• BL Alive and in hiding.

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • BL Succumbed to the desert elements.

Votes: 57 18.6%
  • BL Dead at the hands of strangers.

Votes: 138 45.0%
  • BL Overdose/or alcohol poisoning.

Votes: 14 4.6%
  • BL Dead at the hands of someone he knew.

Votes: 55 17.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 27 8.8%

• Total voters
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/cold-case-murder-mysteries/id1257454051?mt=2&i=1000389748646

In general this is a strange podcast, but it is interesting to listen to the host share his theories lol. However, I did find his analysis of the Brandon's 911 call to make more sense than others I've read.

Hopefully some of you can listen and share you're opinion of what he has to say.

I started listening and fell asleep last night, but I am concerned about 2 things he said in the porcast.

1. He says Ladessa is pregnant. I don't think that is correct is it?

2. He says Brandon was going to drive 2 hours to his Dad's house to stay the night. Brandon's Dad lives south of Ft. Worth I think which would have been at least 3 1/2 hour drive. It was not just a little jaunt
up the highway. It's an hour or more to Abilene that route and then another 2-3 hours to Ft. Worth.

I am going to listen again to his analysis of the 911 call, but I wish he would at least get his facts right if he's going to talk about the case.

Cell phone coverage is very bad in this area. You can text better than call.

I started listening and fell asleep last night, but I am concerned about 2 things he said in the porcast.

1. He says Ladessa is pregnant. I don't think that is correct is it?

2. He says Brandon was going to drive 2 hours to his Dad's house to stay the night. Brandon's Dad lives south of Ft. Worth I think which would have been at least 3 1/2 hour drive. It was not just a little jaunt
up the highway. It's an hour or more to Abilene that route and then another 2-3 hours to Ft. Worth.

I am going to listen again to his analysis of the 911 call, but I wish he would at least get his facts right if he's going to talk about the case.

Cell phone coverage is very bad in this area. You can text better than call.

It's highly likely he got some facts wrong. As I said, it's a weird podcast and the guy is really out there with his theories and analysis...I wouldn't recommend any of his other podcasts, but I've listened to them all with a strange fascination lol!!

I just thought his analysis of what Brandon was saying in the call and the possible events happening at the time of the call may be the closest to correct of any of the theories I've heard. I recommend disregarding the rest but listen to that section and then let me know what you think.

It's highly likely he got some facts wrong. As I said, it's a weird podcast and the guy is really out there with his theories and analysis...I wouldn't recommend any of his other podcasts, but I've listened to them all with a strange fascination lol!!

I just thought his analysis of what Brandon was saying in the call and the possible events happening at the time of the call may be the closest to correct of any of the theories I've heard. I recommend disregarding the rest but listen to that section and then let me know what you think.

Wow....this is so interesting Mz. This guy analyzes the psychological side of Brandon that no one else has done and I find what he says to be very likely. Thinking on these lines, I went back to my timeline and looked at it. Keeping what this guy has analyzed and talked about, this is what I can see happening:

We have heard rumors Ladessa was on social media throughout the day Brandon went missing looking for him. IIRC it was a rainy day, he was not working, one of the kids were sick and BL was no where to be found. Let's assume Brandon gets home finally around 11-11:30, an argument ensues. I can hear it! Where have you been, I need money, kids are sick.........what have you been up to?

11:54 BL calls his Dad in Crowley Tx (3 hrs and 45 minute drive from San Angelo) and leaves the house mad. His Dad tells him to go back home but he doesn't. He also doesn't take refuge at Kyle's house. Why? This fight is different at least to Brandon, because he is going home to cool off and think. Away from sick kids, away from Ladessa's complaining (not intending to offend Ladessa here), bills, money, possibly another relationship (rumored) etc. According to this analysis he had to get completely away to have some peace. I can understand this!
12:10 Kyle goes to the house to check on Ladessa.
12:25 or so Brandon calls Kyle to tell him he ran out of gas.
12:30 Kyle calls Ladessa to tell her Brandon ran out of gas. She says fine, come get the gas can and take him some gas. (I can also hear her saying serves the jerk since he took off on me...(again not intended to hurt anyone here, been there before). She also takes her phone at this point to the car to charge since apparently BL took the wall charger.
12:34, 12:36 and 12:48 Ladessa misses calls from BL because her phone is in the car. He does not leave a message.

What happens between 12:48 and 12:53 when BL makes the 911 call? (I will come back here in a minute!)

12:53 BL calls 911
12:58 Trucker calls 911 to report a motor vehicle with the tail end in the road.
Shortly after 1AM Deputy Neal arrives at Brandon's abandoned truck.
Kyle and his girlfriend arrive about the same time. Phone records indicate Kyle was on the phone with Brandon at this time. Also states phone reception is bad.
1:18 AM Kyle and Audrey (Kyle’s girlfriend) went to Brandon’s truck and called Brandon on the way to find his exact location. Kyle spoke with Brandon and states it sounded like Brandon was running through brush, and “scuffling around out in the brush.” He told Kyle to “just hurry up and get here” then he hung up. Audrey called Brandon and he stated, “Audg (her nickname) I’m ****ing bleeding.”
1:19 The last contact with Brandon Lawson’s phone was a text message at 1:19 am warning him about police sent from a phone belonging to Kyle Lawson’s girlfriend.

What happened between 12:48 when he tries to call Ladessa and 12:53 when Brandon calls 911?

That is just 5 minutes. What if these 2 guys BL talks about on the 911 call almost hit Brandon's truck with the tail end in the road and turn around and start a fight with Brandon. The podcast guy suggests they got in a road rage argument before he ran out of gas, which is a possibility, but I wonder since he did not indicate that to anyone before he ran out of gas if it might have happened as he sat waiting. Everything plays out just as the podcast guy (Ryan) suggests. One guy chases him, the other is driving down the highway, BL calls 911, first guy (or someone) shoots BL, first guy runs to car on highway, they see the trucker coming, Bl tries to get truckers attention but he's too far off the road. The 2 guys drive off till trucker leaves, come back and finish BL off (he can't live because he could identify them) and I think they take his body with them as they head one way or the other. I think they probably went down a dirt road or got off the highway somewhere and dumped his body. My gut tells me they headed back toward San Angelo because the deputy says he did not meet any other cars when he headed from Bronte to the abandoned vehicle.

I feel the trucker could have possibly seen the car, but had no clue it was involved. This guy takes into consideration all of the psychological aspects of what Brandon says and also what he doesn't say. It is as good as anything else we have talked about. I think his remains may be found by accident one of these days. It makes me sad to type that, but I truly feel he is no longer alive. Thanks MxOpinion8d for sharing that podcast. I almost didn't listen because he was getting some facts wrong. I find it interesting he states Ladessa was pregnant when she wasn't, but there was rumor BL had a girlfriend who was pregnant IIRC. (RUMOR)

Sorry this is so long! Lots of ideas coming out in my brain right now...:)

I haven’t listened to the podcast yet but will make sure to do so soon. Wow Nannymo.. reading your post gave me chills. It seems very plausible and does add up with the timeline.. that’s one thing that’s always baffling to me about this case, the timeline is so tight, whatever happened it happened very quickly. I have more to add but am just on a quick break from work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rascal, when you listen to the podcast it will make more sense. I wanted to write this guy up as a bonafide idiot until I really started paying attention to what he said. He took all the drama out and applied good psychological scenario to the situation. Really interesting and different.

I'll have to listen to that particular part. I heard the true crime garage podcast not long that drew me here originally. I just can't believe someone can disappear within minutes without a trace, when someone was looking for him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

QueenBea, is that the same podcast MzOpinion8d posted in the BL Poll thread? If so, I found it to be very interesting to listen.

QueenBea, is that the same podcast MzOpinion8d posted in the BL Poll thread? If so, I found it to be very interesting to listen.

That's a different one. The one I posted is Cold Case Murder Mysteries. Trace Evidence is actually a much better podcast overall - I recommend all his episodes! The CCMM host is really out there with his psychological analysis, but (repeating myself) I thought his analysis of the 911 call and the scenario with BL was actually plausible.

I grew up around this area, when I saw this missing person I was interested. I think he either was killed by a drug dealer that night or, he was high on heavy drugs and imagined the whole thing and He ran into the brush a far enough way that no one has found his body yet. Along this road are ranches that can be vast in acreage, as I'm sure y'all know already. There are also, mountain lions, coyotes that could take advantage if he was injured, and buzzards that will pick an animal/human clean sooner than you would think. probably preaching to the choir here. :)

Wonder if older google maps of that area when he went missing would be helpful and if people have looked at and studied to identify what each markings were

** my 2 cents worth, And humble opinion, unless noted **

Christina Morris has been found! This gives me hope that one day Brandon will be found too. The one thing I want to point out is that she was found in an area that was already searched. This happens a lot. I have never believed that a thorough search for Brandon was done despite what LE says. I say let the family search! What’s it hurt these land owners? Let a grieving family try to find their loved one. Even if they don’t succeed they will feel like they are actually doing something.

It is strictly imho, but BL sounds like he is in a drug induced psychosis. Meth is a terrible drug.....

I feel he fell victim to the environment while being “chased” by the imaginary demons that “ghost” a person while on illicit substances.

Very sad.........

Wow....this is so interesting Mz. This guy analyzes the psychological side of Brandon that no one else has done and I find what he says to be very likely. Thinking on these lines, I went back to my timeline and looked at it. Keeping what this guy has analyzed and talked about, this is what I can see happening:

We have heard rumors Ladessa was on social media throughout the day Brandon went missing looking for him. IIRC it was a rainy day, he was not working, one of the kids were sick and BL was no where to be found. Let's assume Brandon gets home finally around 11-11:30, an argument ensues. I can hear it! Where have you been, I need money, kids are sick.........what have you been up to?

11:54 BL calls his Dad in Crowley Tx (3 hrs and 45 minute drive from San Angelo) and leaves the house mad. His Dad tells him to go back home but he doesn't. He also doesn't take refuge at Kyle's house. Why? This fight is different at least to Brandon, because he is going home to cool off and think. Away from sick kids, away from Ladessa's complaining (not intending to offend Ladessa here), bills, money, possibly another relationship (rumored) etc. According to this analysis he had to get completely away to have some peace. I can understand this!
12:10 Kyle goes to the house to check on Ladessa.
12:25 or so Brandon calls Kyle to tell him he ran out of gas.
12:30 Kyle calls Ladessa to tell her Brandon ran out of gas. She says fine, come get the gas can and take him some gas. (I can also hear her saying serves the jerk since he took off on me...(again not intended to hurt anyone here, been there before). She also takes her phone at this point to the car to charge since apparently BL took the wall charger.
12:34, 12:36 and 12:48 Ladessa misses calls from BL because her phone is in the car. He does not leave a message.

What happens between 12:48 and 12:53 when BL makes the 911 call? (I will come back here in a minute!)

12:53 BL calls 911
12:58 Trucker calls 911 to report a motor vehicle with the tail end in the road.
Shortly after 1AM Deputy Neal arrives at Brandon's abandoned truck.
Kyle and his girlfriend arrive about the same time. Phone records indicate Kyle was on the phone with Brandon at this time. Also states phone reception is bad.
1:18 AM Kyle and Audrey (Kyle’s girlfriend) went to Brandon’s truck and called Brandon on the way to find his exact location. Kyle spoke with Brandon and states it sounded like Brandon was running through brush, and “scuffling around out in the brush.” He told Kyle to “just hurry up and get here” then he hung up. Audrey called Brandon and he stated, “Audg (her nickname) I’m ****ing bleeding.”
1:19 The last contact with Brandon Lawson’s phone was a text message at 1:19 am warning him about police sent from a phone belonging to Kyle Lawson’s girlfriend.

