GUILTY PA - Four Young Men killed, 18-22, Bucks Co., 5-9 July 2017 #8 *arrests*

Darn another court site I can't open!! :gaah:

I'm going to bug you watergirl to get a date for us! :giggle:

Thanks for the update though! :wave:

b]Report: Before Bucks County killings, Sean Kratz investigated for attempted murder in Philly [/b]
http://www.phillyvoice.com/report-bucks-killings-sean-kratz-investigated-attempted-murder-philly/

ean Kratz is awaiting trial for allegedly carrying out three brutal killings last summer in Bucks County alongside his cousin, Cosmo DiNardo.

But months before the alleged homicides in bucolic Solebury Township shocked the community and gripped the county, Kratz was the subject of an attempted murder investigation in Philadelphia, according to a report in The Intelligencer.

more at link, but of course no date for the next hearing...

Darn another court site I can't open!! :gaah:

I'm going to bug you watergirl to get a date for us! :giggle:

Thanks for the update though! :wave:
No date yet. CDs attorney requested discovery materials a few weeks back. DA provided something last week. Dunno.

I just want to chip in with my thoughts on the marijuana dealings. I work in a dispensary in Canada and I don't believe anyone in this case was a big time buyer or dealer of marijuana. I think CD was a wanna be mobster who used his father's wealth to establish himself as a bit part street dealer.

CD's account of JTP's death is just bs. How many 19 year old, bar working, university students have $800 sitting around at any one time, never mind $8000? And I know any dealers in the city I live in would be delighted with an $800 sale. Students don't tend to buy pounds of marijuana at a time. In fact no one but a dealer does in my experience and there is absolutely nothing I have read that makes me think JTP was a dealer. Secondly with the JTP case, I can't think of any marijuana smoker who would say to anyone, "I want $800 of weed (if indeed that was the amount that JTP wanted which I doubt) but if I can't have that I'll buy a shotgun instead." My thought is that JTP may have wanted to buy a few grams or an ounce of marijuana, CD lured him to the farm and killed him for the thrill of it.

With the other guys I still don't think they were out to buy a big amount of marijuana. None of them had massively highly paid jobs. They were probably out to get some weed for the weekend, knew that CD could supply it and so contacted him to do a deal. After JTP killing CD probably had an inflated sense of self, and delusions of grandeur. He maybe felt invincible. So it was easy for him to kill DF, TM and MS. CD and SK strike me as young punks who thought of themselves as big fish in a small pond, SK obviously thought he was a tough guy.

I just want to explain that not all people who use marijuana are lazy stoners like stereotypes represent. While an Indica strain will make you relaxed and possibly eat more, Sativas are excellent to maintain focus and energy, and I serve a lot of students who use a Sativa to help them with their university workload. I personally would rather see my teenager smoke marijuana than drink alcohol.

Thanks JerseyGirl! :wave:

Just came by to post the same....

For some reason I have a pretrial conference scheduled for April 26th- ?? - where did I get that? :dunno: LOL!

I am from the area where this happened. It actually brought me to Websleuths last summer because I was so engulfed (and of course, horrified). I didn't know any of the victims or CD personally, but I had heard of CD (from a neighbor who went to Holy Ghost Prep with him.)

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes....s-blames-three-dinardo-businesses-in-killings
^^This link is from our local paper and has good information.

The attorney for DF's family makes the case right here:

[FONT=Crimson Text, Georgia, Cambria, Times New Roman, Times, serif]“Had he not had access to the gun, the backhoe, the pig roaster and the farm itself, this crime could not have been committed,” said Finocchiaro attorney Thomas Kline."[/FONT]

JMO and MOO: these parents were aware of their son's issues and were completely negligent.

Cosmo's docket sheet mentions that a request for a bill of particulars and a request for pre-trial discovery were filed 12/26 by Parlow, his attorney.

Sean's attorney, Eriksen, petitioned for payment for a $40 transportation fee which was granted and also submitted a 'sealed entry' this week.

Both are awaiting pre-trial conferences, which apparently haven't been scheduled.

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us

Can someone check this website and see if they are appearing in court on April 26th??

TIA! One court site I can't get into....

Can someone check this website and see if they are appearing in court on April 26th??

TIA! One court site I can't get into....

I checked all of the dockets for both defendants for you and there are no scheduled proceedings showing for April 26.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey jns207 - does it give the next hearing date on it?

