UT UT - Marlene Pichcuskie , 34, Salt Lake City, 24 June 1986

I found a photo Marlene Bradshaw Olympus 1968 she was a sophomore. are we sure her maiden name was Bradshaw

I found a photo Marlene Bradshaw Olympus 1968 she was a sophomore. are we sure her maiden name was Bradshaw

I am 99% sure it is her due to the marriage record I found (and also the findagrave memorial with the gravestone without a death date-- yet she is listed as deceased by family obituaries while she does not have a death record anywhere).
Do you have Ancestry.com access? For some reason the record is only on Ancestry, not on Family search. Here is the link to her marriage record on Ancestry for anyone who can view it:
https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin...sePUB=true&_phsrc=vBt1&_phstart=successSource

If there is any doubt, perhaps you could send the photo and information of how her maiden name was found straight to the investigators?

Ok Gotcha Gardener, you know I tend to get gun shy on photos when I do not have actual proof it is the MP in question ...

Marlene Bradshaw
Olympus High School - Salt Lake City, UT

Sophomore 1968
Marlene Bradshaw Puchuski - 1968.JPG

Ok Gotcha Gardener, you know I tend to get gun shy on photos when I do not have actual proof it is the MP in question ...

Marlene Bradshaw

Sophomore 1968
attachment.php

Thank you Folie!
I was second guessing it for a minute, but I mean, how many Marlene Pichcuskie's could there have been in Salt Lake City in 1986 who were also about 34 years old at the time? I only found the one in records. And only one Marlene Bradshaw in SLC too (who hardly has any mention at all in records). So by process of elimination the Marlene Bradshaw who married DB Pichcuskie in SLC in 1985 has to be her. I can't say 100% because the marriage record doesn't list her parents and the missing report doesn't give her maiden name, but I'll be stunned if it's not her.

Concur with AlKa the last name spelling Puchuskie seems a miss ...

Now if only we could find out more about Marlene's missing person's case. All we know from NAMUS is that she was reported missing by her husband. Nothing else. I wonder if she was reported on the same day she disappeared or if he could have waited a certain amount of time? How firm is her missing date? Did others see her on June 24th or is that just the day she was reported missing? :thinking:

ETA: I forgot about the info in the 2nd post AL Ka found about her husband was traveling on a business trip to Colorado, came home and said she was gone. That detail possibly makes her missing date fuzzy, because we don't know how long he was traveling and if anyone else saw her while he was gone. JMO.

Marlene Bradshaw

Sophomore 1968
View attachment 133020

Wow, Thank You Folie!

I do not know US system so no idea about freshmen, sophomore etc even though I hear it often. How old would that make her then?

Marlene in the photo does have striking resemblance to deceased sister in 2013 obituary. Prominent nose and forehead.

Just to add, missing Marlene middle name starts with an A. Hope that might help with confirmation of the photo.

Wow, Thank You Folie!

I do not know US system so no idea about freshmen, sophomore etc even though I hear it often. How old would that make her then?

Marlene in the photo does have striking resemblance to deceased sister in 2013 obituary. Prominent nose and forehead.

Just to add, missing Marlene middle name starts with an A. Hope that might help with confirmation of the photo.

Most US High Schools are grades/years 9 through12. The approx. ages are:

Freshman = 9th grade = 14 or 15 years old
Sophomore = 10th grade = 15 or 16 year old
Junior = 11th grade = 16 or 17 years old
Senior = 12th grade = 17 or 18 years old

US usage can get confusing, however, as we also use the terms Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior for university students going to 4 year college programs (and they could be any age after High School).

I had a cousin that lived just off of Gundersen Lane, though 1900 doesn't come up on Google. Here's a link to that street. https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6811803,-111.8388476,18.25z?hl=en

Maybe a misspelling of the street name and address, 1900 E would be the general area? High Schools in that area were Olympus or maybe Granite.

edit: oops looks like I missed page two and Olympus was found ;)
edit2: When I went to Olympus it was grades 10-12 but that was a decade later than Marlene.

Most US High Schools are grades/years 9 through12. The approx. ages are:

Freshman = 9th grade = 14 or 15 years old
Sophomore = 10th grade = 15 or 16 year old
Junior = 11th grade = 16 or 17 years old
Senior = 12th grade = 17 or 18 years old

US usage can get confusing, however, as we also use the terms Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior for university students going to 4 year college programs (and they could be any age after High School).

Thank you Gardener for explaining, I always wanted to look it up.

So if Marlene was sophomore in 1968, she would be junior in 1969 and senior/graduating in 1970 when she would have been around 18. That all would match up with all the details we have found so far on her.

So the photo of her is when she was 16 years old and one year after car accident (in 1967) and 18 years before her disappearance in 1986.

Thank you Gardener for explaining, I always wanted to look it up.

So if Marlene was sophomore in 1968, she would be junior in 1969 and senior/graduating in 1970 when she would have been around 18. That all would match up with all the details we have found so far on her.

So the photo of her is when she was 16 years old and one year after car accident (in 1967) and 18 years before her disappearance in 1986.

Yes, that is all correct. It would be better if we had pictures of her at 34 but this is better than no picture. What I think it great about finding yearbook photos is that the bone structure of someone's face usually does not change. Unless they have major cosmetic surgery. It can help to see the younger picture to see the shape of their chin, nose, spacing of eyes, etc. We can use this to try to figure out if she could be a Jane Doe somewhere.

Marlene reminds me of LPJD, but her missing date is after LPJD was found. Still, I wonder if it is possible-- how long was her husband's business trip? LPJD was found June 19, 1986. Marlene was in a car accident with "possible back injuries" and LPJD had many old healed scars and a hip fracture-- it was theorized that she may have been in a car accident. I find myself wondering if Marlene's back injury was actually a hip fracture. The newspaper was not very specific about her injuries. NAMUS also says Marlene had a scar on her left cheek. Was the scar on her check from the car accident or a more recent injury before she went missing? I don't see a scar in the yearbook photo but it might be hidden by her hair or good makeup. LPJD's thread for anyone not familiar: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?33106-LA-Slidell-WhtFem-16UFLA-20-30-Breast-Implants-Pregnant-Jun-86

Unfortunately the timeline and geography is hard to overcome (UT is 27 hours drive from LA). I will keep an eye out for other JD's with injuries consistent with a car accident that look like Marlene. Hope we can learn more about the circumstances of Marlene's disappearance.

Marlene reminds me of LPJD, but her missing date is after LPJD was found. Still, I wonder if it is possible-- how long was her husband's business trip? LPJD was found June 19, 1986. Marlene was in a car accident with "possible back injuries" and LPJD had many old healed scars and a hip fracture-- it was theorized that she may have been in a car accident. I find myself wondering if Marlene's back injury was actually a hip fracture. The newspaper was not very specific about her injuries. NAMUS also says Marlene had a scar on her left cheek. Was the scar on her check from the car accident or a more recent injury before she went missing? I don't see a scar in the yearbook photo but it might be hidden by her hair or good makeup. LPJD's thread for anyone not familiar: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?33106-LA-Slidell-WhtFem-16UFLA-20-30-Breast-Implants-Pregnant-Jun-86

Unfortunately the timeline and geography is hard to overcome (UT is 27 hours drive from LA). I will keep an eye out for other JD's with injuries consistent with a car accident that look like Marlene. Hope we can learn more about the circumstances of Marlene's disappearance.

I saw LPJD in folie's signature and thought the same thing! But I agree the timing is off and the geography too.

I saw LPJD in folie's signature and thought the same thing! But I agree the timing is off and the geography too.

Lol .... I took a hard 2nd look at her ... actually still looking at going hmm....:thinking: lol

Yes, that is all correct. It would be better if we had pictures of her at 34 but this is better than no picture. What I think it great about finding yearbook photos is that the bone structure of someone's face usually does not change. Unless they have major cosmetic surgery. It can help to see the younger picture to see the shape of their chin, nose, spacing of eyes, etc. We can use this to try to figure out if she could be a Jane Doe somewhere.

I completely agree with everything what you say. There are million cases without photo so finding one especially in older case is quite a big deal. (Thank You Folie once again!) I was more stating years for my own recollection in the future and also how many years older I should imagine her.

Gardener1850 said:

Newspaper article had some errors and also 2 of the girls names were mispelled. (I noticed when I searched for their high school as it was probable they could all known each other and Marlene from school.) There were also some little different information in other news article so real truth might have been somewhere inbetween. I would not rule out that she had different or some other extra injuries.

LPJane Doe does seem to me as domestic violence victim. I do not know that case well but sign of marks of wedding ring on her finger and concealed face do point that way.

Marlene's case is all vague so far. I would not dismiss possibility that she was missing earlier or later than stated date, June 24. We should not be pointed finger when nothing is known so far, but hubbies are in general primary suspects. Also going on business trip is good way to take "missing" person much further a field. Not sure though about 27 hours further away.

On other thought it is also not confirmed that Marlene went missing in Salt Lake City even though she originally came from there or maybe usually lived there. There are quite a few cases where location is vague, not known or not given. Also NamUs always list missing person in the state where they usually reside and not where they went missing while on trip, holiday etc. (E.g Cathleen Martin - from NJ missing in Florida - listed in NJ. Britanee Drexel from NY missing in Myrtle Beach SC listed in NY database etc). So based on this and almost no information in Marlene's case I would also not rule out different location yet.

Little note - Marlene's hair in Namus is stated as curly. I wonder if she had a perm.
Also being 34 and freshly married, baby on the way would not be surprising.

Of course all above are just my thoughts, not facts...

I do wish we had a photo of Marlene closer to her disappearance

Utah DPS has an additional surname of Cummings and shows a 2 year age difference, undoubtedly that was wrong as that she was 34 at the time of disappearance according to her birth date.

Utah Department of Public Safety - https://bci.utah.gov/2015/03/26/marlene-pichuskie/

Missing Since: 6/24/1986
DOB: 4/18/1952
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 110
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green
Race: White

MISSING ENDANGERED: Marlene has been missing since June 1986. She has a scar on her left cheek, curly hair and has used the name Marlene Cummings. Dental is available.

Utah DPS has an additional surname of Cummings and shows a 2 year age difference, undoubtedly that was wrong as that she was 34 at the time of disappearance according to her birth date.

Utah Department of Public Safety - https://bci.utah.gov/2015/03/26/marlene-pichuskie/

Missing Since: 6/24/1986
DOB: 4/18/1952
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 110
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green
Race: White

MISSING ENDANGERED: Marlene has been missing since June 1986. She has a scar on her left cheek, curly hair and has used the name Marlene Cummings. Dental is available.

Cummings was a previous married name. I found their marriage record on Ancestry.com

Marlene Ann Bradshaw married RV Cummings 26 Jan 1973 in Salt Lake, UT.

Link to the record for anyone with an Ancestry account: https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv=1&dbid=60965&h=655094&tid=&pid=&usePUB=true&_phsrc=isS294&_phstart=successSource

I did not find a divorce record but when she married again she had gone back to her maiden name Bradshaw. Perhaps the first marriage did not last long (JMO).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back