CA - Hannah,16,Devonte,15,&Ciera Hart,12 (fnd deceased),Mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!

So maybe they were all carsick, or maybe someone wanted them on the drowsy side. :(

Help me out with the car sick part? I am not following.

As far as the benadryl, I think that makes it clear that the kids were medicated so they would be sleeping. Was Sarah medicated against her wishes?

I got a breaking news alert that was supposed to be a PC on the other family but when I opened it, they were talking about this case.

Driver had a BAC of .102 and Benadryl was found in the systems of the others.

Can’t link to the video in my app...but I found this on FB...if you go to about 2:30 the sheriff discusses it.

https://www.facebook.com/ABC7/videos/10155449983567452/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow.

Just wow.

Thanks!

So maybe they were all carsick, or maybe someone wanted them on the drowsy side. :(
I think you're thinking of Dramamine? Benadryl is an antihistamine. But they both tend to cause drowsiness.

As far as the benadryl, I think that makes it clear that the kids were medicated so they would be sleeping. Was Sarah medicated against her wishes?

Benadryl is often given for motion sickness and nausea. I have a rare connective tissue disorder and one of my symptoms is chronic nausea and vomiting. Part of my regimen for controlling the nausea is Benadryl (or hydroxyzine) twice a day. Nausea control is a side effect of the Diphenhydramine.

From WebMD: Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine used to relieve symptoms of allergy, hay fever, and the common cold. These symptoms include rash, itching, watery eyes, itchy eyes/nose/throat, cough, runny nose, and sneezing. It is also used to prevent and treat nausea, vomiting and dizziness caused by motion sickness. Diphenhydramine can also be used to help you relax and fall asleep.

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-5680/benadryl-oral/details

So.... Seatbelts. No seatbelts.

No drugs or alcohol. Alcohol!

What the heck is up with all these reports conflicting? What's even real??

I am really surprised that no one has come forward, having seen this family playing at the beach, or walking around the town of Ft Bragg during the time before the tragic incident. Where were they?

You havebeen to that area a lot. Any ideas on how they could escape detection?

I find it hard to believe 8 could sleep in the car although I have “slept” on planes in economy without putting my seat back, But I think that there is more room in the plane than the car? And since they are sibs they could rest upon each other.

How many hours in a car?

Jen could have gotten a blood clot to the heart because of prolonged sitting, but that does not answer the stop and start again with no seat belts.

Where did the children go to the bathroom?

When I was a teacher, I had the children all use the bathroom before goung somwhere even when they said they did not have to go. Bathrooms are not always available. I would think six would stand out. If there is a teen attendant at a gas station, s/he may have paid no attention

If I had to guess based on the grocery store pic I'd say JH weighed maybe 150, 160? (IDK her height.)
If I'm understanding the chart below correctly, a BAC of .102 would be between 4 and 5 beers for a woman that weight after an hour of drinking?
https://www.moderation.org/bac/bac-women.html

I think you're thinking of Dramamine? Benadryl is an antihistamine. But they both tend to cause drowsiness.
Benadryl is often given for motion sickness and nausea. I have a rare connective tissue disorder and one of my symptoms is chronic nausea and vomiting. Part of my regimen for controlling the nausea is Benadryl (or hydroxyzine) twice a day. Nausea control is a side effect of the Diphenhydramine.

From WebMD: Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine used to relieve symptoms of allergy, hay fever, and the common cold. These symptoms include rash, itching, watery eyes, itchy eyes/nose/throat, cough, runny nose, and sneezing. It is also used to prevent and treat nausea, vomiting and dizziness caused by motion sickness. Diphenhydramine can also be used to help you relax and fall asleep.

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-5680/benadryl-oral/details
Both have diphenhydramine
Thanks guys [emoji854] I learned something today!

Deputies: Jennifer Hart had BAC of .102 at time of crash

How many drinks is that?

It's really hard to say because some people metabolize alcohol quicker than others. I metabolize extremely slowly and I am not a small person.

Thanks guys [emoji854] I learned something today!

I had no idea that Benadryl did this until I was hospitalized for hyperemsis many years ago and they added Diphenhydramine to my cocktail. :)

The legal limit for blood alcohol in CA is .08. Her blood alcohol level was 13x higher than that. I think actual blood alcohol depends on the body weight/metabolism. But conservatively, and taking this as a very generic average for someone Jen's age and approximate size, it's the equivalent of 20 beers in a half hour. Blood alcohol can be highly inaccurate when measured after death, though, and given how long they were in the water, I think we should probably be skeptical about this exact number.

BBM - .102 not 1.02 which is slightly over the legal limit not over 13x, right?

The legal limit for blood alcohol in CA is .08. Her blood alcohol level was 13x higher than that. I think actual blood alcohol depends on the body weight/metabolism. But conservatively, and taking this as a very generic average for someone Jen's age and approximate size, it's the equivalent of 20 beers in a half hour. Blood alcohol can be highly inaccurate when measured after death, though, and given how long they were in the water, I think we should probably be skeptical about this exact number.

Could the BAC have been even higher at the time of the crash or did they factor in some time had already passed before they were found?

The ingredient in benadryl is also in motion sickness medicine. But I think more likely they gave benadryl to the kids to get them to sleep.

If I had to guess based on the grocery store pic I'd say JH weighed maybe 150, 160? (IDK her height.)
If I'm understanding the chart below correctly, a BAC of .102 would be between 4 and 5 beers for a woman that weight after an hour of drinking?
https://www.moderation.org/bac/bac-women.html

Thank you for posting this. The page I was looking at was way off. Will go back and delete my post with the wrong info.

Benedryl is known to be used as an over the counter " Anger control " medicine as well as used for "Anxiety", not just for allergies and motion sickness.

I also knew this from personal experience as our family believes in natural medicines instead of zombie like prescribed drugs.

For reference, towards end of article will clarify use for Benedryl. And imho, a few of the kids as well as JH could have all suffered from lack of anger control, especially from taking a look at some of their background history
https://www.psychguides.com/guides/...s-anger-management-treatment-program-options/

The ingredient in benadryl is also in motion sickness medicine. But I think more likely they gave benadryl to the kids to get them to sleep.
I tend to agree. I've known people who use Benadryl as a sleep aid sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire