GUILTY MO - Carl DeBrodie, 31, Fulton, disabled, beaten to death, encased in concrete, 17 Apr 2017 *Arrests

This article lately of all the finger pointing thus far in this case. I have felt all along that when it comes right down to it the facility and / or workers would put the blame on a "client" who had or has on record mental in capacities.

JMO

In the documents, the former employee claims, "During the course and scope of my employment, I became a witness in a murder investigation involving one of the consumers whom I supervised and was asked to spend time alone with another client who had confessed to the murder."
The type of injury the former employee endured has been redacted from the documents.
There is no confirmation that this claim is connected to the Carl DeBrodie case. DeBrodie was reported missing from Second Chance Homes in April 2017, and was later found encased in concrete in a Fulton storage unit.

www.abc17news.com/news/crime/worker...-chance-homes-confessed-to-murder-1/726152157

Wow. *IF* this claim is true it will be compelling testimony whether this involves Carl or it doesn't. I am thinking in terms of 'pattern of violations' this could be quite a bombshell.[emoji378]

Thanks for the link.

What? Let me say that if a legit agency had a consumer who killed another one, the first instinct would be horror and calling the police. But they went on about business and hid the body, instead? And continued collecting payment? Ok, they are going to have to try another cockamamy story. That one doesn't fly. Lying thieves who are committing (Probably ) medicaid fraud claiming services that don't exists. That's my guess.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What? Let me say that if a legit agency had a consumer who killed another one, the first instinct would be horror and calling the police. But they went on about business and hid the body, instead? And continued collecting payment? Ok, they are going to have to try another cockamamy story. That one doesn't fly. Lying thieves who are committing (Probably ) medicaid fraud claiming services that don't exists. That's my guess.

That's a fair guess. It is a bit hinky, yes? Even if employee kept it to themselves, 1) how did nobody notice Carl was missing? And 2) collectively say nothing? I don't even know what to think.

Glad you are here for Carl to offer your professional insight, mpnola.

That's a fair guess. It is a bit hinky, yes? Even if employee kept it to themselves, 1) how did nobody notice Carl was missing? And 2) collectively say nothing? I don't even know what to think.

Thanks, watergirl!

Yeah, it would be impossible to do your job correctly and have that be a scenario. We are required to keep written documentation on each person, daily or actually several times a day. From how independent they were in their skills they are working on to mood to medication, and there is a roster that says if each person was in the house or not, because after so many hours (even home visit), the facility is not paid for those days. I don't even understand the crazy story they are trying to tell.

BBM. This made me think of a recent article in another unrelated case. Nancy Paulikas is a woman with dementia missing in CA after she wandered away from her family at a museum. A LEO has stepped up to help her family find Nancy and has a theory about what may have happened to her. Here's a quote from the most recent article:

He's not certain, of course, but his hypothetical begins like this:

Someone may have spotted Paulikas on the street, disoriented or in distress, after her disappearance. She might have been transported by emergency responders to a hospital that realized there'd be no way to get reimbursed for Paulikas' care.

So she could have been shipped to a care facility or a homeless shelter, not necessarily with her best interests in mind.

"You've heard of patient dumping," said Goldberg.
If she ended up in a licensed or unlicensed care facility, large or small, the caretaker may not have known who Paulikas was, despite statewide missing persons alerts that noted her description and severe Alzheimer's.

Or something more nefarious may have happened.

A caretaker may have recognized Paulikas but kept her identity secret, because she was a source of steady income. Monthly reimbursements for care are available through Medi-Cal for Jane Does.

Or, in an even darker scenario, maybe a care facility had a female client — let's call her Betty, says Goldberg — who died. Then along came Nancy, and to keep the money flowing without a hitch, the caretaker did a shuffle, and Nancy became Betty.

"If you have a death by natural causes, and you have a doctor willing to sign for her death certificate, she'll go straight to release by a coroner without a record," said Goldberg.

It's a creepy possibility, but probably not all that far-fetched. Medical fraud is a fact of life, and in a rapidly aging population of boomers, it's safe to assume that all manner of profiteering is in play.
Read More: http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-lopez-nancy-missing-20180407-story.html

Nancy's thread: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?319397-CA-Nancy-Paulikas-55-Los-Angeles-15-Oct-2016

The BBM in the above article got me to thinking in Carl's case-- what if they had found a John Doe patient to "replace" Carl so they could keep on collecting money? But maybe they didn't have a coroner in on the scheme, so Carl ended up in the container in concrete. It's horrifying to think how many victims there could be in this case. :scared:

How awful. I had no idea but I'm not surprised by the lengths people will go to for someone else's money.Thanks for posting Nancy's link, Gardener. I will have to read her thread. The scenarios that you highlighted are so wretched and deplorable, but yeah, totally plausible. Follow the money.

How awful. I had no idea but I'm not surprised by the lengths people will go to for someone else's money.Thanks for posting Nancy's link, Gardener. I will have to read her thread. The scenarios that you highlighted are so wretched and deplorable, but yeah, totally plausible. Follow the money.

