Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I
I meant to ask. I've read and heard at the press conference that the family is considering replacing the headstone with one with Marcia's name on it. Does that mean they don't plan on moving her remains to a family plot or cemetery closer to them? Is that anyone else's take on it?

Yes, that would be mine as well.

I think in a country the size of the US in a sense it wouldn't matter where she was buried because sooner or later it would become the wrong place. I'm guessing her mother must be in her 80s by now and probably doesn't have too many years left. Her brother is probably a few years older or younger than Marcia and approaching the age, depending on where he currently lives, when he might be considering retiring to the sun. What good would it do to rebury her in, say, Arkansas or wherever if her brother retires to Florida in the next 5 years?

And if she is disinterred for cremation what do you do with ashes? Bury them somewhere where they too are going to be left behind in time, or cart them around with you forevermore? And what when you in turn die? What then?

This could get extremely expensive. Just to open a grave is costly. Also a funeral director must be present. Then in some states you need a permit. Then you may need new casket. You can't transport casket in nasty condition there will be regulations pertaining to that. Seems likely after almost 40 yrs. Then what condition are the remains depending on how they bury their Doe's. Any additional cost for handling remains. Then cost of transport and handling remains is expensive and subject to regulations. Then new gravesite and funeral director. The whole process is daunting let alone the expense. It seems it could cost $10 to $20 thousand to do that. Everyone doesn't have even a spare $1,000.
Then there's the thought of all that disturbing and handling especially putting her in new casket. Disturbing the dead like that just doesn't go down well with some. Cremation may not agree with everyone. I personally don't like the idea of it myself but don't object anyone else doing it.

Yes, that would be mine as well.

I think in a country the size of the US in a sense it wouldn't matter where she was buried because sooner or later it would become the wrong place. I'm guessing her mother must be in her 80s by now and probably doesn't have too many years left. Her brother is probably a few years older or younger than Marcia and approaching the age, depending on where he currently lives, when he might be considering retiring to the sun. What good would it do to rebury her in, say, Arkansas or wherever if her brother retires to Florida in the next 5 years?

And if she is disinterred for cremation what do you do with ashes? Bury them somewhere where they too are going to be left behind in time, or cart them around with you forevermore? And what when you in turn die? What then?

Her full biological brother is deceased. He died as an adult, possible with a family of his own (all I know is he was married) and I don't think he is buried in the same state where their mom lives nor where their dad is buried. Her half siblings who are living are spread out all over the country. Her parents will not be buried in same place since they were divorced and lived in different states most of their lives. It may mean more heartache and arguments within extended family if her mom wanted to move her remains to Arkansas and someone else in the family disagreed and wanted her with her dad (just as an example-- I'm not saying this is what happened or is happening but I know within my own family arguments like this would come up and just add to the drama and grief).

I think it makes sense to leave her resting in Ohio and give her a new headstone. JMO.

At the end of the day, we did our part in trying to find her name and return Marcia to her family. Thankfully, that was achieved. Her family who clearly loved her now knows where she is and she has her name back. If they choose to move her, I know many of us will gladly contribute to help fund whatever they need. If they don’t choose to move her, that’s their decision and no one else’s. I believe our time is best spent trying to find her killer and not in debating whether her family is making the best decision about her resting place.

❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her full biological brother is deceased. He died as an adult, possible with a family of his own (all I know is he was married) and I don't think he is buried in the same state where their mom lives nor where their dad is buried. Her half siblings who are living are spread out all over the country. Her parents will not be buried in same place since they were divorced and lived in different states most of their lives. It may mean more heartache and arguments within extended family if her mom wanted to move her remains to Arkansas and someone else in the family disagreed and wanted her with her dad (just as an example-- I'm not saying this is what happened or is happening but I know within my own family arguments like this would come up and just add to the drama and grief).

I think it makes sense to leave her resting in Ohio and give her a new headstone. JMO.

I agree. I would want to visit her burial site though, but, I don't think I'd move her. She was never reported as missing. I may have overlooked why, but, in most cases, it's because something has happened to make the family think that their loved one doesn't want to be found, yet they hold out hope that they'll come home. I know of kin who would go for long periods without seeing their family member, for years, and then late one night they'd get a phone call, or the person would breeze through, say hi, and be gone again, not to be heard from for ages, again. They were never reported as missing, it was more of an acceptance, of that family member's footloose lifestyle, and the rest of the family just hoped for word as to where they were,. and if they were okay, now and then they'd get it, but it would be brief.

At the end of the day, we did our part in trying to find her name and return Marcia to her family. Thankfully, that was achieved. Her family who clearly loved her now knows where she is and she has her name back. If they choose to move her, I know many of us will gladly contribute to help fund whatever they need. If they don’t choose to move her, that’s their decision and no one else’s. I believe our time is best spent trying to find her killer and not in debating whether her family is making the best decision about her resting place.

❤️

Melmouth, Aggie, Roselyr, and all the rest of you certainly have alot of different takes and ideas on it...I can see all of your points. Yes, I do agree it is up to the family, and to find this killer would be the greatest thing for us to find out next. Thanks for all your responses.

