Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure about the finacial aspects. I just know the house and shop were built at the same time. The shop does have central air and heat.

I think the blood made them suspect foul play. All the early reports said they feared he may have been harmed. That would give them the right to ping.

Except Sheriff Meeks said "As soon as Becca called and said MC was missing, the dispatcher pinged his phone and it pinged in the area of 2 mile bridge. They did not ping it after they had searched awhile or found the blood. He says they pinged it "as soon as Becca called 911".

If that's the case, every jealous husband/wife would be calling 911 just to get the dispatcher to ping the phone and find them!

There HAS to be protocol met and info collected before LE can try to locate someone from their cell phone. It's called invasion of privacy.

Trust me, I LOVE LE. I have family in LE....I'm not trying to bash them, just trying to understand HOW this could happen and I'm not buying it myself.

Except Sheriff Meeks said "As soon as Becca called and said MC was missing, the dispatcher pinged his phone and it pinged in the area of 2 mile bridge. They did not ping it after they had searched awhile or found the blood. He says they pinged it "as soon as Becca called 911".

If that's the case, every jealous husband/wife would be calling 911 just to get the dispatcher to ping the phone and find them!

There HAS to be protocol met and info collected before LE can try to locate someone from their cell phone. It's called invasion of privacy.

Trust me, I LOVE LE. I have family in LE....I'm not trying to bash them, just trying to understand HOW this could happen and I'm not buying it myself.

Well...it stands to reason that BC asked their dear family friend for help. Maybe he decided to 'bend the rules' a bit? I'll guess that kind of thing happens more than one would assume.

Just one more quick question and I will shut up about the pinging. When BC called 911 did the call go to a 911 call center or the sheriff's department? It might make a difference. I was under the impression the call came to the sheriff's office through 911. I will stop now and not agonize over it tonight, but I'm sure I will sleep fitfully until I figure this out! Goodnight all.

It’s HCSO. They obviously have their own protocol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Im not sure about the finacial aspects. I just know the house and shop were built at the same time. The shop does have central air and heat.
Do you have any opinion re what may have happened to MC?

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Oh, cchambers. I can sincerely only imagine the amount of emotions yall are going through! How are yall after this last big..... mess.... of information? Are yall feeling there is any truth to it or are you as dumbfounded as we are? <3

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I also want to add...... is there anything we can do to help??? We are here and itching for a to do list!

I also want to add...... is there anything we can do to help??? We are here and itching for a to do list!

Yes I just signed a petition for the Texas rangers to investigate. I found the link online. I will search for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RM states in his facebook live interview that the dispatcher pinged MC's phone right when they got the 911 call he was missing and it was in the vicinity of the 2 mile bridge. He pretty much stated it as fact, so we are all wondering why he didn't go immediately in that area and search. That is the stuff the Sheriff is throwing out that is not making good sense to anyone with half a brain. Why search around the house if the dispatcher pinged his phone close to 2 mile bridge?

Gotcha. I guess I was thinking more along the lines that yes, they got that ping off that particular cell tower nearest the bridge early on, but that it was possible MC's phone could have pinged that tower from a place nearer his home, or even at his home, depending. I also remember the VI ( I think, but I do remember some discussion here) saying MC's phone showing that location could have been from much earlier in the day and that it was just showing up as MC's last ping location.

I'm terrible at "talking" about cell phone tech issues, and even worse at understanding them. I must add, though, that that discussion here and with our VI occurred early on, when the much more detailed data analysis hadn't been done. Thus, the initial search area. It wasn't all that long afterwards the lake shoreline was searched, but I can't recall the timeline.

So happy to see you back here CChambers!!! Thank you for even coming back- I know I personally truly appreciate your insight! I too, am curious how you feel about the new theory from Meeks? Hope you stick around with us. Sending much love your way as well as the rest of MC’s family and friends.

Does anyone know where MC and BC lived when the kids were little?

Does BC have children born before her marriage to MC?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

So the garage was built right before
he retired in 2008. What do you suppose the $180,000 was for? A refinance maybe? A consolidation of debts? It looked like a 15 year loan.
What are your thoughts?

The house and shop were built at around the same time. The shop has a half bathroom. Meaning stand up shower, sink and toilet.

Thank you for returning, cchambers18 and for your input. After seeing your post above, I went back and looked at the Chambers' property records again, and I absolutely stand corrected: I see that the house and shop were both built in 2006. I am so sorry for any confusion my previous post may have caused.