What happened between 12:48 when he tries to call Ladessa and 12:53 when Brandon calls 911?

That is just 5 minutes. What if these 2 guys BL talks about on the 911 call almost hit Brandon's truck with the tail end in the road and turn around and start a fight with Brandon. The podcast guy suggests they got in a road rage argument before he ran out of gas, which is a possibility, but I wonder since he did not indicate that to anyone before he ran out of gas if it might have happened as he sat waiting. Everything plays out just as the podcast guy (Ryan) suggests. One guy chases him, the other is driving down the highway, BL calls 911, first guy (or someone) shoots BL, first guy runs to car on highway, they see the trucker coming, Bl tries to get truckers attention but he's too far off the road. The 2 guys drive off till trucker leaves, come back and finish BL off (he can't live because he could identify them) and I think they take his body with them as they head one way or the other. I think they probably went down a dirt road or got off the highway somewhere and dumped his body. My gut tells me they headed back toward San Angelo because the deputy says he did not meet any other cars when he headed from Bronte to the abandoned vehicle.

I feel the trucker could have possibly seen the car, but had no clue it was involved. This guy takes into consideration all of the psychological aspects of what Brandon says and also what he doesn't say. It is as good as anything else we have talked about. I think his remains may be found by accident one of these days. It makes me sad to type that, but I truly feel he is no longer alive. Thanks MxOpinion8d for sharing that podcast. I almost didn't listen because he was getting some facts wrong. I find it interesting he states Ladessa was pregnant when she wasn't, but there was rumor BL had a girlfriend who was pregnant IIRC. (RUMOR)

Sorry this is so long! Lots of ideas coming out in my brain right now...:)

Awesome write up Nannymo :tyou:

A vehicle could have been down one of the back roads or pulled over with his lights out. Eye witness testimony is rarely exact. I am thinking they were already on their way back toward San Angelo when LE arrived. The texts could easily come from someone else texting, not BL. It is concerning no one saw another car, but we know they were out there. The trucker and the pregnant girl both saw his truck.

Sorry if I’ve overlooked this somewhere, but I was wondering if there was a detailed timeline of events posted anywhere. I’m disturbed by a lot of this obviously, but what really puzzles me is why neither the cop nor Kyle saw anyone else or anything going on if they approached his abandoned truck from opposite directions.

I don't think there is a detailed timeline anywhere to go look at. The local sheriff in Bronte hasn't released anything. I have constructed my timeline from several articles and interviews all of which have been posted in Brandon's thread.

Awesome job. I just wish something would give. Brandon needs to come home.

It is strictly imho, but BL sounds like he is in a drug induced psychosis. Meth is a terrible drug.....

I feel he fell victim to the environment while being “chased” by the imaginary demons that “ghost” a person while on illicit substances.

Very sad.........

I totally agree with you. The first thing I thought of when I heard the 911 call was drugs. It reminded me so much of those two college students that were on meth, called 911 in a delusional state and died due to the elements.

He just sounded so disoriented and out of it. He wasn’t making any sense. If he were in a drug induced psychosis, he could have died from the elements or an overdose. It’s said that there’s a ton of desolate and rural land out there.

The only thing that strikes me as odd is that it does sound like gunshots in the background.

The whole thing is haunting.

Ive often thought about that scenario and it could very well be what happened. One thing that might corroborate this theory is that neither law enforcement nor Brandon’s brother reported seeing any other vehicle when they were in route to the truck, near or around where he was last seen. Wether drugs, psychosis or murder... I do believe he is somewhere on the land close to where he went missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back