Family has contacted me and informed me that the reason they will not be moving her is because that has been Marcia's resting place for 37 years. Her family will visit her now that they know where she is.

Is dividing cremated remains common in the US? AFAIK it isn't in the UK. The only cases I've heard of here are a kind of Wisdom of Solomon thing where, eg, one or more ex-partners (usually ex-wives) of the deceased are at war with the present wife, or where there are siblings from different marriages who can't agree where the deceased should be buried.

People get cremated and ashes spread pretty often here. My dad didn't care his remains were separated into 7. He wanted to be in my office where I spend my time next to the ashes of our German Shepherd that we had at our business. He's fine with being buried with me if I decide to do that. He didn't want to go back to Hungary, wanted to stay in the US

I agree. I would want to visit her burial site though, but, I don't think I'd move her. She was never reported as missing. I may have overlooked why, but, in most cases, it's because something has happened to make the family think that their loved one doesn't want to be found, yet they hold out hope that they'll come home. I know of kin who would go for long periods without seeing their family member, for years, and then late one night they'd get a phone call, or the person would breeze through, say hi, and be gone again, not to be heard from for ages, again. They were never reported as missing, it was more of an acceptance, of that family member's footloose lifestyle, and the rest of the family just hoped for word as to where they were,. and if they were okay, now and then they'd get it, but it would be brief.

It wasn't in the news, but her family claimed they attempted to report her missing but she was an adult who liked to hitchhike and police did not take it seriously. That was very common back in the 80's. I do believe her mother always hoped she would come home on her own. JMO.

I'm just catching up - I was out of town with no internet access since Sunday. Sorry for not responding earlier Roselvr, but looks like you found the articles.

Her family will not be moving her at any point, just to clarify. They are replacing her headstone.

[emoji173]️

Agree. This is a personal decision. I know everyone's an inherant speculator here, but I think we should be focused on helping solve the case.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My advice? If you want to make a difference because of your feelings about Marcia's case, promote forensics or get involved with supporting domestic violence centers.

As a kid I used to get confused at why people did things they did or maybe ended up in undesirable situations like Marcia did. As an older person I now know the average person can do everything under the sun to protect themselves....& Destiny might have a completely different plan.

Don't judge so harshly. DO help people.

The only reason I brought it up was to clarify, not to judge. It is a family's choice whether or not to move someone's remains.

The goal is to give answers to families & to give someone their identity back. I don't take "returning home" as physically relocating a body. I take it as giving her her name back & therefore knowing where home is. Her family coming to visit her grave makes her home. What the family chooses to do is not even an ounce of our business.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

The goal is to give answers to families & to give someone their identity back. I don't take "returning home" as physically relocating a body. I take it as giving her her name back & therefore knowing where home is. Her family coming to visit her grave makes her home. What the family chooses to do is not even an ounce of our business.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I agree 100%. I think everyone has invested so many years on this case that she feels like family. It’s hard to not be interested in every single detail, because everyone cares so much about her. With that being said, yes it’s time to move on and help if we can with getting justice for her.

Where did I read that she was possibly seen with a man with no arms?? Did I dream this or was it released in an article? I will look this evening when I get home. Now a man with no arms would not likely be a suspect, but could be a good lead in identifying who she may have been with at that time.

Where did I read that she was possibly seen with a man with no arms?? Did I dream this or was it released in an article? I will look this evening when I get home. Now a man with no arms would not likely be a suspect, but could be a good lead in identifying who she may have been with at that time.

That was a notation in the police file that was visible in a news clip about the case.

I went back and re-watched the video, and though I couldn't see the whole page of the report, I saw the description you were talking about. Not sure what to make of them. They appear to be tips they followed but possibly went nowhere. Looks like there may have been a lot of them?
It would be interesting if we could somehow get a map of all the places of folks who reported seeing her before she passed.

I'll put the visible parts of the report here, with names redacted. Bennington appears to be the Fairborn Ohio Police Department employee who took the tip. (the entire page is not completely visible, so the missing text is replaced with ellipses)

... of Springhill Nursery would like to see the pictures.

Bennington - Fairborn PD 879-1730 Ext. 302 advised a S_____ B_____ (1/2 Crazy)
... im he saw the girl three yrs. ago in a laundramat (sic) in Fairborn with
... r girl and guy with stubs for arms. Bennington advised that a lawyer
... ayton fits the no arm desc. [Address and Phone # Redacted]

W______ [Phone #] said he saw the girl matching desc. setting (sic) on p ...
... corner of Bartley and Dixie on 4/23 at approx. 1600 hrs. barefoot ...
... and pigtails

Interesting however, I would have to ask myself, how would a man with no arms carry a body? :dunno:

Have to take into fact that the report is marked 1/2 crazy.. :scared:

Unless he had help or the person merely just was seen talking to her and made an causual acquaintance. Just b/c he was seen with her does not mean he did something to her.

That was a notation in the police file that was visible in a news clip about the case.

So if this is taken seriously that she was seen 3 yrs ago with these people you would surmise she was a recurrent visitor. Which doesn't make a lot of sense if she wasn't recognized in the area. And it says seen in Fairborn which is next door to Wright Patterson AFB and Wright State University.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23