Now I see that:

1. July, 2000: A Deed of Trust is signed (The C's purchase a 10.43 acre lot located at 7086 FM 2101 QUINLAN).
Amount: $35,000.00
Maturity Date: "As Provided in Said Note"

2. July, 2000: A Mechanic Lien Contract is signed.

Looking at this document more closely today, under "Construction," it says this:
"Certain repairs, additions and improvements to the Property. Physical movement of that certain Manufactured Home, Serial Number [blank] and [blank], and attachment of said Manufactured Home to the Property."

Amount: $101,400.00

3. Sep., 2000: A Deed of Trust is signed.
Amount: $139,469.00

Under "Renewal and Extension Addendum to the Deed of Trust," it says:
"A portion of the note renews and extends the balances of $136,400.00 principal and interest that Grantor owes on two prior notes" [i.e., 1. and 2. above]

Maturity Date: Oct. 1, 2030

4. May, 2003: A Deed of Trust is signed.
Amount: $136,688.00

Under "Renewal and Extension Addendum," it says:
"The note secured by this security instrument is given in renewal and extension but not in extinguishment of the amount left owing and unpaid by borrower upon that one certain promissory note in the original sum of $139,469.00." [i.e., 3. above]

Maturity Date: June 1, 2033

5. July, 2004: A Deed of Trust is signed.
Amount: $138,040.00

Under "Renewal and Extension Exhibit," it says:
"The Note secured hereby is in renewal and extension but not in extinguishment of that indebtedness, whether one or more, described as follows:

Deed of Trust from Michael G. Chambers and Rebecca L. Chambers [...], dated May 1, 2003 [...], securing a Promissory Note in the original sum of $136,688.00 [...]." [i.e., 4. above]

Maturity Date: August 1, 2034

6. May, 2006: A Mechanic's Lien Contract is signed.

Under "Construction," it says:
"Certain construction upon and improvements to the herein described property."

Amount: $163,500.00

[Observation: The document says the owners' mailing address is "1230 Stanford, Greenville, TX." Per the other Mechanic's Lien Contract (the one signed in July, 2000), I would have thought they would have been living in the manufactured home on their lot in Quinlan ....]

7. May, 2006: A Deed of Trust is signed.
Amount: $184,800.00

According to the "Renewal and Extension Exhibit":
"The note renews and extends the balance of 21,300.00 that Grantor owes on a prior note in the original principal amount of 138,040.00 which is dated 7/26/04 ....

[...]

The note renews and extends the balance of 163,500.00 that Grantor owes on a prior note in the original principal amount of 184,800.00 which is dated 5/19//06 ...." [i.e., 5. and 6. above]

Maturity Date: March 1, 2037

8. Feb., 2007: A Loan Modification Agreement ("Providing for Fixed Interest Rate") is signed.

"Yearly Rate": 6.375%

Since I wasn't familiar with loan modifications, I did a little research, and here is what I found:

"Loan Modification vs. Refinancing"
"Understanding the differences
A refinance replaces the existing mortgage with a new loan with a lower rate, and/or more favorable terms, such as a fixed rate loan versus an adjustable one. It is a more permanent solution than most loan modifications, and usually offers greater advantages.

A loan modification is an adjustment to the terms of the borrower’s existing loan, often for a short period of time to help the borrower get back on their financial feet, but the original loan is still in place. It’s the option borrowers tend to turn to if they cannot refinance their existing mortgage.

To qualify for a refinancing, borrowers need to have good credit. Credit report blemishes such as recent late mortgage payments (past 12-24 months) will disqualify most borrowers from being able to refinance, making them a better fit for a loan modification.

In the case of a refinance, borrowers can shop for different lenders and search for the best rates and terms. In a loan modification, the original lender is doing the modifying, and borrower would work only with them."
https://www.mortgageloan.com/mortgage-loan-modification/refinancing

All BBM

I still have to go back and look at the documents from 2009 to 2014 (most recent transaction), but I am starting to think that maybe they were having some financial difficulties, at least around 2006.

I am trying to find our VI's post about the fire also but so far to no avail. I will keep trying, though ;) (by the way, cchambers18, do you know anything about it?).

Source: https://hunttx-recorder.tylerhost.net/web/

Thank you for returning, cchambers18 and for your input. After seeing your post above, I went back and looked at the Chambers' property records again, and I absolutely stand corrected: I see that the house and shop were both built in 2006. I am so sorry for any confusion my previous post may have caused.

Now I see that:

1. July, 2000: A Deed of Trust is signed (The C's purchase a 10.43 acre lot located at 7086 FM 2101 QUINLAN).
Amount: $35,000.00

2. July, 2000: A Mechanic Lien Contract is signed.

Looking at this document more closely today, under "Construction," it says this:
"Certain repairs, additions and improvements to the Property. Physical movement of that certain Manufactured Home, Serial Number [blank] and [blank], and attachment of said Manufactured Home to the Property."

Amount: $101,400.00

3. Sep., 2000: A Deed of Trust is signed.
Amount: $139,469.00

Under "Renewal and Extension Addendum to the Deed of Trust," it says:
"A portion of the note renews and extends the balances of $136,400.00 principal and interest that Grantor owes on two prior notes" [i.e., 1. and 2. above]

Maturity Date: Oct. 1, 2030

4. May, 2003: A Deed of Trust is signed.
Amount: $136,688.00

Under "Renewal and Extension Addendum," it says:
"The note secured by this security instrument is given in renewal and extension but not in extinguishment of the amount left owing and unpaid by borrower upon that one certain promissory note in the original sum of $139,469.00." [i.e., 3. above]

Maturity Date: June 1, 2033

5. July, 2004: A Deed of Trust is signed.
Amount: $138,040.00

Under "Renewal and Extension Exhibit," it says:
"The Note secured hereby is in renewal and extension but not in extinguishment of that indebtedness, whether one or more, described as follows:

Deed of Trust from Michael G. Chambers and Rebecca L. Chambers [...], dated May 1, 2003 [...], securing a Promissory Note in the original sum of $136,688.00 [...]." [i.e., 4. above]

Maturity Date: August 1, 2034

6. May, 2006: A Mechanic's Lien Contract is signed.

Under "Construction," it says:
"Certain construction upon and improvements to the herein described property."

Amount: $163,500.00

[Observation: The document says the owners' mailing address is "1230 Stanford, Greenville, TX." Per the other Mechanic's Lien Contract (the one signed in July, 2000), I would have thought they would have been living in the manufactured home on their lot in Quinlan ....]

7. May, 2006: A Deed of Trust is signed.

According to the "Renewal and Extension Exhibit":
"The note renews and extends the balance of 21,300.00 that Grantor owes on a prior note in the original principal amount of 138,040.00 which is dated 7/26/04 ....

[...]

The note renews and extends the balance of 163,500.00 that Grantor owes on a prior note in the original principal amount of 184,800.00 which is dated 5/19//06 ...." [i.e., 5. and 6. above]

8. Feb., 2007: A Loan Modification Agreement ("Providing for Fixed Interest Rate") is signed.

"Yearly Rate": 6.375%

Since I wasn't familiar with loan modifications, I did a little research, and here is what I found:

"Loan Modification vs. Refinancing"
"Understanding the differences
A refinance replaces the existing mortgage with a new loan with a lower rate, and/or more favorable terms, such as a fixed rate loan versus an adjustable one. It is a more permanent solution than most loan modifications, and usually offers greater advantages.

A loan modification is an adjustment to the terms of the borrower’s existing loan, often for a short period of time to help the borrower get back on their financial feet, but the original loan is still in place. It’s the option borrowers tend to turn to if they cannot refinance their existing mortgage.

To qualify for a refinancing, borrowers need to have good credit. Credit report blemishes such as recent late mortgage payments (past 12-24 months) will disqualify most borrowers from being able to refinance, making them a better fit for a loan modification.

In the case of a refinance, borrowers can shop for different lenders and search for the best rates and terms. In a loan modification, the original lender is doing the modifying, and borrower would work only with them."
https://www.mortgageloan.com/mortgage-loan-modification/refinancing

All BBM

I still have to go back and look at the documents from 2009 to 2014 (most recent transaction), but I am starting to think that maybe they were having some financial difficulties, at least around 2006.

I am trying to find our VI's post about the fire also but so far to no avail. I will keep trying, though ;) (by the way, cchambers18, do you know anything about it?).

Source: https://hunttx-recorder.tylerhost.net/web/

I believe the mobile home is what burned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member