Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm struggling to keep up with the names. We've got JB: local serial killer

Debarge: alleged killer, correct?
JB: Local serial killer
Recently released convict (name?)- killed Robyn

Are these correct? Any other main contenders?

Apologies, I'm exhausted!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ok, I do have Newspaper account. What are the odds of there being more than one Marcia King? I would post my clipping but it mentions other names. Whether it's her, Idk. 1980 though... Lists a name with her. Think detectives have searched this stuff?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There are TONS of others with her same name. I've looked for her in yearbooks and on genealogy sites and it's a fairly common surname and first name. Search Marcia King accounts on facebook and you will see dozens of them.

I'm struggling to keep up with the names. We've got JB: local serial killer

Debarge: alleged killer, correct?
JB: Local serial killer
Recently released convict (name?)- killed Robyn

Are these correct? Any other main contenders?

Apologies, I'm exhausted!

JB=killer
DeBarge=another body dumped in shared countryside

There are TONS of others with her same name. I've looked for her in yearbooks and on genealogy sites and it's a fairly common surname and first name. Search Marcia King accounts on facebook and you will see dozens of them.
It's in a Pittsburgh, PA newspaper. Something a Marcia King attended

Speaking of music concerts, I checked and found that the band Styx played in Louisville, Ky, Pittsburgh, Pa, and Cincinnati, Oh. in March 1981, as well as Texas and Oklahoma,(in Feb. 1981, I believe) ...Probably doesn't mean anything, but I just thought the timeline was interesting.
The combination of locations and times is intriguing.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

It's in a Pittsburgh, PA newspaper. Something a Marcia King attended

Seen the item you are talking about, do not believe it is the same MK Don't fall in the rabbit hole there is another MK in that area she will come up frequently in newspapers. Just say'n b/c I fell in that rabbit hole ...still trying to get out

Just addressing the theory that she was barely alive when left in that location. It was stated (I don't remember where) that evidence indicated she was left on Greenlee Road after being killed in a different location.

There likely were patterns of lividity indicating that her body was in two distinct positions after her blood stopped flowing. That is how they come to that conclusion.

Only because I have some crazy ideas of my own, that I'm sure won't pan out to anything, but does anyone here know when her brother passed away and how old he was?

Ok, I do have Newspaper account. What are the odds of there being more than one Marcia King? I would post my clipping but it mentions other names. Whether it's her, Idk. 1980 though... Lists a name with her. Think detectives have searched this stuff?

Whoa, Rajam! I’d probably tell LE, just in case.

Only because I have some crazy ideas of my own, that I'm sure won't pan out to anything, but does anyone here know when her brother passed away and how old he was?

We are not allowed to sleuth the family here.

Just addressing the theory that she was barely alive when left in that location. It was stated (I don't remember where) that evidence indicated she was left on Greenlee Road after being killed in a different location.

There likely were patterns of lividity indicating that her body was in two distinct positions after her blood stopped flowing. That is how they come to that conclusion.

Thank you, CarlK! I forgot about that.

Whoa, Rajam! I’d probably tell LE, just in case.

Absolutely this, don't post it here please. Forward it to the LE, just in case it is our girl in the article. The ultimate goal is not for us to know the details - but for Marcia to get justice. Especially since it's suspected that someone close to her could have allegedly been involved.

Absolutely this, don't post it here please. Forward it to the LE, just in case it is our girl in the article. The ultimate goal is not for us to know the details - but for Marcia to get justice. Especially since it's suspected that someone close to her could have allegedly been involved.
Agree, plus if it's not her, the names listed don't need to be harassed by others asking if it is.

Agree, plus if it's not her, the names listed don't need to be harassed by others asking if it is.

I can't remember if someone here or LE said based on documentation they know she was going back and forth between KY and PA?

I can't remember if someone here or LE said based on documentation they know she was going back and forth between KY and PA?

Yes, LE said Louisville KY and Pittsburgh PA are points of interest. Possibly visiting family, this is why I'm not sharing the clipped article on here. If it is her, it may be something they just learned while being in contact with the family.

