Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph 'Joe Clyde' Daniels, 5, autistic, Dickson, 3 April 2018 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone from this area? I wonder if they had school on Monday or Tuesday? Monday would have been the day after Easter.

Looking at Dickson County Schools' website, April 2nd appears to have been a regular school day.
http://www.dicksoncountyschools.org/cms/one.aspx?pageId=5745706

But, whether little Joe attended school that day, I do not know. And I assume nothing. All I can find in media reports is his "father" called at some point to say Joe would be absent "because he is missing". I do not recall where I read this; I will try to find it.

Eta...
I tried to find it. I can't. But, it was after little Joe had been reported missing.

Looking at Dickson County Schools' website, April 2nd appears to have been a regular school day.
http://www.dicksoncountyschools.org/cms/one.aspx?pageId=5745706

But, whether little Joe attended school that day, I do not know. And I assume nothing. All I can find in media reports is his "father" called at some point to say Joe would be absent "because he is missing". I do not recall where I read this; I will try to find it.

See. That’s a weird thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. To be clear, it was after he'd be reported missing.
Spring break was the week before Easter so I'm am just assuming they verified he was seen by other people on April 3rd whether it was mentioned in the media or not. To assume they hadn't would indicate a level of incompetence on the TBI's part that is just to great to even fathom.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That is possible. We know they were not participating in the search because the LE did tell them not to participate for that very reason, but the parents told the police they had been searching for him for an hour before calling police.... But then of course they said they killed him. Why would they be searching for him if they knew he was already dead? The foot prints cant be blamed on the parents. I do remember them reporting that they were barefoot prints.

Did father have him walk with him before killing the child? Who knows??? To make it more believable. So he would get away with it.

Or maybe they were not Joe's footprints.

Did father have him walk with him before killing the child? Who knows??? To make it more believable. So he would get away with it.

Well, you would have to give the guy a lot of credit to assume he was smart enough to do that. Now I don't think he is a complete idiot but I don't sence that level of sophistication either.

Now people have theorized that Joe did get out of the house, was found by his father who then killed him in a fit of rage. This could explain the footprints, the dogs picking up his scent and Joe's sighting at 1am. But it does not explain why the scent just dropped off. In order to believe this theory, you also have to believe the eyewitness account. It's at this point the theory falls apart for me.

I believe he was there and he did see something only because the dogs did pick up a scent in that area. What I don't believe is what he told investigators is the whole truth.

The witness told investigators he saw what he believed to be a child on the road around 1am. He did not think to call the police because he looked older to him and was near houses so he assumed he wasn't lost. I just don't buy that story.

The theory that others have suggested is the real reason this eye witness didn't call for help is he may have been intoxicated. How safe do you think a child dressed in black walking down the street at night really is when a drunk driver comes along?

We know they were not participating in the search because the LE did tell them so not to throw off the dogs scent but the parents told the police they had been searching for him for an hour before calling police so the dogs could possible have still confused their scent for Joes.... But then of course they later confessed to killing him. Why would they be searching for him if they knew he was already dead? The foot prints cant be blamed on the parents. I do remember them reporting that they were barefoot prints.

Spring break was the week before Easter so I'm am just assuming they verified he was seen by other people on April 3rd whether it was mentioned in the media or not. To assume they hadn't would indicate a level of incompetence on the TBI's part that is just to great to even fathom.....

I never said the TBI didn't check this out and I do not expect that they have shared all they know.

I am just trying to figure out if that was the case. I cannot ask the TBI, but I thought maybe it had been specifically mentioned in the media.

Well, you would have to give the guy a lot of credit to assume he was smart enough to do that. Now I don't think he is a complete idiot but I don't sence that level of sophistication either.

Now people have theorized that Joe did get out of the house, was found by his father who then killed him in a fit of rage. This could explain the footprints, the dogs picking up his scent and Joe's sighting at 1am. But it does not explain why the scent just dropped off. In order to believe this theory, you also have to believe the eyewitness account. It's at this point the theory falls apart for me.

I believe he was there and he did see something only because the dogs did pick up a scent in that area. What I don't believe is what he told investigators is the whole truth.

The witness told investigators he saw what he believed to be a child on the road around 1am. He did not think to call the police because he looked older to him and was near houses so he assumed he wasn't lost. I just don't buy that story.

The theory that others have suggested is the real reason this eye witness didn't call for help is he may have been intoxicated. How safe do you think a child dressed in black walking down the street at night really is when a drunk driver comes along?

I know people who have met this guy and he used to use distraction ploys all of the time (for other reasons not related to this).

Your scenario does not account for why Joe Ray would have confessed to a particularly heinous murder.

I know people who have met this guy and he used to use distraction ploys all of the time (for other reasons not related to this).

Your scenario does not account for why Joe Ray would have confessed to a particularly heinous murder.
People who know a guy, that knows a guy, that knows another guy???

The confession still has to be proven by evidence.
Now I don't know if they have evidence to cooperate the confession?
I don't know what evidence they gathered from the house?
I do know what the search warrant listed.
I do know that forensic analysis takes time to process, longer than three days so certainly longer than the time between Joe's disappearance and the fathers arrest.

They could have found blood on the knives they took from the house. That blood still has to analysed. For all we know the blood work could come back with the DNA of a cow from their last steak dinner.

