GUILTY CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Sight Podcast
March 26, 2018

On January 14, 2018, a 17 year old girl called 911 and exposed one of the most shocking cases of child abuse to make the news. Though we are sure to learn more over the next several months and years, Ali and Charlie take a snapshot of where we are now just over 2 months since the children were rescued.*

http://www.insightpod.com/home-1/2018/3/26/episode-ninety-five-the-turpin-family

Two Screenshots of my television right now on the Oxygen Channel. I looked it up and I don't see a date for it yet on the guide. A two hour special coming soon.

attachment.php

attachment.php

:facepalm: Didn't take long for that, now did it.

My god, these kids are never going to hear the bloody end of this nightmare now thanks to the miracle of the public's obsessive fascination with their personal hells.

Why not make it an amusement park, for good measure?

My god, these kids are never going to hear the bloody end of this nightmare now thanks to the miracle of the public's obsessive fascination with their personal hells.

One word...vultures. How do these people sleep at night, exploiting the Turpins for their own gain? :mad: I won’t watch this out of respect for these survivors. I’m sure Mama Louise is thrilled though.
JMO

I found it will air April 28th at 6 pm eastern

:tomato: :tomato:

I don't think the extended family was allowed to contact them, at least LT's sister was not allowed to visit the adults at the hospital. I'm guessing it's not such a good idea for that sister to visit any of the children since she visited both LT and DT in jail and was at the last Court hearing. The children might have to take the stand so, it's probably not such a good idea to let anyone near them that could pressure them to not go against the parents.

LT’s half-brother stated a couple of weeks back that his request to see the kids was being processed and that he would see them as soon as he was approved. This is the half-brother who said that LT was not his sister any more. It is possible that if the 7 adults wish to see him, he may be allowed to see them, but I suspect he might be required not to give interviews or talk about his contact with the kids as a condition. (A lot may depend on whether he really wants to see them or he wants the TV attention. )

The aunt (Elizabeth Flores) who tried to see the 7 in the hospital not only had just been to see the parents in jail but was coming in order to report her encounters to the media. So even if there were no question of her trying to influence them as witnesses, she might have been turned away to protect their privacy.

On the other side of the family, before they went publicly silent, DT’s parents indicated that they wanted to talk to the kids. It is possible that they have been (or may be) quietly cleared to communicate with the older kids, on condition that they don’t mention the trail or question the kids about the abuse or something along thse lines. The older ones may want contact with their grandparents who used to see them every couple of years until around 6 years ago.

And we have talked before about the cousin who met them and seems to have bonded with the oldest daughter around 5 or 6 years ago. This cousin (Miranda) now seems to be living in CA and if she reached out, she would probably be allowed to see the older ones. (Her father is the preacher who had to step down as president of a fundy college because of the scandal. He may be pursuing contact with the kids also, out of family duty or guilt.)

In short it is possible that there has been or will be some contact with the extended family if the young people want it. I agree that any contact that could affect the young people as witnesses would tend to be discouraged, but I don’t think they can be forbidden contact with the extended family for the next couple of years until the trail has taken place. In any case I wonder if/when there will be contact and how it will affect the kids.

Just catching up with the last 2 threads. Noticed in the video with all #8s singing videos, that she has cute and clean clothes on, and different outfits for each video (I think there are 12 videos?). They were filmed (presumebly) over just a few weeks while she had access to social media. Therefore, she had access to clean and suitable clothing regurarly. Makes me wonder what the clothng situation was for them all?

Hopefully they will get money from it because they need money.

Just catching up with the last 2 threads. Noticed in the video with all #8s singing videos, that she has cute and clean clothes on, and different outfits for each video (I think there are 12 videos?). They were filmed (presumebly) over just a few weeks while she had access to social media. Therefore, she had access to clean and suitable clothing regurarly. Makes me wonder what the clothng situation was for them all?

I don't think we can actually see if the clothes were clean, at least I can't. They could smell bad. At some point some laundry had to be done. Also, I'm guessing the children that were shackled would be in worse condition, maybe with dirty clothes. I doubt they were shackled 24/7 and it doesn't seem likely to me that all 13 of them would be shackled at the same time.