This is all new info to me and terrifying. It's hard to comprehend that there are crooked people like this in some care facilities-- and enough that more than one person would agree to a cover-up for money. I can't imagine how no one would notice if a patient was switched with another. My grandmother had dementia in her last years and she was in an awesome assisted living facility. The people there went above and beyond to make sure she lived out her last days healthy and with dignity even when she gave the care-givers trouble doing crazy things like taking another patient's teeth and hiding her own hearing aides. Granted, we visited her everyday and it was a small town where everyone knows everyone else. At least half the other patients my family knew from before they were placed there. If a patient we knew didn't have any family nearby to come see them we visited with them from time to time too. We would have known if Mrs Baker suddenly was gone and another patient took her room and her name. But this must be happening in some places or it would not be put out there as a theory by LE, IMO. I know many older adults and disabled have no one looking out for their interests. Many are dumped in a facility and the family pretends they don't exist or the family doesn't have the resources/ ability to visit and check up on them as often as my family visited my grandmother. It so scary to think this kind of abuse could happen. And it will make me look at missing cases differently now when someone with a mental illness or disability goes missing and is found in a care facility weeks or months later. Who is to say the person went to a hospital willingly and was not over-medicated to be kept as a JD for a little longer for the money? :scared:

Another new article regarding Carl. It has been confirmed that there is a connection. I believe the reason the FBI and Justice Dept are involved is because of suspected fraud involved in filling out fake documents to continue getting paid for his care, plus fake visit reports by the County and others.

JMO's

FULTON, Mo. - ABC 17 News has confirmed through multiple sources the workers comp claim filed was in regards to the Carl DeBrodie death investigation.

The claim lists the injury date as Feb. 28, 2017, nearly two months before DeBrodie was reported missing.

ABC 17 News sunshine requested police reports to Second Chance homes. From 2006 to October 2016, police have been to second chance homes 16 times. Police calls ranged from music being too loud to assault.

Another new article regarding Carl. It has been confirmed that there is a connection. I believe the reason the FBI and Justice Dept are involved is because of suspected fraud involved in filling out fake documents to continue getting paid for his care, plus fake visit reports by the County and others.

JMO's

FULTON, Mo. - ABC 17 News has confirmed through multiple sources the workers comp claim filed was in regards to the Carl DeBrodie death investigation.

The claim lists the injury date as Feb. 28, 2017, nearly two months before DeBrodie was reported missing.

ABC 17 News sunshine requested police reports to Second Chance homes. From 2006 to October 2016, police have been to second chance homes 16 times. Police calls ranged from music being too loud to assault.
http://www.abc17news.com/news/worke...g-carl-debrodie-death-investigation/726775383

[emoji50]

watergirl thank you for adding that link and clearing up my mess. I could have sworn I put the link but I guess not. Again thanks. I have been in hopes to get more involved in this thread.

JMO

watergirl thank you for adding that link and clearing up my mess. I could have sworn I put the link but I guess not. Again thanks. I have been in hopes to get more involved in this thread.

JMO
No worries... I assumed you were on an iPad. Thanks for the news update, jggordo!

A different news outlet in Jefferson City. I feel that until someone (media) gets the attention of the State Prosecuting Attorney, and asks him publicly why he has not interceded in this case and it's prosecution nothing will change. He is more interested in running for the State Senate race than doing the job he was elected to do now.

Just my opinion.

"Some of the major hold up is because of the federal prosecution and we want to make sure we get as much prosecution as possible."
While Martin awaits that prosecution, she remains hopeful that the death of Carl will create an awareness for others.
"If one person has their eyes open in a community-- an awareness that people are being treated rudely, they're a money-making object--does something."

http://krcgtv.com/news/local/one-year-later-justice-awaits-for-carl-debrodie

Family and friends gather one year after Carl Debrodie's body found

cache.php

FULTON, Mo. - Family and friends of Carl Debrodie gathered Saturday at Memorial Park in Fulton to mourn his death almost one year after his body was found encased in cement in a storage facility.

So far no arrests have been made in the investigation.

"It's hard to not realize that we'll never have him back in our home," said Mary Martin, a former guardian of DeBrodie. "We're going to talk about the good stuff."
"We just want to see an arrest," one person said at the memorial.
http://www.abc17news.com/news/famil...rodies-body-found-encased-in-cement/732744249

This article just released. I do not cry easily. Claims made in this article makes me realize that there ARE monsters that go bump in the night. I am sure I will have more to say after the shock wears off a little.

All this on the heels of a Governor (MO) who cut mental health funding and $ for it. One who resigned yesterday from taking dirty pictures of a mistress, and campaign funding violations. I believe they are still taking 2020 for a civil trial to happen. I'm embarrassed and appalled to live in MO right now.

JMO

www.abc17news.com/news/carl-debrodie-was-killed-by-injuries-from-forced-fighting-court-documents-reveal-graphic-details/747619240

Last edited:
FULTON, Mo. - "New court documents released in the wrongful death lawsuit case of Carl DeBrodie reveal DeBrodie was forced to physically fight another resident for the "benefit and amusement of Paulo and her family," those events eventually causing his death. Sherry Paulo was the manager of Second Chance Homes, where Carl was living before he died.

As a result of these forced fighting engagements, Carl suffered serious injuries, including at least six broken ribs. Carl also regularly suffered black eyes and other bruising. "

Apparently the Civil case has prompted evidence to come to light. How can ANY LEO or official to allow this kind of thing go without ANY arrest for well over a year?
"Documents say instead of calling 911 or other emergency assistance, Flores and the resident carried Carl upstairs and placed him in a bathtub with the shower running. Carl was bleeding from his nose and mouth and continued to convulse in the bathtub. Documents say "no life-saving measures were attempted that night with respect to Carl, Carl died as a result of the episode. Carl remained in the bathtub for two or three days until he was ultimately placed into the City of Fulton trash can, encased in concrete, and placed into a storage unit."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back