ACTIVE SEARCH CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 Mar 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they had gotten her to the dentist right away, she might have not even NEEDED implants. Many teeth can actually be replanted and saved if you get to the dentist right away.

I think this may have been done to her on purpose.
There was never any intent to fix her teeth.

This may have been shared before but its the first I have seen this. Im starting to agree that both had serious issues. Not sure what kind of sickness she is referring to here.

"One of the moms who died when an SUV plunged off a Northern California cliff, killing a family of eight, told a friend days before that she was so sick she might have to go to hospital."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ged-cliff-sent-worrying-3am-text-message.html

Sick in the head.

IMO

IMO, It looks like they other kids had nice straight/white teeth. I'm not trying to defend Sarah or Jen by any means but dental work is EXPENSIVE! I couldn't imagine having to pay for dental work on six kids in the same year. Not saying it was right to leave poor Hannah with no teeth but we really don't know anything about Dr visits and Dentist Appts. They may have been trying to save money to get implants for her.

On the other hand, it does seem like Hannah and Markis were the two least favorite of the group. Maybe they just didn't care enough to help them get what the needed.

And they were the oldest.

IMO

<modsnip>

I don&#8217;t think being white or having a special ed endorsement mattered because NONE of it matters in the process.

Yes, they ask you very intrusive questions and get your experience and education information. They get references and you take classes that include role playing and behavioral management. They do background checks that include cps and criminal checks everywhere you have lived for X years.

But in the end, except for ruling out a few people, they accept practically everyone. And then you can have any kids you think you can handle (unless you&#8217;ve given them reason to think you can&#8217;t handle certain things so they don&#8217;t call you regarding certain kids).

Now adopting is a little different because they aren&#8217;t choosing you by number of beds you have for each gender or where you are located in relation to the office. They have a number of people showing interest in a set of kids and choose who they hope will provide best for the children&#8217;s needs. Not having any other kids to compete for attention likely counted more than having a special ed minor she wasn&#8217;t using though.

And honestly? We were chosen for one child because we were the only ones in state that didn&#8217;t back out once we got more information. It could have been they had little or no competition based on the needs of the kids.

And then some is just dumb luck. In this case, really bad luck for those kids.

I don&#8217;t understand how they got the second set though once they already had a child abuse conviction. That is insane.

Her current place of employment has been verified by news reports that include interviews with co-workers.

Not disputing that she worked for Kohl&#8217;s. But the question was about three transfers in one year. Her LinkedIn might not necessarily reflect that level of detail.

If I had friend that posted like that, I would think, “Screw you.” Castigating friends. Who needs it. They are soooooo important . A totally shaming and scolding post. No thank you very much.
Yes! Her arrogance, anger and self righteousness really shines through. How she managed to have so many FB followers is beyond me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

It’s not that simple imo. If your child is overeating because of emotional issues, it can be way more damaging to put locks on the fridge imo. Removing the garbage can isn’t going to make their emotional issues go away. JMO
Or the whole eating garbage issue is made up.

Regarding my comparison above about 'Rescued Horses". women who set up horse/animal rescues also have $$$$

in their plan since they get lots of sympathy donations and it can become a financially thriving business if done right.

I do believe the financial incentives for taking these 6 kids was part of the payoff for these women. Jen could stay

home, be the marine sargeant disciplinarian, be the naturalist gardener growing their own food, being the farmer

with animals/ goats/chickens, etc. The financial incentives played a huge part in this whole tragedy. MOO.
I totally agree, especially if they received 270k.

Not disputing that she worked for Kohl’s. But the question was about three transfers in one year. Her LinkedIn might not necessarily reflect that level of detail.

Her LinkedIn profile said she was working at Wood Village in November 2015, and it was confirmed by news reports that she was also working at that same store in late March 2018. But your point is well taken. There is the possibility that she was bouncing around a little in there.

I don't think this information proves she's an "evil liar" (based on my experience with a drug addicted birth mother) and perhaps she was lying about other things, but a drug addict abusing drugs for twenty years is not going to sober up for one kid and then test positive for drugs at birth for the other two. It doesn't say Devonte didn't have drugs in his system, it only proves that Jeremiah and Sierra did. Perhaps she was in a rehab program when Devonte was born, but it's not totally off base to say drugs played a role in Devonte's early life. It also says CPS got involved with this birth mother again in 2004, so two years after Devonte's birth. And I might be wrong about this, but if Sierra was born in 2006 and the info provided is for Sierra, then she was twelve or maybe thirteen.

You still don't say that about an adolescent child, whose is being photographed for a newspaper, along with his full name. Whatever grain of truth there was in this, the only reason to mention it at all in the way she did is to add drama. "Unfortunate circumstances" would have sufficed.

LinkedIn isn’t really verified information; it’s self-reported (kinda like FaceBook!) The only way to verify Jen’s employment is through HR wherever she worked.
Perhaps its transferring to 3 different locations/cities, but I can only think of two MN to OR and OR to WA. But like someone else said, its best to take what Jen says with a grain of salt.

Or the whole eating garbage issue is made up.

Sure, it very well could be made up in this situation. My post was a general statement on the topic of children with food issues stemming from emotional issues, not specifically regarding the Hart’s. Just because the Hart moms may have lied about the kids eating from the garbage, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen in other families.

JMO- thinking out loud so be kind please. What if Sarah was the dominant personality? What if Abigail told the teacher Jen abused her because she was afraid of the repercussions of outing Sarah? Sarah, perhaps, was fed up and just said-"I Did It". Taking the blame as she really did do it. A friend says she witnessed Sarah bruising one of the girls wrist over food. Jen was a stay at home mom with 6 kids. Sarah comes home, and as the breadwinner, expects a tidy house and obeying children. Maybe Jen was terrified of disappointing Sarah. Maybe Sarah flew home in a rage after the CPS visit and loaded everyone in the car. Perhaps Jen knew Sarah had reached her limit and didn't want to deal with disappointing her anymore -and ended it at the cliff.

At first I felt dominance in Jen. The staged photos, the perfect image. But as I saw the birthday video and several photos, I felt like a saw a coldness in Sarah and perhaps, an insane willingness by Jen to please Sarah with the dog and pony show. As in, look what we did all day (chicken and waffles pics, etc) while you were at work. Detachment: If you watch the Bird Landing on the Podium at the Bernie Sanders rally, Jen seems so animated. She goes to high five Sarah at one point. Sarah's response reads lukewarm at best.

Those wonderful, beautiful children were caught up in a storm of narcissism. Zero excuse for abuse. They weathered so very much. Breaks my heart.

Some really interesting points here. This demonstrates just how little we know about the family. We have largely constructed a narrative with Jenn as the abuser/controller, but we have little evidence either way. This scenario could be equally likely.

An interesting note from the linked article on family annihilators:

Men are typically fueled by revenge or anger, Scott said. Financial crises, domestic violence and a recent divorce or estrangement are often cited as factors. That's not true for women. Mental illness or a reaction to years of battery or abuse are more commonly present, as are premeditated family slayings.

On the other hand, the same article also states:

"It's important for abusers to manage their identity," Scott said. "It was very important that they look good outside their family."

which definitely seems to apply more to Jen, as the architect of their social media image.

One thing that stands out is the family's move to the West Coast in 2012(?). Not sure whether Sarah would have gone ahead alone for a few months if she were the one in control.

Quote from court document:
"Second, it is apparent from the record that the October 2008 hearing was not the first time Celestine's fitness to care for the children was called into question. The trial court had already heard substantial testimony regarding the reasons why DFPS removed the children from Celestine's home in December 2006."

Thank you for catching that. It's important. These poor kids. They should have been given every chance in the world after that. Everything that happened to them, and Hannah and Devonte was still fighting to stay alive.

Yes! Her arrogance, anger and self righteousness really shines through. How she managed to have so many FB followers is beyond me!

I think it was the kids and the happy family façade that drew people in, and I get the feeling that once you are part of their extended festival family you are family.

To me her post reads like "You think I'm a selfish ***hole but look at all the terrible things that have happened to ME. How dare you judge!"

And they were given to abusive murderers.

True. But that's only in hindsight. They weren't murderers before. The risk of someone who is a known drug user who neglects or abuses their kids is considered a greater risk than an unknown factor who passes the states hoops.

If they'd been allowed to stay with drug using parents we might have yet another thread where people are ranting about how horrible CPS is because they allowed the kids to stay with a known drug user. I think it's ludicrous to hold it against CPS that they removed kids from a parent who was using cocaine while pregnant.

The children needed a good, healthy, stable home. Unfortunately neither their biological parents or adoptive parents provided it. :/

I have a feeling it was about avoiding detection of abuse rather than a genuine distrust of main stream medicine.

IMO, It looks like they other kids had nice straight/white teeth. I'm not trying to defend Sarah or Jen by any means but dental work is EXPENSIVE! I couldn't imagine having to pay for dental work on six kids in the same year. Not saying it was right to leave poor Hannah with no teeth but we really don't know anything about Dr visits and Dentist Appts. They may have been trying to save money to get implants for her.

On the other hand, it does seem like Hannah and Markis were the two least favorite of the group. Maybe they just didn't care enough to help them get what the needed.
Bbm:
At first I wondered why... And I think I agree whoever had fab teeth were the faves. And these two obviously didn't do their jobs as parents to get Markis's overbite,or Hannah's missing teeth addressed. It's not only astethic, it even more important for health reasons...

It is unbelievable to me that these two women had the gift of beautiful teeth, beautiful smiles, and let their children go without.

To me, that is a cruelty I'll never understand, but also shows their true separation from love or parenting. No parent who loves their child would ever let a child go without front teeth, or a precarious overbite.. No parent. No one who loves their child would ever let them go without a beautiful smile.

Eta: ways and means are important. And this is exactly what subsidies are intended for; the children, now and down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie