Found Deceased Or - Sara Gomez, 24, Bend, 19 Feb 2018

From this video:
https://www.facebook.com/CentralOregonDaily/videos/1426845030754013/?t=15

John Hummel, Deschutes County District Attorney, said, "At this point, based on what we learned from Penner himself, his statements to us, and what we found in his apartment, led us to be certain that he killed her. We found physical evidence in his apartment, we had cell phone evidence from him and Sara, and his statements were contradicted by all the physical evidence we saw. He never admitted to killing her. He denied it repeatedly, but his denials and the factual assertions he made were demonstratively false. Everything he told us, we had determined was completely false and contradicted by the physical evidence."

Livestream by search team/family from the Finding Sara facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/KenziWilson/videos/10213830388668063/

Updating on status of search. They need HELP with search. People, dogs, horses, ATVs.
Details shared in this video, by Liz (Sara's sister) and Kenzie (one of the primary leaders of the Finding Sara search team).
Feb. 19, around 10 pm, Penner showed up at the North side Albertsons where Sara worked. Driving his vehicle, the sea foam green 4-door 2004 Chevy Malibu. In Bend Oregon.
Her sister, Liz, had helped Sara go through the steps for the restraining order in November 2017. Sara moved out of her own apartment to escape the situation. Liz had filed a restraining order against Penner in 2016, after he slammed her head into the concrete for standing up to him for Sara. Liz said for anyone questioning why Sara got into the car that night, they don't understand domestic violence, and the emotional, mental, and physical aspects of the abuse.
Sara's restraining order was still active.
On Feb. 19, Penner entered the North entrance at Albertsons. He asked the nearest cashier where Sara was. He could be heard by employees yelling at Sara in the north rear corner of the store. Penner left the store aggressively. a few minutes later, Sara left the store in tears. A co-worker of Sara's stated that Sara looked at her as she left the store, and Sara gave her a very solemn look of sadness and was crying. Store surveillance video shows them leaving the parking lot in Penner's vehicle. That is the last time Sara was seen or heard from.

The family and search team is overwhelmed with the way the community has come together for this family, and continually expressed their appreciation.

I feel horrible for Sara's family. :(

Just wondering...does the title stay as "arrest" even though the arrestee is no longer living?

I am overcome with sadness. I wish someone had called the police when Penner showed up at Albertsons and Sara left in tears after being yelled at. WHY are we, as a society, so reticent to let law enforcement know when someone is being mistreated? The moment they called, the police would have recognized him, and known about the restraining order, and they may have been able to save Sara. Breaks my heart.

I am praying so hard she will be found. I am so sad this girl has met with this fate. She didnt deserve this. I am so angry he killed himself and not say where he hid her.

Please find her...she needs to be home with her family. So they can at least say goodbye and mourn. My heart breaks for her friends, family and her. Dont know why this gets so much to me, but i have wished for a different outcome.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

I am praying so hard she will be found. I am so sad this girl has met with this fate. She didnt deserve this. I am so angry he killed himself and not say where he hid her.

Please find her...she needs to be home with her family. So they can at least say goodbye and mourn. My heart breaks for her friends, family and her. Dont know why this gets so much to me, but i have wished for a different outcome.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk
I just read all the posts on this thread. So incredibly heartbreaking!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My heart is broken she still has not been found. Her FB missing page is full of people who love her and have been searching for her nonstop. He took such a cowardly way out...couldn’t at least tell people where she was before taking his own life. Just horrid...I remember when we found out he had killed himself and my heart sank. Confirmation that the worst of the worst has indeed happened. #strongforsara

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possible body found near Highway 20 east of Bend

A La Pine man on a walk near Horse Ridge east of Bend Friday afternoon believes he discovered a dead body wrapped inside a tarp under a tree.

[...]

After finding the body, Biggs can’t help but think about Sara Gomez, the Bend woman missing and presumed dead. Gomez, 24, was reported missing Feb. 20 after failing to return home from work for several days. Organized search parties have been staged in Alfalfa, east of Bend.

But Biggs doesn’t necessarily think this discovery is related to Gomez.

“I didn’t see anything as far as a body goes,” Biggs said. “But it was a body.”

Remains found east of Bend believed to be Sara Gomez
Sheriff Shane Nelson told NewsChannel 21's Jessie Foster at the scene they believe the remains, found under a black tarp, are those of Gomez, although positive identification would come later at the medical examiner's office. Family members were being notified, they added.

I wonder if he buried it under the snow and leaves and that is how it was missed? If they were using cadaver dogs I just don't get it. If it was a volunteer search area I hope it provides an example of how thorough you have to be when getting involved in a search effort - a black tarp in the open should simply not have been missed by searchers if a hiker was able to find it.

I hope there is swift justice for Sara and her family. Senseless human acts!

Very curious as to what the possible second suspect may have told LE. I do think he likely had help. I have someone in mind based on some FB posts I read when Sara first went missing but can’t find them at the moment ....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back