Found Deceased Germany - Liam Colgan, 29, Scottish tourist, Hamburg, 10 Feb 2018

I didn't find one anywhere

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Is the photo in this article? The link does not open for me.

If yes can you post it please?
Unfortunately the pic was not included in the article, sorry the link does not open for you, double checked it and it seems fine.
Maybe this link is better..
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-43716445
[h=2]Photo appeal[/h]The family have urged anyone who thinks they have spotted Liam to try and speak to him and take a photo, if it is safe to do so.
They have also appealed for any sightings to be reported to Hamburg Police or the Facebook page.
A body found in a river in the Wandsbek area of Hamburg last week has been identified and is not Mr Colgan.

The Colgan family said: "We send our heartfelt condolences to the deceased's family."

rbbm

I wish they had shown the photo but my fingers are firmly crossed that it is Liam.

It would be cruel and irresponsible for the press to suggest a reasonable probability that the siteings are Liam without due cause.
I think we are getting very close, and am more hopeful than ever.

It would be cruel and irresponsible for the press to suggest a reasonable probability that the siteings are Liam without due cause.
I think we are getting very close, and am more hopeful than ever.

I think the press just writes what the family has stated and got their information from them. I hope it‘s him and not someone who looks like him. I just wonder why people took the time to take a photo and didn‘t talk to him. [emoji52]

I haven't read anything at all in German news.

I think the press just writes what the family has stated and got their information from them. I hope it‘s him and not someone who looks like him. I just wonder why people took the time to take a photo and didn‘t talk to him. [emoji52]

Maybe they tried and didn't speak English, or his accent was hard for them to decipher?
The reason I am so hopeful is that the redheaded population is only around 2%...what are the chances? Better.
(It does go as high as 10% in Ireland).

Maybe they were just driving by and did not have the opportunity to stop, so just quickly snapped a photo? imo

Maybe they tried and didn't speak English, or his accent was hard for them to decipher?
The reason I am so hopeful is that the redheaded population is only around 2%...what are the chances? Better.
(It does go as high as 10% in Ireland).
I wrote some pages before, his looks are not so exotic for this part of the world , this is Germany and also in the north some mixture to Scandinavia makes his looks quite fitting this area.
For sure, talking to the person would have been more useful to confirm

I wrote some pages before, his looks are not so exotic for this part of the world , this is Germany and also in the north some mixture to Scandinavia makes his looks quite fitting this area.
For sure, talking to the person would have been more useful to confirm
On the subway this morning were 3 ginger haired males and one gorgeous woman. Not unusual at all.
Unfortunate he looks just like the next of us. You would need to keep your eyes open.

The headline of this tweet from yesterday goes "Liam Colgan 'spotted as rough sleeper' in Hamburg".

Possibly the person who took the photo did not feel comfortable approaching the individual, or the person did not respond because they were sleeping?

I understand it as "rough" sleeper meaning, sleeping in his clothes, disheveled looking. Why not call the police and let them sort it out? Instead of trying to approach them? Hat is so disheartening for the family to know he was possibly that close to being discovered and nothing.

I understand it as "rough" sleeper meaning, sleeping in his clothes, disheveled looking. Why not call the police and let them sort it out? Instead of trying to approach them? Hat is so disheartening for the family to know he was possibly that close to being discovered and nothing.

I thought it meant a homeless person sleeping on the sidewalk, in a pedestrian tunnel, or some such.

I agree they should have called police.

HUNT CONTINUES German cops confirm man matching Liam Colgan’s description spotted holding sign saying ‘help get me home’ not the missing postie
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2491939/german-cops-liam-colgan-hamburg-missing/
GERMAN police have confirmed that a man matching Liam Colgan’s description spotted holding a sign saying “help get me home” was not the missing postie.

The man was seen at a train station near Hamburg last month, but police have said the man was trying to get to Romania.

[...]

Missing postman's family back in Hamburg to continue search
https://www.highland-news.co.uk/New...ck-in-Hamburg-to-continue-search-13042018.htm
The brother of missing Inverness man Liam Colgan has returned to Hamburg after two "credible sightings" were reported.
It has now been more than two months since Liam Colgan (29) disappeared while on his brother’s stag do in Germany.
The police in Hamburg are describing the search for Mr Colgan as "unprecedented" with hundreds of volunteers and supporters across the country banding together to help in the hunt.
Last week possible sightings of Mr Colgan were reported in Altona and at the Reeperbahn and one member of the public even managed to take a photograph of the man.
Social media users have requested that the photograph is posted online but the family have made the decision not to because it is not "absolutely clear" that it is Liam.
[...]

This could be the weekend he’s found. Come on Liam, we’re looking.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back