Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they'll go back and revisit those eye witness statements. Investigators stated the leads didn't go anywhere, namely lead to identity or killer, but they never came out and said they weren't her. either.

I wonder if they'll go back and revisit those eye witness statements. Investigators stated the leads didn't go anywhere, namely lead to identity or killer, but they never came out and said they weren't her. either.
Agreed. Would really help with the barefoot part, and if she was with someone

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Any of you read the local paper link provided some pages back ? Piqua Daily Call and the Troy paper? There was an interview again with Greg Briedenbaugh who found her. He says she was laying on her right side almost in a fetal position. As if she was placed that way. Surely there were DNA traces left by whomever. But back then if they saved any initial stuff taken from her clothing I don't know. And DNA can degrade fairly quickly if not carefully stored. And her clothing was sent out for pollen analysis.

Did a search while standing in line at the bank. I missed a bunch of posts so am quoting to read when I get home.
Little York Tavern also sat on the same corner.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

... r girl and guy with stubs for arms. Bennington advised that a lawyer

... ayton fits the no arm desc. [Address and Phone # Redacted]

That is interesting, I'm guessing they determined noone in Dayton fit that description. Did they go door to door checking for arms?

Posts sleuthing family have been removed. It is against TOS so don't do it.

:wave:

It's a massive shame LE in the US were for some reason beyond me totally reluctant in the past to take detailed missing persons reports in a lot of cases making the work by people on WS and the like useless in cases like these.

Edit: The people on FB and in the News stories comment sections make me so [emoji35]. It sounds like the father did try and report her missing only LE wouldn't take the report. Obviously somebody should of been advocating for MK over the years but that doesn't mean the public has a right to go after the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any of you read the local paper link provided some pages back ? Piqua Daily Call and the Troy paper? There was an interview again with Greg Briedenbaugh who found her. He says she was laying on her right side almost in a fetal position. As if she was placed that way. Surely there were DNA traces left by whomever. But back then if they saved any initial stuff taken from her clothing I don't know. And DNA can degrade fairly quickly if not carefully stored. And her clothing was sent out for pollen analysis.

Yes, read that article this morning.. that she was on her side in a fetal position and I thought she was found face down.:thinking:

... r girl and guy with stubs for arms. Bennington advised that a lawyer

... ayton fits the no arm desc. [Address and Phone # Redacted]

That is interesting, I'm guessing they determined noone in Dayton fit that description. Did they go door to door checking for arms?

But it says 3 yrs ago if it's all referring to same tip. It's all under a Fairborn PD notation.

I think sometimes people just call in stuff that's not that similar at all but LE has to follow up if it's even remotely credible. Not saying that these things in the notes aren't credible but it also could be --oh I saw a barefoot girl. I'll call it in. That's not a good area of town and wasn't back then either. Close to a lot of business and factories and heavy traffic. No emissions standards on cars yet. How would her feet have been clean. Just wondering and if you could even follow up after 37yrs.

Yes, read that article this morning.. that she was on her side in a fetal position and I thought she was found face down.:thinking:
I literally even tried to mimic this on my couch and couldn't figure out how it was possible.. perhaps maybe they tried to push her over on her side to see if she was conscious?

There's a reason we call that trashy rag The Daily Fail.

Not much has been released to the public about Marcia's last known whereabouts except for what's been in the media and what was said in the press conference. Investigators are trying to trace her movements the month before she died. All we know is that the family has indicated she could have been in Pittsburgh, PA and Louisville, KY.
In the beginning, we got some unofficial information from her family when they posted a few things on BG's facebook page. The posts were removed when her poor family started getting harassed by people who felt the need to call them and yell at them for not reporting her. I'm afraid we'll probably never know now, thanks to those folks.

I was just thinking about the remarks by LE making a point of well groomed excellent personal hygiene and so on. Thinking she may have been staying somewhere or with someone for at least a week or so give or take a few days to be able to do that. I've been on the road travelling with others though, for extended periods when I was that age. It's hard to just keep up a daily regimen that you normally do when you have a base to come back to daily even if it's a motel.
And as "clean" as they describe her it would seem the same day she must have had access to a place.

I literally even tried to mimic this on my couch and couldn't figure out how it was possible.. perhaps maybe they tried to push her over on her side to see if she was conscious?

V
Maybe she was faintly sill alive when she was placed there.. and curled up into a fetal position before she finally passed. Kind of like being hit in the stomach you would slump over :dunno: just a thought

I was just thinking about the remarks by LE making a point of well groomed excellent personal hygiene and so on. Thinking she may have been staying somewhere or with someone for at least a week or so give or take a few days to be able to do that. I've been on the road travelling with others though, for extended periods when I was that age. It's hard to just keep up a daily regimen that you normally do when you have a base to come back to daily even if it's a motel.
And as "clean" as they describe her it would seem the same day she must have had access to a place.
I know that they mentioned she travelled a lot from Louisville to Pittsburgh, and it does seem like she was found pretty close to the route that connects the two places. If she was staying in Louisville she could've showered the night before.. you can easily get to Dayton within a day.

For some reason in my head I thought of the distances as some long laborious trip, but in actuality it's not even that far total, especially if you're travelling popular routes

Not much has been released to the public about Marcia's last known whereabouts except for what's been in the media and what was said in the press conference. Investigators are trying to trace her movements the month before she died. All we know is that the family has indicated she could have been in Pittsburgh, PA and Louisville, KY.
In the beginning, we got some unofficial information from her family when they posted a few things on BG's facebook page. The posts were removed when her poor family started getting harassed by people who felt the need to call them and yell at them for not reporting her. I'm afraid we'll probably never know now, thanks to those folks.

The guy who found her was a fire dept lieutenant and said she wasn't touched. First responders know not to do that. They thought traffic. accident first and Hwy Patrol was there first then EMS came and pronounced her dead. I'm sure it stuck in his head her being in that position
It sounds like she was recently killed or possibly not dead yet and someone picked her up in their arms like you would "cradle" a baby and laid her there. Maybe she was put in a car trunk in that position to transport.

The guy who found her was a fire dept lieutenant and said she wasn't touched. First responders know not to do that. They thought traffic. accident first and Hwy Patrol was there first then EMS came and pronounced her dead. I'm sure it stuck in his head her being in that position
It sounds like she was recently killed or possibly not dead yet and someone picked her up in their arms like you would "cradle" a baby and laid her there. Maybe she was put in a car trunk in that position to transport.
Good point... Also she was found in a bit of a ditch right? Would think gravity or rolling would take some kind of role there

Must have been a fairly big person to do this. If she was about 5'6" 125 lbs. That's a fairly tall woman and not easy to carry that weight of someone who's deceased.

The information about her being in a fetal position makes me think that perhaps she was transported in the trunk of a car and rigor mortis set in while she was in the trunk. JMO.

Curious if they thought about rechecking that area, things can resurface. Where I grew up I took kids exploring on one of the hills, things from yesteryear were there whereas they weren't anytime we cleared off the hill. Who ever dumped her there could have dropped something. Keep in mind it was all fields, ground gets turned yearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member