CA - Hannah,16,Devonte,15,&Ciera Hart,12 (fnd deceased),Mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you bluesneakers for the Dr Oz heads up. I caught part of it.
Thursday March 15 Devonte came over and asked for tortillas, the DeKalb's gave him a package.
Friday night 3/16 he came over and asked for a jar of peanut butter.
Then it escalated to him asking for 6 jars of peanut butter and 6 packages of tortillas. :(
The last night he came over was when Devonte asked if they'd called yet. When they shut the door after that visit they decided it was time to call authorities.
(So approximately a week after he first asked for food is when they called CPS.)
They said when Devonte came over he never came inside, he would be at the door briefly, nervous, watching the driveway, and leave.

The DeKalbs said what they saw of the Harts was nothing like the what has been portrayed on SM. Kids didn't play outside, they'd have a snowstorm, there was no sledding, nothing.
They also said when the story broke on the Turpins they both watched it and Dana said 'that's what's going on next door'.
She did say she regrets not calling sooner.

Thursday March 15 Devonte came over and asked for tortillas, the DeKalb's gave him a package.
Then it escalated to him asking for 6 jars of peanut butter and 6 packages of tortillas. :(
The last night he came over was when Devonte asked if they'd called yet. When they shut the door after that visit they decided it was time to call authorities.
(So approximately a week after he first asked for food is when they called CPS.)
They said when Devonte came over he never came inside, he would be at the door briefly, nervous, watching the driveway, and leave.

The DeKalbs said what they saw of the Harts was nothing like the what has been portrayed on SM. Kids didn't play outside, they'd have a snowstorm, there was no sledding, nothing.
They also said when the story broke on the Turpins they both watched it and Dana said 'that's what's going on next door'.

For some reason when he said there'd been a snowstorm and the kids didn't go outside it made me so sad. Imagine telling six kids they can't go out and play in the snow or go sledding or have snowball fights. It's cruel.

For some reason when he said there'd been a snowstorm and the kids didn't go outside it made me so sad. Imagine telling six kids they can't go out and play in the snow or go sledding or have snowball fights. It's cruel.
I know, it was very difficult hearing that. The first image that popped in my mind was the picture of the boys with the hot chocolate. It was posed. It was all BS, all of it, they were kept in the house like prisoners.

As of tue 4/17/18 it is still unsafe for the divers to enter the water. The two remaining children are partally skeletionized by now and are not going to float in with the tide. They have sunk to the bottom of the ocean and will have to be recovered by divers.:loveyou:

I'm really beginning to wonder about the asking for food. Was the going to the neighbors as much about trying to ask for help -without actually asking for it- (in the form of professional help -i.e. CPS)? As much as he was afraid that the children would be split up, maybe he was very torn and hoping that the neighbors would call CPS, realizing on some level that as bad as splitting up could be, they needed help.

As of tue 4/17/18 it is still unsafe for the divers to enter the water. The two remaining children are partally skeletionized by now and are not going to float in with the tide. They have sunk to the bottom of the ocean and will have to be recovered by divers.:loveyou:

Where is this coming from? Who said the two remaining children are in the water?

I'm really beginning to wonder about the asking for food. Was the going to the neighbors as much about trying to ask for help -without actually asking for it- (in the form of professional help -i.e. CPS)? As much as he was afraid that the children would be split up, maybe he was very torn and hoping that the neighbors would call CPS, realizing on some level that as bad as splitting up could be, they needed help.

Devonte initially told Dana not to call the cops. That they'd be split up. (They relayed his concern didn't seem to be split from the parents, but from the other siblings.) She told him not necessarily. I think that's the point she asked him a series of questions as posted by bluesneakers above. After a week of his visits, the escalation in food requests, and him asking 'did you call yet', that's when they called authorities.

Right?! Partially skeletonized by now?! Says who?!

MOO*
Well facts would tell you that in water bodies can decompose faster but not that fast. Maybe with the help of predators anyway the approximate time frame where a body in water becomes skeletal or partial skeletal is around the 30 day or one month time frame. So while thats close this tome frame would be where they are more likely to be seen floating due bodies natural gasses if they were under water theyd float up. I think who ever is out there searching should pay special attention to the rock areas as they are more likely to stop the body from going any further.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Well facts would tell you that in water bodies can decompose faster but not that fast. Maybe with the help of predators anyway the approximate time frame where a body in water becomes skeletal or partial skeletal is around the 30 day or one month time frame. So while thats close this tome frame would be where they are more likely to be seen floating due bodies natural gasses if they were under water theyd float up. I think who ever is out there searching should pay special attention to the rock areas as they are more likely to stop the body from going any further.

