Found Deceased IL - Theresa 'Terry' Cox, 56, Springfield, 23 Mar 2018

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Authorities are asking for help finding a missing woman. Theresa "Terry" Cox, was last seen about 9:30 am, Friday, in the 1100-block of West Cook Street.

Theresa is 56-years old, 5'7", 140 lbs., with black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a black-and-white checkered hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans.

http://www.illinoishomepage.net/news/local-news/missing-woman-last-seen-friday/1080108970
ff9b1235c9832d74b52d18b75b2ca7b8.jpg

Authorities are asking for help finding a missing woman. Theresa "Terry" Cox, was last seen about 9:30 am, Friday, in the 1100-block of West Cook Street.

Theresa is 56-years old, 5'7", 140 lbs., with black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a black-and-white checkered hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans.

http://www.illinoishomepage.net/news/local-news/missing-woman-last-seen-friday/1080108970
ff9b1235c9832d74b52d18b75b2ca7b8.jpg

She is missing from my area. Their father just passed away as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[h=1]Springfield police still need help finding missing woman[/h]
The Springfield Police Department continued to ask for the public’s help Monday in the ongoing search for a missing city woman.

Theresa “Terry” K. Cox, 56, was last seen around 9:30 p.m. Friday when she left a residence in the 1100 block of West Cook Street. On Monday, the police department sent out emails and made mass phone calls to some Springfield neighborhoods in their search for the missing woman.

“We are asking the public to please check their properties, back yards, garages and any vacant vehicles for any evidence of Theresa’s presence,” the Monday phone call said.

Lt. Brian Oakes of the Springfield Police Department said authorities do not suspect any foul play in Cox’s disappearance.
“There are health issues at play where it is urgent to find her,” Oakes said.
http://www.sj-r.com/news/20180326/springfield-police-still-need-help-finding-missing-woman

The Springfield Police are now stating there are "health and medical issues" at play with her disappearance according to the media article Gardner 1850 so kindly posted for us.

Still missing-

Springfield police initiate robo calls to find missing woman

As of Friday, the desperate search for the missing woman, Theresa Cox, continues.

The Springfield police department tried an unconventional way of reaching out to residents and business owners for help after Cox disappeared two weeks ago, without a trace in the 1100 block of West Cook St.

Police say they are "exploring all angles", including searching for a body.

More at link-

http://foxillinois.com/news/local/s...e-robo-calls-to-find-missing-woman-04-07-2018

Missing woman’s family continues search after 42 days

A large search party, including Springfield and park district police officers, combed through Washington Park and handed out 300 fliers Saturday. Cox, 56, went missing March 23 after walking out of a residence on the 1100 block of West Cook Street that day. She was distraught over hearing that her father was dying and is considered a suicide risk.

Cox had come to Springfield from Lake City, Florida, because their father, who had been suffering from small cell carcinoma for a year, was put in hospice care. Cox had planned on staying with their mother, Nancy Hall, for two months after their father had passed and got a refill of her medications, including muscle relaxants, to prepare.

On March 23, Nelson called the hospice nurse when her father started gasping for breath. The hospice nurse told Nelson, in Cox’s presence, that her father had 24 to 48 hours to live. They called an ambulance for medical transport to the hospital. Nelson handed Cox a “Do Not Resuscitate” form given to her by the nurse when Cox asked what she was holding.

Nelson tried to calm Cox down and tried to get her to focus on “being” with their dying father. Cox sat down and pulled a bottle out of her purse, Nelson said.

“She looked at me and said, ‘I will be with him,’ ” Nelson said. “She grabbed a bottle of muscle relaxors and right in front of me, her daughter, her mom and her brother, she took the whole bottle. She not only took them but she chewed them up in front of us.”

Nelson’s mother, Nancy Hall, tried to get Cox to spit up the pills, while Nelson called emergency services to ask for another ambulance, this time for her sister. Cox refused to throw up the pills and weaseled out of Hall’s grip. She walked out of the house. She got past her brother, John. Nelson continued to follow her down Cook Street, then Lincoln Avenue.

http://www.sj-r.com/news/20180505/missing-womans-family-continues-search-after-42-days

Don't know Terry but do know her sister Brenda, quoted in the article above. This case is just so sad all the way around. The family needs closure. Hoping I can assist in the search next weekend if they haven't found her yet.

How long does it take for muscle relaxers to release into the body? It's hard to understand how this woman just disappeared after ingesting a whole bottle of them, with several people right there!

I don't understand how she could have gotten very far. Unless she somehow got to a hospital. Have hospitals been checked?

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

She went missing from the 1100 block of W Cook. I am extremely familiar with the area. There are several pockets of densely wooded areas nearby as well as a golf course and a park with hiking trails and lagoons and other small bodies of water that are a short walking distance.

If she reached one of those wooded areas prior to succumbing to the effects of any pills she may have ingested that could explain why she hasn't yet been found.

walking time to each location

Pasfield Park 13 minutes
Washington Park 20 minutes
Wooded area along Lawrence Ave 14 minutes
Wooded area along Chatham Rd 20 minutes

It would be relatively easy for someone who did not want to be located to avoid doing so for half an hour as concerned family is looking. Heartsick for her family. They lost enough when they lost Terry's dad, to lose her as well is just so unfair. I hope she is still alive but know the odds of that are slim.

Good grief, how was she not found before now?!?!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

that is what everyone local is asking. I am confused as well. Hoping more info sheds some light. Thinking either a vacant property, one with an elderly resident who doesn't venture out into backyard (privacy fenced) or something like that.

At least now Brenda and her family will have the answers they needed and can begin to grieve and heal.

https://www.facebook.com/wandtv/videos/10155709362364624/

live on scene report

No signs of injury or foul play, tox report will be forthcoming when done.

Location was 2 doors down from residence she went missing from

aw sheesh, just read that the remains were in a compost bin :(

Betting she heard everyone searching and hid there :(

so dang sad - this poor family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members