I just have to wonder, how is a 2 hour tv special about this case, any different than multiple discussion forum threads, or multiple comment threads on multiple MSM articles?

Yes, the general public IS fascinated with this case for many, many reasons.

Whether or not they had regular access to clean clothes cannot be determined by those videos. Regardless of whether the clothes were really clean or just looked clean, the videos (like all videos) were staged. One can assume that she picked out outfits just for the video.

She wasn’t wearing her everyday clothes. According to the hospital CEO, the clothes the older ones were wearing when they came into the hospital were both inadequate and filthy. Unless T-8 was somehow favored by her parents (a possibility), her regular clothes would not have been all that different.

However, it is probable that there were some clothes set aside for “outings,” and I would guess this is where the clothes for T-8’s videos came from. These “going in public” clothes would be cleaner and nicer, among other things because they didn’t go out in public often.

Further, the clothes T-8 wore for the videos did not represent “her” wardrobe but whatever clothes she could get her hands on for the videos. Since they were all so thin, the odds are that there wasn’t a huge difference in sizes for clothes. This would account for her having access to different clothes.

Another possibility, of course, would be that she was treated better than her siblings (at least for a period of time) and she not only had some clothes of her own but was able to keep clean. We don’t know, by the way, whether the videos were secret from her parents. (It is just possible, for example, that Louise thought that a daughter who sang on you-tube might help their chances to get a reality tv show.)

In any case, I am pretty sure the clothes J-8 wore did not represent the everyday wardobe of the 13.

Whether or not they had regular access to clean clothes cannot be determined by those videos. Regardless of whether the clothes were really clean or just looked clean, the videos (like all videos) were staged. One can assume that she picked out outfits just for the video.

She wasn’t wearing her everyday clothes. According to the hospital CEO, the clothes the older ones were wearing when they came into the hospital were both inadequate and filthy. Unless T-8 was somehow favored by her parents (a possibility), her regular clothes would not have been all that different.

However, it is probable that there were some clothes set aside for “outings,” and I would guess this is where the clothes for T-8’s videos came from. These “going in public” clothes would be cleaner and nicer, among other things because they didn’t go out in public often.

Further, the clothes T-8 wore for the videos did not represent “her” wardrobe but whatever clothes she could get her hands on for the videos. Since they were all so thin, the odds are that there wasn’t a huge difference in sizes for clothes. This would account for her having access to different clothes.

Another possibility, of course, would be that she was treated better than her siblings (at least for a period of time) and she not only had some clothes of her own but was able to keep clean. We don’t know, by the way, whether the videos were secret from her parents. (It is just possible, for example, that Louise thought that a daughter who sang on you-tube might help their chances to get a reality tv show.)

In any case, I am pretty sure the clothes J-8 wore did not represent the everyday wardobe of the 13.

I don't think she was "favored" by DT and LT. I think she was sneaky (thank God!), curious and less fearfull than most of her siblings. She was the one who ran away and got help, but she's also the one that brought up the only lewd act charge against DT so, I think she was probably abused differently - probably not much shackling but other types of violence, including, sexual abuse. Those poor children, my God.

I don't think she was "favored" by DT and LT. I think she was sneaky (thank God!), curious and less fearfull than most of her siblings. She was the one who ran away and got help, but she's also the one that brought up the only lewd act charge against DT so, I think she was probably abused differently - probably not much shackling but other types of violence, including, sexual abuse. Those poor children, my God.

I completely agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion, if any of the kids were “favored,” it was to meet the need(s) of one or both parents and any “favors” they experienced came with a price. It is possible that a child may be both “abused” and favored. Sometimes, being “favored” by an abusive parent is a type of abuse also, even if it allows the kid to do some things a less “favored” sibling might not get to do.

Even if J-8 was “favored,” that doesn’t mean she had it easy and wasn’t abused. Clearly she was abused and starved. But it is possible that she was for one reason or another given more access to the computer and or the TV than some of the others. (The “price” may have been that she was molested by DT. Or it may have been something else. We don’t know.).