TIA! :wave:

I have the next hearing 5/11 then 9/12.

I have jury selection begins Oct. 29th, trial start Nov. 7th.

Hey jns207 - does it give the next hearing date on it?

TIA! :wave:

I have the next hearing 5/11 then 9/12.

I have jury selection begins Oct. 29th, trial start Nov. 7th.

I got you! [emoji16]

The next date showing on the dockets is 9/12 - 9/14 for “miscellaneous criminal hearings.” Then 10/29 and 11/7, as you indicated.

Here’s the docket links for reference:

Cosmo Dinardo:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-09-CR-0006073-2017

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-09-CR-0006074-2017

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-09-CR-0006075-2017

Sean Kratz:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-09-CR-0006072-2017

ETA: Here’s where you were getting your dates, btw. It’s possible that pre-trial status conferences don’t show on the dockets. As for the 5/11 date, it’s just a deadline rather than an actual court appearance. HTH!

President Judge Jeffrey Finley scheduled the next pre-trial status conference in the case for April 26 and set a May 11 deadline for any pretrial motion filings, according to The Intelligencer. Hearings on those motions would start Sept. 12.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/trial-date-set-cosmo-dinardo-sean-kratz-bucks-county-killings/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:tyou: jns207!!

Unfortunately another court site I failed to get into.... :pcguru:

I'll keep the 5/11 date anyway! :)

Maybe happening....

Thursday, April 26th:
*Pretrial Status Hearing (Maybe)(@ ET) - PA - Jimi Taro Patrick (19), Mark R. Sturgis (22), Thomas C. Meto (21) & Dean R. Finocchiaro (18) murdered (July 5-9, 2017) - *Cosmo DiNardo (20) (confessed in exchange for DP off table) indicted on 4 counts of 1st degree murder, abuse of corpse, robbery, illegal poss. of weapon & conspiracy; pled not guilty.
*Sean Kratz (20) (CN’s cousin) indicted on 3 counts of 1st degree murder, abuse of corpse, robbery, illegal poss. of weapon & conspiracy; pled not guilty.
Deadline for pretrial motions is May 11. Jury selection Oct. 29th, trial on November 7.

Cosmo DiNardo, Sean Kratz due back in court May 16
http://www.buckscountycouriertimes....o-dinardo-sean-kratz-due-back-in-court-may-16

Accused killer cousins Cosmo DiNardo and Sean Kratz are expected back in court next week for separate hearings.

Court records show DiNardo is scheduled for a 10 a.m. appearance May 16 at a “miscellaneous hearing” before President Judge Jeffrey L. Finley, with Kratz set for his own proceeding at 2 p.m.
[.....]
After recovering three bodies from a single shared grave near a barn on the sprawling property, prosecutors in the case struck a deal with DiNardo, agreeing to not pursue the death penalty in exchange for a confession, the location of Patrick’s body and continued cooperation in the case.

Prosecutors late last year filed notice of aggravating factors, securing their right to seek the death penalty in the event the deal falls apart.

Kratz did not strike any such deal ahead of his own arrest, but may be eyeing one of his own.
[.....]
According to his lawyer Craig Penglase, Kratz met with his defense team about a “potential resolution” in the case when he was moved temporarily several weeks ago, at Penglase’s request, to Doylestown Borough from Northampton County Prison. Kratz has been held separate from his codefendant since their arrests last year.

This could be just for attorneys to file any more motions deadline. Don't know if defendants will be in court....

Friday, May 11th:
*Pretrial Motions filing (deadline) Hearing (@ ET) - PA - Jimi Taro Patrick (19), Mark R. Sturgis (22), Thomas C. Meto (21) & Dean R. Finocchiaro (18) murdered (July 5-9, 2017) - Cosmo DiNardo (20) (confessed in exchange for DP off table) indicted on 4 counts of 1st degree murder, abuse of corpse, robbery, illegal poss. of weapon & conspiracy; plead not guilty.
and Sean Kratz (20) (CN’s cousin) indicted on 3 counts of 1st degree murder, abuse of corpse, robbery, illegal poss. of weapon & conspiracy; plead not guilty.
Next hearing for both on 5/16. Jury selection Oct. 29th, trial on November 7. If any motions they will be heard on Sept. 12-14.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back