Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #17 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s madated nearly in its entirety by state law. Not federal. Some exceptions though as in children if native/ Indian descent. S we need Kansas state officials.

The change I linked to above came because people were VERY upset with how it was being done before. Healthy children happy children non-abused children taken from homes because of money basically. People lived in fear daily- everyone I knew whispered how horrible it was. It seems KS cannot find and maintain a proper balance, a good median standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, a couple quick thoughts:

This "unknown perpetrator" could be really important. I think we should discuss this.

Could EG have left Lucas home when she went to OG because she was meeting a male "friend" there?

I'm surprised at how many are saying that they don't think that JH was abusive towards Lucas or not as abusive in general. First of all, what is "more abusive"? More often? More severe? Does it matter? Secondly, everything we have heard about JH from the police reports of the domestic violence with EG, to EG's kids saying he "uses loud voices" and "bad words", him getting defensive when family members talked about it, his nonchalance about it on the news... everything shows us that JH is abusive. I'm not sure why so many think he didn't abuse Lucas, too. Of course we don't KNOW that he did, but the chances that he did when he was abusive towards everyone else, are way higher than the chances that he wasn't.

And one more point that doesn't need to be discussed because it's a sensitive topic, but I think people should really reflect on: when we're talking about "how can we prevent this from happening?", I think one thing we can do as concerned members of society, is look at society's acceptance of using violence against children at ANY level. How much easier would it be to spot, and even for the children to recognize their own abuse, if we stopped drawing subjective lines about what is an acceptable level of violence and what isn't? Again, I'm not trying to start a debate, it's just food for thought.

Yes this is exactly what I’m thinking as well. If this is determined to be the case and Lucas was actually examined by a medical provider I would think a lawsuit would follow.

what would be the basis for a suit?

Jonathan told me he got a message from Emily after she called the police on the 17th (around 6:15 p.m.) He then notified his employer, made arrangements, packed and was on the road by 8:00 p.m.

FWIW - I believe him

I tried to go back and edit my post to completely remove that paragraph because I couldn't find a link in the news. After referring to the timeline that you made, I read where he started heading home but didn't see a time that he arrived. Is there a time frame to edit posts?

I tried to go back and edit my post to completely remove that paragraph because I couldn't find a link in the news. After referring to the timeline that you made, I read where he started heading home but didn't see a time that he arrived. Is there a time frame to edit posts?

One hour.

I saw earlier discussion regarding paternity. If/when EG delivers the new baby while in jail, would a paternity test be done? I know it's kind of off topic but it's something I thought about and know nothing about this.

What about the state, you probably couldn't sue them in anyway could you?

Having lived in Wichita for over 20 years and seeing the change from one extreme to another it seems that the issue is with the goal. In the link I shared above, the spokesperson even said (paraphrasing) their goal wasn’t exactly individual child safety but to remove the blatantly disgustingly abusive adult from access to children. Prior to the change it was about quotas and bonuses (personal observation and admissions by former workers). The system needs to have children’s best interests at the core of the entire system, and that varies from child to child and family to family. All IMO

Wow. Quotas and bonuses? The lives of children and families should not be hinged upon money. :(

Am I the only one who saw something in the recent article that detailed the abuse on Lucas? It had to do with a welfare check on Lucas on VD. It is no long in the article and I see that the article was updated. Don't want to say anything further since I have nothing to quote because it was removed. Please remove this post if not allowed.

There are 2 articles, the original one and a shorter version. From the first one:

The timeline on Lucas begins on Feb. 14, 2015: Lucas' biological mother, Taylor, asked police to check on Lucas. Police contacted Hernandez and Lucas, and "noted Lucas was 'fine,'" it says.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article208704089.html
http://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article208830264.html

I asked him this morning what time he left. I didn’t see anyone asking what time he arrived. I’ll look at my messages with him during his drive. I’ll ask him, as well.

If it's allowed, maybe you can ask him when the last time he Facetimed or spoke to Lucas was, too?

I
The change I linked to above came because people were VERY upset with how it was being done before. Healthy children happy children non-abused children taken from homes because of money basically. People lived in fear daily- everyone I knew whispered how horrible it was. It seems KS cannot find and maintain a proper balance, a good median standard.

This "unknown perpetrator" could be really important. I think we should discuss this.

Could EG have left Lucas home when she went to OG because she was meeting a male "friend" there?

I'm surprised at how many are saying that they don't think that JH was abusive towards Lucas or not as abusive in general. First of all, what is "more abusive"? More often? More severe? Does it matter? Secondly, everything we have heard about JH from the police reports of the domestic violence with EG, to EG's kids saying he "uses loud voices" and "bad words", him getting defensive when family members talked about it, his nonchalance about it on the news... everything shows us that JH is abusive. I'm not sure why so many think he didn't abuse Lucas, too. Of course we don't KNOW that he did, but the chances that he did when he was abusive towards everyone else, are way higher than the chances that he wasn't.

And one more point that doesn't need to be discussed because it's a sensitive topic, but I think people should really reflect on: when we're talking about "how can we prevent this from happening?", I think one thing we can do as concerned members of society, is look at society's acceptance of using violence against children at ANY level. How much easier would it be to spot, and even for the children to recognize their own abuse, if we stopped drawing subjective lines about what is an acceptable level of violence and what isn't? Again, I'm not trying to start a debate, it's just food for thought.

There is an attorney in Seattle that sued Alaska. I know of a very few suits over child protection. It has to be a pretty egregious case and one would have to find an exceptionally talented attorney.

The state has staff attorneys who’s get paid regardless.

Possible but not probable.

And I have no affection for a system that allows harm to a child

Jonathan told me he got back to Wichita around 6:00 a.m. on the 18th. WPD had him come to the station once he arrived. He was there for about 10 hours. They gave him one slice of cold pizza at 2:00 p.m.

Thanks for the insight. I was just curious, I know you don't hear much of it. But things need to change, they have to be held accountable for what they didn't do. It is their job to keep children safe and they failed miserably. Now here we are with a missing child who was horribly abused. I'm afraid to ask what is it going to take? More children? I sure hope not, the state should of done something!

I wonder who the "unknown perpetrator" was?

May 16, 2017: DCF, the Kansas child protection agency, received the first of two reports of suspected abuse involving Lucas. Glass and an “unknown perpetrator” were suspected. The boy reportedly had bruising in the shape of a hand on his left arm, bruising on his left cheek and on his bottom.

From: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article208704089.html

Good question

I t

Thanks for the insight. I was just curious, I know you don't hear much of it. But things need to change, they have to be held accountable for what they didn't do. It is their job to keep children safe and they failed miserably. Now here we are with a missing child who was horribly abused. I'm afraid to ask what is it going to take? More children? I sure hope not, the state should of done something!

I saw earlier discussion regarding paternity. If/when EG delivers the new baby while in jail, would a paternity test be done? I know it's kind of off topic but it's something I thought about and know nothing about this.

I think they very well could because that baby can’t stay with her. Excellent question I’ll do research.

I asked him this morning what time he left. I didn’t see anyone asking what time he arrived. I’ll look at my messages with him during his drive. I’ll ask him, as well.

If it's allowed, maybe you can ask him when the last time he Facetimed or spoke to Lucas was, too?

Maybe you can please ask him why he kept this woman around his son when it was evident she was abusing him? (Sorry, being snarky)

Sitting on my hands.

Eta: It doesn't make any difference any way. Lucas is gone. /$^#&

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members