Seen the item you are talking about, do not believe it is the same MK Don't fall in the rabbit hole there is another MK in that area she will come up frequently in newspapers. Just say'n b/c I fell in that rabbit hole ...still trying to get out
I saw the one that you're talking about, just need to rule out connection to the listed parties.

Any of you read the local paper link provided some pages back ? Piqua Daily Call and the Troy paper? There was an interview again with Greg Briedenbaugh who found her. He says she was laying on her right side almost in a fetal position. As if she was placed that way. Surely there were DNA traces left by whomever. But back then if they saved any initial stuff taken from her clothing I don't know. And DNA can degrade fairly quickly if not carefully stored. And her clothing was sent out for pollen analysis.

Scroll down passed the main article, there is a piece about the guy GB that found her where he says that.
‘Buckskin Girl’ identified

GB — who went on to have a long career as the chief of the LFFD — said he didn’t have a phone yet at the Greenlee residence, so he used his fire department radio to contact dispatch about the girl, who they believed to already be deceased.

“It was first believed they thought it was a car accident, and the State Highway Patrol came flying in,” GB remembered. “Then the the sheriff’s office, including detectives, soon convened on the site.”

He remembers a member of the Pleasant Hill rescue squad as the one who pronounced her dead while she remained untouched in the ditch.

“She was laying on her right side, almost in the fetal position,” GB recalled. “It was like someone just laid her in there.

“Once we found her, we kind of just stayed back from everything,” GB said.

I consider other events that have occurred in our area.

1981 Marcia was dumped, weather was nice, and it was week of Easter.

1993 body of Yolanda DeBarge aka Ducky found in a culvert out side of West Milton. Same shared countryside. No suspects to this day. Interesting there was no big media coverage about her, she was Tommy DeBarge's first wife. I've read where Tommy used to pimp her out for drug money at one time.

http://fox45now.com/news/local/wall...puties-asking-for-your-help-solving-cold-case

Joe Benasutti:
1994 Woman escaped Joe at CJ Brown in Springfield, he had intended to kill her. A park ranger found her running and screaming. (cannot find article for life of me) It led to an investigation.

Detectives and a backhoe arrived at his house. Yard was dug up. They charged him with one gross abuse of a corpse. I'm more than certain there was more than one body.

He lawyered up with what is still one of the best criminal defense attorneys here.

https://www.rapsheets.org/ohio/doc-prisoner/BENASUTTI_JOSEPH/A318871

1994 Peggy Casey from Covington, KY turns up chopped up and dumped along roads in connecting counties. This was Easter weekend. Killer unknown at the time, a man later confessed that he killed her. But did he? How would he have known up here where he'd drive to dump a body?

2010 - Joe Benasutti denies killing Peggy Casey. The prosecutor was certain he is involved. Joe admits that hes only attacked 6 women.

Killers get better at what they do. Marcia could have crossed his path and was a first for him. I can't find the names of the girls from the Joe stuff. House is in same area, he lived on Shiloh, it runs off of Horseshoe Bend when you cross 48. He knows the area.

Maybe he was questioned and nothing came of it, or they never thought to go question him after the 90's discoveries.

Also, 1981 there were 2 other dumped bodies in Miami County as some mentioned before the one convicted had recently got out and is back in. The other, noone was ever convicted.

It'snot uncommon to hear "if you need to ditch a body just go to Miami Co"

I could be wrong about J.B. but I think some of the community would feel better if they could come out and say they are looking into him for Marcia and Yolanda.

I read that Momma DeBarge wrote a book and dedicated a chapter to Yolanda, she even indicated that Joe was her killer and her ID was found in his possession. I don't not know if that is true, am curious.
2bb8d6fce89d66e00a391da73d4fbd72.jpg

Thanks. Were any similar to BG's murder where she was beaten and strangled but not raped?
I also want to add that I'm not sure if it's ever been said if she had recently had sex. LE said they're holding a lot of info private

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow