Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask, why do a lack of shoes indicate domestic abuse? Just because she might've been at home?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I personally didn't think that the lack of shoes necessarily meant domestic abuse. Sometimes when I'm a passenger while traveling for a while I slip my shoes off to be more comfortable in a cramped space.

This is wonderful Springrain, thanks. I don't as of now, have a FB page, is there any way someone out there can post the side by side of Marcia and Carl's sketches on here? I'd really like to see.
Well she really did enjoy the outdoors as the picture shows.!!!
Thank you to all websleuthers, the DNA Doe Project, and to CarlK for the beautiful depictions. Awesome job, kudos!!!

This should work:
attachment.php

Attachments

• buckskin marcia.jpg
    buckskin marcia.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 538
I personally didn't think that the lack of shoes necessarily meant domestic abuse. Sometimes when I'm a passenger while traveling for a while I slip my shoes off to be more comfortable in a cramped space.

Exactly ... I do the same

Just wondering it says that in a lot of the reports and confused why... Good points

I think the bare feet, combined with the personal aspect of the attack (strangulation is pretty personal, different than using a gun, etc.) and the lack of sexual assault is what led people to that conclusion. At least, that's how it shaped what my theory was until now.

Seeing the change in your avatar brought tears to mine.

It was very emotional, changing it after it had been of the reconstruction for so long. Now it's finally who she really was in life.

I think the bare feet, combined with the personal aspect of the attack (strangulation is pretty personal, different than using a gun, etc.) and the lack of sexual assault is what led people to that conclusion. At least, that's how it shaped what my theory was until now.[/QUOTE

Maybe the full extent of her injuries were not mentioned. She was described as beaten and strangled and lacerated liver. Maybe bruising and such revealed a more severe beating even than what has been stated so far. It could indicate to LE that most likely it didn't occur in a vehicle.

It would be good if Pittsburgh and Louisville media would pick up this story and show her picture.

If the liver was lacerated and (from seeing the morgue photos of her head and neck) she was beaten severely, I would bet that she wasn't killed in a car or truck. A van perhaps but not a regular vehicle, because the confines would have been too small to allow for some of those injuries.

So very happy to see this beautiful being get her name back. It breaks my heart that a monster cut so short the life of such an adventurous and lovely young woman. I sure hope the rest of this mystery is solved quickly and Marcia can have justice and RIP.

This was never a personal case for me (I tend to focus on cases where I grew up), but six minutes into the press conference I broke down sobbing. I am so thankful that Marcia has her name back, and my prayers are with her family. What a truly beautiful woman she was :rose: I'm certain she is watching over her mother. Rest in peace, Marcia.

Well there is a difference in spelling-- the PA one has an h on the end. I assumed KY because of the wording in the article:

http://www.whio.com/news/local/miam...nsolved-homicide-case/fmfdENjXMReEHV5VZGPcpI/

The reporter might be unaware there is a Pittsburg, KY and leaving off the PA may confuse people from KY. I'm not sure now which one it is but it is spelled like the bigger city in PA.

If the article says "Pittsburgh and Louisville KY" that wording suggests both in KY. Doesn't say Pittsburg PA. and Louisville KY.
My brother lived in Pittsburgh PA for a time. I live in Dayton Oh area. We always took I 75 to I -70 straight to Pittsburgh PA. From Louisville or Cincinnati you likely would take I-71 to 70 as 71 takes you farther east and cuts off a few miles. Unless you have a specific reason to pass thru Dayton to I 70. She was found just off I75 a little north of I 75 / I 70 interchange which is a major crossroads in the US highway system. Lots of the big truck stops there too. Another possibility is she was dropped there and picked up a new ride. But reports of her seen in Troy at a bar. Wonder if LE thinks it was her or they can't be sure.

If the liver was lacerated and (from seeing the morgue photos of her head and neck) she was beaten severely, I would bet that she wasn't killed in a car or truck. A van perhaps but not a regular vehicle, because the confines would have been too small to allow for some of those injuries.

Yes the lacerated liver. Maybe shoved hard against something or kicked in the lower back or hit with an object like a bat or crowbar for example that would deliver more force than a punch.

If the article says "Pittsburgh and Louisville KY" that wording suggests both in KY. Doesn't say Pittsburg PA. and Louisville KY.
My brother lived in Pittsburgh PA for a time. I live in Dayton Oh area. We always took I 75 to I -70 straight to Pittsburgh PA. From Louisville or Cincinnati you likely would take I-71 to 70 as 71 takes you farther east and cuts off a few miles. Unless you have a specific reason to pass thru Dayton to I 70. She was found just off I75 a little north of I 75 / I 70 interchange which is a major crossroads in the US highway system. Lots of the big truck stops there too. Another possibility is she was dropped there and picked up a new ride. But reports of her seen in Troy at a bar. Wonder if LE thinks it was her or they can't be sure.
If you look at the restaurant she was (allegedly) seen at it's right off of 75. Where she was found was a little farther out but I could see the killer trying to find a hidden place
8e0cb2200c1eeabfcadf7a5ee02b75f6.jpg

I have a question to those who know the area, the detective told me there was a steep hill nearby that big rigs couldn't get over and where she was found was the last turn off before the hill. Do you know what hill he is talking about?

. I live in Troy, and walk by Marcia’s grave often, so have always had an interest in the case. A local convicted murdered was released from jail recently after an April 1981 murder in Troy, Miami County. This victim was dumped in the country in a similar fashion. He was just sent back to jail for sexual crimes. Something to think about in terms of timing. So glad she’s been identified. Just some food for thought!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...ty-sex-counts/1i7C09KlA20l1wV6wtiB4J/amp.html

. I live in Troy, and walk by Marcia’s grave often, so have always had an interest in the case. A local convicted murdered was released from jail recently after an April 1981 murder in Troy, Miami County. This victim was dumped in the country in a similar fashion. He was just sent back to jail for sexual crimes. Something to think about in terms of timing. So glad she’s been identified. Just some food for thought!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...ty-sex-counts/1i7C09KlA20l1wV6wtiB4J/amp.html
Is it possible she hitched a ride from Louisville to Dayton, and was dropped off at a nearby restaurant, and picked up a ride with another stranger who was from the area, possibly him (might explain knowledge of side roads)? The fact that it's so close to her route makes me think she wasn't staying there, and Louisville to Dayton is easy to drive in a day, but unsure about the lacerated liver...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member