide. Society is never going to move past the stigma surrounding mental illness and suicidality until people talk about it and have real conversations and educate themselves. If Timothy had died of diabetes or heart disease or cancer, most people would not think twice about mentioning that. It would not be covered up out of respect for his privacy.

Depression and mental illness are NO different from other diseases. They are diseases that affect the brain. They are caused by various factors, including chemical imbalances, but they are just as real as having a broken arm or a heart problem. People with depression don't choose to have depression.

This is what Josh Bearden posted when his beloved wife died:

When Leanne picked these pictures she was happy just like she always was. Leanne was not a depressed person, Leanne had depression. The difference in the two is as far apart as the people that can't recognize this. They might as well live on different planets. During the whirlwind of memorial services that Leanne had one group said that they don't want to remember Leanne as a depressed person. LEANNE WAS NOT A DEPRESSED PERSON, SHE HAD DEPRESSION. I remember the anger that this made me feel but I sucked it up. The danger in this type of thinking is that we learn nothing. The stigma of depression rolls on and nobody notices. This is the exact thinking that feeds the stigma and changes nothing. This type of poisonous thought is something that we all must change.

http://www.goexplore365.com/

Regarding the crystals. I know a reason people might carry crystals that might not have been brought up yet. Certain crystals are becoming known as being effective for helping mitigate EMF exposure. I know a neurosurgeon who carries crystals in his pocket all during his work. It would probably look really strange if he was found dead with them in his pocket. Unless someone knew his research into that area. I wasn't able to reply to this earlier but it's one of the things that came to mind when I read he was found with crystals in his pocket and people speculating as to reasons why.

Reactions: LTM
Hi guys, I am new here. Really happy I found this site. <modsnip>

I have been searching web to find more information on him but things are locked down. I find it so weird. https://newsone.com/3790225/timothy-cunningham-atlanta-police/

Why would Dr. Cunningham go jogging with 3 crystals in his pocket? Why would he go jogging in terrain where it was impossible to jog? Why would he go jogging while he was sick and feeling poorly? Remember, he stayed home sick from work -- most wouldn't go out jogging especially at the risk of being seen by colleagues 'out jogging..' He entered the river at another location and the current carried him to his location of discovery. - Deer caught in headlights could actually be him being confronted at night by a person's headlights, either by being abducted or harassed. Could also be flashlights in his eyes as he slept and being waked in the night. He did not pack three crystals in his pocket to go for a run -- I think he was dressed in those clothes, and had been in the clothing at some point earlier when he purchased the crystals, and inadvertently left them in his pocket. - The cliffs edge can also be a bridge. Mountains can also be a place name or appearance of heavy stone around the location where Dr. Cunningham entered the water. I hope they are looking for skull fractures and I can almost guarantee if they say he had skull fractures, they will say that they happened while his body was in the water.&#65279;

They say they are close to wrapping up the investigation which seems to have never taken place. Freaks me out.
I don't think it was ever confirmed that he was sick, just that he didn't go to work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not sure if this has been covered, but it seems that the key to this case rests with the key to Timothy Cunningham's house. He left his house keys, the house was locked, but did he have a spare key to jog with? Have police reported on whether his door was locked in a way that did not require a key to lock it, or was it locked with a key? Also, the latest press conference did not mention a key found with the body. It could have fallen out of his pocket - I am not a jogger, but I would assume a jogger would not just place a spare key in a pocket because it could fall out when running - rather they would affix it to their body in some way. However, that doesn't mean that a spare key secured in some manner would not have gotten lost in the water.

I guess what I am trying to say in my rambling post is, did Tim C. purposely lock himself out? Left the house key, took no spare key and locked the door b/c it was lockable without having to use a key. If so, he didn't plan on coming back and it unfortunately points to suicide. But not sure if police have shared info regarding how the house was locked and whether it could be locked without a key.