Then what?
Without a body where is the proof to cooperate the confession?
Without blood evidence he died in that house, without a body how can the prosecution prove he's even dead let alone murdered....
Because someone he went to high school with 10+ years ago says he's got a temper???

People confess under duress to things they didn't do all the time. It is not all that uncommon for confessions to be recanted and thrown out because of coercion. What if they confronted him with loose or even false evidence and managed to even manipulate him into believing Joe died in the house. He might have confessed believing he could protect his wife or older son? We don't know how that went down. We wont know until the trial.

I don't even think it was the sherriff who took the confession. I believe it was the TBI....

Or maybe they were not Joe's footprints.

Well, that is a good point. There are two other children in the family. If the "parents'" scent could confuse the dogs, why not the brothers'?

No. Nothing like that.

I am only saying he is capable of planning. I am not saying he planned anything to do with footprints because I do not know that.

This is not a friend of a friend situation.

No. Nothing like that.

I am only saying he is capable of planning. I am not saying he planned anything to do with footprints because I do not know that.

This is not a friend of a friend situation.
Ok well let me put it like this then..

You got any ex boyfriends/girlfriend somebody you've had a tiff with at sometime? Would you think it would be fair that I would judge you, a person I do not even know on what unflattering things they might tell me about you???

Ok well let me put it like this then..

You got any ex boyfriends/girlfriend somebody you've had a tiff with at sometime? Would you think it would be fair that I would judge you, a person I do not even know on what unflattering things they might tell me about you???

It is not a person with whom he had a tiff. I am saying he can plan things. If you cannot believe he is capable of planning things, then you do not have to believe it. Again, the "things" I am talking about do not relate to this case. It happened last year, not 10 years ago. I wish I could just outright say what it was. But, again, if you do not wish to believe he is smart enough to plan anything, then we can agree to disagree.

<snipped>
<snipped>

I am not aware of any MSM articles or LE statements that tell what exactly the witness saw or why he didn’t call police at that time. I’ve seen plenty of speculation, but the only thing we know for sure is that a witness reported seeing a child within a short distance (100 yds?) of BabyJoe’s house, in the early morning hours of April 4th.

If you have a link to an article with more info on the witness sighting, I’d love to see it.

The confession still has to be proven by evidence.
Now I don't know if they have evidence to cooperate the confession?
I don't know what evidence they gathered from the house?
I do know what the search warrant listed.
I do know that forensic analysis takes time to process, longer than three days so certainly longer than the time between Joe's disappearance and the fathers arrest.

They could have found blood on the knives they took from the house. That blood still has to analysed. For all we know the blood work could come back with the DNA of a cow from their last steak dinner.

Then what?
Without a body where is the proof to cooperate the confession?
Without blood evidence he died in that house, without a body how can the prosecution prove he's even dead let alone murdered....
Because someone he went to high school with 10+ years ago says he's got a temper???

People confess under duress to things they didn't do all the time. It is not all that uncommon for confessions to be recanted and thrown out because of coercion. What if they confronted him with loose or even false evidence and managed to even manipulate him into believing Joe died in the house. He might have confessed believing he could protect his wife or older son? We don't know how that went down. We wont know until the trial.

I don't even think it was the sherriff who took the confession. I believe it was the TBI....

Please do not take this the wrong way, but the word you want in place of "cooperate" is "corroborate".

Usually, LE tries to find evidence to back up a confession. Speaking generally. We know that, in this case, the investigation is continuing. But, as with many cases, a lot of things they are finding, we may never know.

What I am saying to you is how is confessing to beating a little child to death any better than confessing to running him over with a car?

Unless Joe Ray has a child I do not know about, the oldest child in the family (his stepson) is only eight. Is there someone I don't know about?

One thing we do know for certain: both "parents" knew little Joe was dead even when they reported him missing. They knew he was dead even as thousands of dollars of resources and hundreds of volunteers searched in vain for a living child. They knew those people, no matter how hard they worked, and hoped, and prayed were not going to find him. This does not make me think well of them.

I am not aware of any MSM articles or LE statements that tell what exactly the witness saw or why he didn’t call police at that time. I’ve seen plenty of speculation, but the only thing we know for sure is that a witness reported seeing a child within a short distance (100 yds?) of BabyJoe’s house, in the early morning hours of April 4th.

If you have a link to an article with more info on the witness sighting, I’d love to see it.
Go back through December posts. Posted a timeline yesterday. It's in there.

Please do not take this the wrong way, but the word you want in place of "cooperate" is "corroborate".

Usually, LE tries to find evidence to back up a confession. Speaking generally. We know that, in this case, the investigation is continuing. But, as with many cases, a lot of things they are finding, we may never know.

What I am saying to you is how is confessing to beating a little child to death any better than confessing to running him over with a car?

Unless Joe Ray has a child I do not know about, the oldest child in the family (his stepson) is only eight. Is there someone I don't know about?
his stepson

One thing we do know for certain: both "parents" knew little Joe was dead even when they reported him missing. They knew he was dead even as thousands of dollars of resources and hundreds of volunteers searched in vain for a living child. They knew those people, no matter how hard they worked, and hoped, and prayed were not going to find him. This does not make me think well of them.
Uh huh, and if the confession is recanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member