Good points. It was just startling to see the many different clothes she wore, and wondered what the clothing situation was.

http://people.com/crime/california-turpin-house-of-horrors-investigation-timeline/

Nothing new but this article sums up the case so far, in case someone needs/wants to fill in some blanks.
From the same link:

Speaking to Good Morning Britain on March 6, Louise’s sister Elizabeth Flores alleged that Louise was so disconnected from reality while in jail that she thought she was “going to get out and we’re going to play board games again,” like the pair did as children.Speaking with The Dr. Oz Show a few days after her Good Morning Britain interview, Flores claimed Louise appeared “almost at peace” and “in a daze” during a recent jail visit.
“She’s not who I grew up with. Something’s not clicking right in the head, something’s not right,” Flores said. “It’s all ‘woe is me.’ ”
Flores has previously said she and Louise were not close, telling ABC News in January: “My sister and I haven’t really had a sister relationship for about 20 years.

To me, it looks like the sister is somehow working on a insanity plea for her sister. What she's saying doesn't make much sense to me. So, they weren't in touch for about 20 years but she's flying to California to see her sister, the one that is being accused of torturing and abusing her thirteen nieces and nephews, in jail and to attend her court hearing? She's in it for herself and it makes me sick. She doesn't care about the children.

Speaking with The Dr. Oz Show in March, Flores and cousin Tricia Andreassen said they also met with David in jail and they said he acted in a strikingly different manner from his wife.“He broke down in sobs at one point,” Andreassen said.
“I was absolutely shocked,” Flores said. “I am so glad that Louise asked me to see him. I needed that, for me. When I went in there, I immediately saw that he knew he had done wrong, he was remorseful, he cried the whole entire time. It wasn’t fake.”
“He kept saying, ‘I wish I could tell you about what we’ve done, what happened.’ … He had been advised not to,” Flores claimed.

Yet again, she is trying really hard to make it seem like LT is not on her right mind and, at the same time, to make sure everyone knows that DT knows what he did was wrong. Wow.

http://people.com/crime/california-turpin-house-of-horrors-investigation-timeline/

Nothing new but this article sums up the case so far, in case someone needs/wants to fill in some blanks.
From the same link:

To me, it looks like the sister is somehow working on a insanity plea for her sister. What she's saying doesn't make much sense to me. So, they weren't in touch for about 20 years but she's flying to California to see her sister, the one that is being accused of torturing and abusing her thirteen nieces and nephews, in jail and to attend her court hearing? She's in it for herself and it makes me sick. She doesn't care about the children.

Yet again, she is trying really hard to make it seem like LT is not on her right mind and, at the same time, to make sure everyone knows that DT knows what he did was wrong. Wow.

Not quite sure what to make of LT. On the one hand, she was apparently abused growing up, then forced her hand by running away at 16 (and probably leaving her sister to deal with the same situation back home?), and now is faced with seeing the knowledge that the abused has become the abuser. I could see somebody crack under that string of events. But that doesn't mean I totally buy it in her case.

I believe it was reported elsewhere that DT told the sister that everything that happened would come out. That leads me to believe that there's more in the evidence that was handed over than just what we have been told, and that he is very much aware of the ramification.

As for LT's sister, she needs to stay away from the cameras, IMO. She said she hasn't been close to her sister for years, but now she is trying to be the devoted sister. And all this in front of cameras. I am glad that she wasn't allowed access to the children.

Not a lot of news, but a clear, brief summary of what’s current.

https://crimeola.com/turpin-family-update-7-facts-know/

It has some info about the Oxygen special—as might be expected it is interviews with LT’s family, law enforcement and neighbors. Supposedly it will “track” the family’s history through different houses, etc.

Of more interest to me, the summary also seems to suggest that the four older minors (the teens, who include J-8) are not in a family type foster home but in a group home of some sort.
“The six minors had to be split up due to the amount of care they will need. Currently, the two youngest children are in foster care, while the other four are living in another residence.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!