Nice of you to elaborate. I'm wondering where the link to this update is because the OP's post was very specific.

MOO*

I knew in my bones that the body that washed up was Sierra's. I just can't shake the feeling that Devonte and Hannah were not in the car - that they were left someplace else. I read upthread that they had taken a route that took them an hour and a half out of their way - that's where I would be searching for Devonte and Hannah. I've been holding out hope the two of them are still alive but the more that time passes with no sighting of them the harder it is to hold onto that hope.

According to the Mendocino Sheriff's Office, the legal spelling of the newly indentified Hart victim is Ciera.
Apparently J&S never changed her name to Sierra legally.

RIP sweet child. :rose:

This is so aggravating! Hopefully, more information will come of the Oz Interview. We have heard so many times that Devonte claimed that the children were being "abused" to the neighbors. Really? Didn't they ask....HOW? (Hopefully they did, and we just haven't heard about this, but wouldn't that be one of the first things you'd be telling people? "When he acknowledged being abused, I asked if his parents hit him and he said 'yes, with a belt on the back' or 'no, but they yell at me a lot'".)

Abuse can be emotional, it can consist of severe spanking, it can be horrific -there is such a gradation, as well as perception, especially on the part of children. I can't believe that neighbors would ask about abuse, receive a positive answer, then not follow up. Hopefully, we'll find out soon...

I know with my own self when I find out something startling, my mind goes into freak,out and trying to absorb. It is only later that I figure out what I should have done or said.

The neighbors are not used to reporting or seeing abuse so I am sure it is a first time.

I was a mandated reporter and I think of things I saw out in public that I should have reported but it was out of context of work, so I was not thinking the same.

For example, I was in a different state eating at a restaurant and a father was haranguing his two little daughters. I told them that their father should not talk to them like that. I should have called it in because he may have had other reports on him, but I didn’t. It has bothered me forever.

He told me to,**** the eff up and mind my own effing business. But not eff . F

The big question now is where are Hannah and Devonte? Are they dead or alive? People dsagree thinking either that they did run away or that they were killed prior. But one thing I think we all agree on is hoe strange it is that it just so happened that the only two bodies not found were hannah and devonte.

That's one of the reasons that I believe Jen and Sarah were not extremely afraid that the kids would be taken away. I believe that they were aware that the kids would not be snatched away from them immediately. Jen and Sarah were probably more upset over feeling betrayed by the children.

If they were not extremely afraid that the kids would be taken away, then why did they not just answer the door when CPS knocked? Why did they take off in the middle of the night and drive into the ocean?

As many have already pointed out, it seems more than coincidental that the two still missing are the ones who went to the neighbors for help. Does anyone remember enough statistics to figure out what number of possible combinations there are for 6 out of 8 being found?

As many have already pointed out, it seems more than coincidental that the two still missing are the ones who went to the neighbors for help. Does anyone remember enough statistics to figure out what number of possible combinations there are for 6 out of 8 being found?

Great question...but I can't do math lol. Where's my crazy-smart autistic co-worker when I need him?
ETA: Thanks, bluesneakers!!! I'm calling you for all math-related questions in my world, now :)

Odds are one in 64 that any specific pair would be missing from the group.

I agree. It can be super intimidating and scary making a report. I remember when I made my first one--a little boy in my class very adamantly told me that his mother "does too hit me!" My evil co-teacher told me I shouldn't have called and that he hoped when I had kids something "like that" happened to me. a) If my kids said that I'd expect a CPS report and visit and, b) my child was killed by his own dad, so I'd already had "something like that happen to me." Jerk. Anyway, it can be scary! But we have to do it--I can't imagine the guilt and remorse and horror the neighbors are feeling now. When in doubt, call and ask to speak with a CPS screener anonymously.

I know with my own self when I find out something startling, my mind goes into freak,out and trying to absorb. It is only later that I figure out what I should have done or said.

The neighbors are not used to reporting or seeing abuse so I am sure it is a first time.

I was a mandated reporter and I think of things I saw out in public that I should have reported but it was out of context of work, so I was not thinking the same.

For example, I was in a different state eating at a restaurant and a father was haranguing his two little daughters. I told them that their father should not talk to them like that. I should have called it in because he may have had other reports on him, but I didn’t. It has bothered me forever.

He told me to,**** the eff up and mind my own effing business. But not eff . F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member