For those asking if Tim could swim - this article states he could although it does not reveal a source. https://www.myajc.com/news/crime--l...researcher-cunningham/gTFA2IArsYhDCrSYsglVwM/

Not sure if this has been covered, but it seems that the key to this case rests with the key to Timothy Cunningham's house. He left his house keys, the house was locked, but did he have a spare key to jog with? Have police reported on whether his door was locked in a way that did not require a key to lock it, or was it locked with a key? Also, the latest press conference did not mention a key found with the body. It could have fallen out of his pocket - I am not a jogger, but I would assume a jogger would not just place a spare key in a pocket because it could fall out when running - rather they would affix it to their body in some way. However, that doesn't mean that a spare key secured in some manner would not have gotten lost in the water.

I guess what I am trying to say in my rambling post is, did Tim C. purposely lock himself out? Left the house key, took no spare key and locked the door b/c it was lockable without having to use a key. If so, he didn't plan on coming back and it unfortunately points to suicide. But not sure if police have shared info regarding how the house was locked and whether it could be locked without a key.

For those asking if Tim could swim - this article states he could although it does not reveal a source. https://www.myajc.com/news/crime--l...researcher-cunningham/gTFA2IArsYhDCrSYsglVwM/

I had the same question about the key. Or was there one hidden outside, under a mat or something, that would get him back in the house. Or a garage code.

I had the same question about the key. Or was there one hidden outside, under a mat or something, that would get him back in the house. Or a garage code.

I was also wondering about a garage code. I used one to get into my grandmother’s house if I needed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The interpretation came from too many cases where I've seen this. I've actually seen posters in other cases say that they hope the person didn't commit suicide and they hope the family makes sure there wasn't foul play. I find that disturbing. It's just my opinion, based on what I've observed over the years on many different cases. Yes, people should question things and seek the truth, but I'm most interested in seeing if Tim's family believes he may have died from foul play. They have more facts about Tim's life than anyone else. If they start to question the preliminary finding that there was no foul play, I'll pay more attention. Random people on the internet? Not so much.

Yes to all of this. IMO, the stigma around mental illness and maybe more so suicide seems to cause people to speculate more and find some other reason for his death. (Also IMO, his work with CDC contributes to this, but CDC has thousands and thousands of employees. It’s not rare or weird for someone to work there.)

Can’t believe “a guy like Tim” would commit suicide? Why? Mental illness does not discriminate, and if that’s what he did, he was struggling and needed help. No, it doesn’t make sense. It wasn’t a logical choice. It never is.

A friend of mine committed suicide, and he seemed to have everything going for him — well-to-do, supportive family; lots of friends; attractive; smart. Would we have ever guessed that he would kill himself? Nope. Did he? Yep.

The Cunninghams and LE know what they know, and in the absence of further evidence, they have said repeatedly no foul play is suspected. So I agree with liltexans. Unless previously unreviewed phone records, emails, letters, etc., show he was being followed or harassed or was a whistleblower — or the toxicology shows he was poisoned — I will let the man rest.

ETA: I agree that it’s possible the whole thing was a tragic accident. I just don’t agree with the total disbelief that it could have been suicide.

Regarding the crystals. I know a reason people might carry crystals that might not have been brought up yet. Certain crystals are becoming known as being effective for helping mitigate EMF exposure. I know a neurosurgeon who carries crystals in his pocket all during his work. It would probably look really strange if he was found dead with them in his pocket. Unless someone knew his research into that area. I wasn't able to reply to this earlier but it's one of the things that came to mind when I read he was found with crystals in his pocket and people speculating as to reasons why.

EMF fearmongering/EMF protection is bunk science and most highly educated scientists aren't going to fall for it. Some do, like your example, but overall, it's flat-out nonsense. Perhaps he did buy into it, as anyone can fall for pseudoscientific garbage, but I would be surprised if someone with his credentials did.

I know it's been said he had an interest in crystals and rock collection, but sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and sometimes a crystal is just a crystal. Most rockhounds aren't interested in gems and minerals because of some purported magical properties. I would guess those three were either ones he found while out or ones that may have had some personal meaning. Again, it's possible for even a scientific mind to fall for it but highly unlikely/rare.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back