Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
The information about her being in a fetal position makes me think that perhaps she was transported in the trunk of a car and rigor mortis set in while she was in the trunk. JMO.
Wouldn't she no longer be in that position? Thought they found her after rigor mortis passed. Don't know a lot about this stuff though

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I just drove that road, Bridenbaughs house was most definitely the only house between Horseshoe Bend and Fenner. On Fenner there's 2 old farmhouses to the right. She had to of been placed there in hopes noone would find her right away.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wouldn't she no longer be in that position? Thought they found her after rigor mortis passed. Don't know a lot about this stuff though

Depends on the temperature. According to Wikipedia it could last for several days in cooler conditions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rigor_mortis

April in Ohio is not usually very warm. JMO.

I just drove that road, Bridenbaughs house was most definitely the only house between Horseshoe Bend and Fenner. On Fenner there's 2 old farmhouses to the right. She had to of been placed there in hopes noone would find her right away.

This is a super private area right? Or not an area you would know to go to if you weren't from the area?

Depends on the temperature. According to Wikipedia it could last for several days in cooler conditions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rigor_mortis

April in Ohio is not usually very warm. JMO.
Actually Ohio varies, we can have snow, tornados, and 80° in the same week. It was decent that day.
d7dc7e77c98ea83969e9f88221608ece.jpg

This is a super private area right? Or not an area you would know to go to if you weren't from the area?

Correct, you would only go through there if you were from around here. Unless school would take a field trip to Brukner Nature.

Do you know if it's changed much since 81? Can't believe you're so close you visited today!

Actually Ohio varies, we can have snow, tornados, and 80° in the same week. It was decent that day.

I guess I should say that night before, weather for that entire week was in mid 50s. No rain or snow.

Do you know if it's changed much since 81? Can't believe you're so close you visited today!
I grew up here, went out and started a family and sadly came back. My parents haven't moved. Nothing much has changed, there are newer houses that sit on the closer side to Horseshoe Bend. I'm guessing a farmer finally sold some land. The side of Bridenbaughs is still farm land and the house.

Ditches are steep enough where you would have to step down in it to place a body and maybe climb up. It was all fields, need ditches to support heavy water run offs. If she was rolled into that position there would be scuff marks from the gravel or dirt.

I guess I should say that night before, weather for that entire week was in mid 50s. No rain or snow.

Thanks, I don't know enough about rigor mortis to know if that's cool enough to keep her like that for a few days. 50's is not exactly hot but not freezing. I know many people in the midwest will go outside in short sleeves in that weather though. She seems to have been dressed for cooler weather with her turtleneck sweater and buckskin jacket. Maybe she was transported from a colder location?

We know that Marcia was fully clothed when found, and had not been sexually assaulted.
She died from blunt force trauma, and strangulation.
I'm interested in your speculations and hypothesis as to why this beautiful young woman was attacked in such a manner.

What do you think motivated the attack, and what do you think of the manner of the attack? Here are some interesting reads:

-Two-thirds of homicide victims (68%) were male.
-Female victims were more likely to be killed by someone they knew. Around three-quarters of female victims knew the main suspect, compared with half (50%) of male victims.
-Just over half of female victims aged 16 or over had been killed by their partner, ex-partner or lover (54%, 94 offences)
-The most common method of killing for both male and females continues to be by sharp instrument. In 2009/10, as in each of the last eight years, male and female victims were both more likely to be killed by a sharp instrument than any other method.
-The second most common method for male murders involves hitting or kicking (113 homicides, or 27%)
-The second most common method for females murder was strangulation or asphyxiation (41 homicides, or 21%).
-There were 41 shooting homicide victims in 2009/10.
-In terms of reoffender rates, two homicide offences recorded in 2009/10 were committed by a suspect who had been convicted of a homicide on a
previous occasion.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...3/strangulation-and-domestic-violence-murders
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-9
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/23/domestic-violence-statistics_n_5959776.html
https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2011/jan/20/ukcrime-criminal-justice

We know that Marcia was fully clothed when found, and had not been sexually assaulted.
She died from blunt force trauma, and strangulation.
I'm interested in your speculations and hypothesis as to why this beautiful young woman was attacked in such a manner.

What do you think motivated the attack, and what do you think of the manner of the attack? Here are some interesting reads:

My guess- she hitched a ride with the absolutely most wrong person, who beat her (resulting in the lacerated liver). Women (and men) have been assaulted just from turning down sexual advances from violent people.

Is there any indication she might have been chased to the location where her body was found?

Honestly I really feel if the local police have a handful of suspects, they might have the right leads already.

Also hate to say it, back in the early 1980s domestic violence wasn't a public topic like it is now. Marcia might have been living with the person who killed her. If she was in literal fear for her life I'd bet she was trying to hitch her way out of the area, versus asking locals for help. Maybe he caught up to her and attempted to drag her home, but it didn't work out that way.

These are just ideas. Cases like this are why I've always picked up female hitchhikers. No woman willingly runs out to the road in a panic or in a bid to get a free ride anywhere.

Decent yes, but not decent enough to be without shoes.. The report of seeing her on the corner with no shoes :fence:

**BTW any degree below 70 to me might as well be a blizzard outside :lol:

The information about her being in a fetal position makes me think that perhaps she was transported in the trunk of a car and rigor mortis set in while she was in the trunk. JMO.

Would be even harder to carry her then! They probably know by lividity patterns and such. There's probably lots more evidence public doesn't know. Footprints? Tire tracks? If it's private there shouldn't be too much of that which was left by anyone else.

I consider other events that have occurred in our area.

1981 Marcia was dumped, weather was nice, and it was week of Easter.

1993 body of Yolanda DeBarge aka Ducky found in a culvert out side of West Milton. Same shared countryside. No suspects to this day. Interesting there was no big media coverage about her, she was Tommy DeBarge's first wife. I've read where Tommy used to pimp her out for drug money at one time.

http://fox45now.com/news/local/wall...puties-asking-for-your-help-solving-cold-case

Joe Benasutti:
1994 Woman escaped Joe at CJ Brown in Springfield, he had intended to kill her. A park ranger found her running and screaming. (cannot find article for life of me) It led to an investigation.

Detectives and a backhoe arrived at his house. Yard was dug up. They charged him with one gross abuse of a corpse. I'm more than certain there was more than one body.

He lawyered up with what is still one of the best criminal defense attorneys here.

https://www.rapsheets.org/ohio/doc-prisoner/BENASUTTI_JOSEPH/A318871

1994 Peggy Casey from Covington, KY turns up chopped up and dumped along roads in connecting counties. This was Easter weekend. Killer unknown at the time, a man later confessed that he killed her. But did he? How would he have known up here where he'd drive to dump a body?

2010 - Joe Benasutti denies killing Peggy Casey. The prosecutor was certain he is involved. Joe admits that hes only attacked 6 women.

Killers get better at what they do. Marcia could have crossed his path and was a first for him. I can't find the names of the girls from the Joe stuff. House is in same area, he lived on Shiloh, it runs off of Horseshoe Bend when you cross 48. He knows the area.

Maybe he was questioned and nothing came of it, or they never thought to go question him after the 90's discoveries.

Also, 1981 there were 2 other dumped bodies in Miami County as some mentioned before the one convicted had recently got out and is back in. The other, noone was ever convicted.

It'snot uncommon to hear "if you need to ditch a body just go to Miami Co"

I could be wrong about J.B. but I think some of the community would feel better if they could come out and say they are looking into him for Marcia and Yolanda.

I read that Momma DeBarge wrote a book and dedicated a chapter to Yolanda, she even indicated that Joe was her killer and her ID was found in his possession. I don't not know if that is true, am curious.
2bb8d6fce89d66e00a391da73d4fbd72.jpg

I consider other events that have occurred in our area.

1981 Marcia was dumped, weather was nice, and it was week of Easter.

1993 body of Yolanda DeBarge aka Ducky found in a culvert out side of West Milton. Same shared countryside. No suspects to this day. Interesting there was no big media coverage about her, she was Tommy DeBarge's first wife. I've read where Tommy used to pimp her out for drug money at one time.

http://fox45now.com/news/local/wall...puties-asking-for-your-help-solving-cold-case

Joe Benasutti:
1994 Woman escaped Joe at CJ Brown in Springfield, he had intended to kill her. A park ranger found her running and screaming. (cannot find article for life of me) It led to an investigation.

Detectives and a backhoe arrived at his house. Yard was dug up. They charged him with one gross abuse of a corpse. I'm more than certain there was more than one body.

He lawyered up with what is still one of the best criminal defense attorneys here.

https://www.rapsheets.org/ohio/doc-prisoner/BENASUTTI_JOSEPH/A318871

1994 Peggy Casey from Covington, KY turns up chopped up and dumped along roads in connecting counties. This was Easter weekend. Killer unknown at the time, a man later confessed that he killed her. But did he? How would he have known up here where he'd drive to dump a body?

2010 - Joe Benasutti denies killing Peggy Casey. The prosecutor was certain he is involved. Joe admits that hes only attacked 6 women.

Killers get better at what they do. Marcia could have crossed his path and was a first for him. I can't find the names of the girls from the Joe stuff. House is in same area, he lived on Shiloh, it runs off of Horseshoe Bend when you cross 48. He knows the area.

Maybe he was questioned and nothing came of it, or they never thought to go question him after the 90's discoveries.

Also, 1981 there were 2 other dumped bodies in Miami County as some mentioned before the one convicted had recently got out and is back in. The other, noone was ever convicted.

It'snot uncommon to hear "if you need to ditch a body just go to Miami Co"

I could be wrong about J.B. but I think some of the community would feel better if they could come out and say they are looking into him for Marcia and Yolanda.

I read that Momma DeBarge wrote a book and dedicated a chapter to Yolanda, she even indicated that Joe was her killer and her ID was found in his possession. I don't not know if that is true, am curious.
2bb8d6fce89d66e00a391da73d4fbd72.jpg

:goodpost:

Miss Prince was found murdered in Tipp City, however LE stated their was no connection to Marcia. All thou she was murdered by stragulation unsure if her killer was identified

May 20, 1981

Prince.JPG

It's been said many times they were leaning toward truckers for this. Wonder why. If the weather back that week was dry would there be tire tracks or footprints? They didn't know who she was and what family has now said. I've always considered locals but where did a local meet her. Why was she in Troy or near there unless she was dropped off there from a previous ride. I am near Dayton also and heard off and on too about dumping bodies in Miami County. Back in the day it was the most rural direction. Now Troy area is more developed.

If Marcia was an earlier victim of one of these Miami Co. guys maybe with benefit of hindsight LE will go back and look at them for the similarities. How will they ever know for sure unless they have some damning evidence we don't know about that fits just that person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase