CA - Hannah,16,Devonte,15,&Ciera Hart,12 (fnd deceased),Mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they could talk about what their life was like. Home, friends, involved in groups. I think a lot of us want to understand so we can be more aware. I am fascinated with what makes people who they are. How did they become the way they are.

I,love Humans of New York.

I have learned a lot on WS and I was a teacher that worked with hundreds of kids and parents along with other groups. But nothing has educated me more about people than WS.

Oh my gosh I LOVE Humans of New York!!

Its easy to become cynical. Especially being a member here are reading such horror. But I guess the lessons my hippy parents taught me resonated - I truly believe most humans are inherently good.

Anyone who needs a pick me up that combines science and fact with philosophy, art and religion, please watch the documentary "I Am." I believe it was 2006. Gorgeous. True. Changes you.

Maybe they feel they have nothing to say. They may not want to associate with abusive murderers and choose to mourn the children. That’s if they even know that their high school classmate did this.

I am very aware you were a teacher. That being said, HONY is people telling their own stories. High school classmates of JH and SH can’t tell their stories for them. I highly doubt I’d go to the media to tell the story of a high school classmate who just murdered their children. IMO, that would come off weird and inappropriate.

I agree! I still feel weird about the Turpins' former classmate coming forward and "outing" her as being the weird kid that people made fun of. It would've been one thing if SHE had told that story. I know it was shared with good intentions but, still...When people from the faraway past come back and start sharing stories in the media, I always listen with a bit of side eye.

Personally, I "read on WS" because I am a true crime buff and, with this being a sleuthing community, I enjoy listening to people as they fit clues together and discuss the various crimes from different angles.

I think Human was praising websleuths!!

Good lord!!!! 16 years old??? Talk about child abuse, my *advertiser censored* would have been whooped with the wooden spoon. I am isgusted with what happened to you.
OMG! Except for this site, I am so ready to get off social media. Gotta figure out out how to get all the photos off first.

The eaten by sea life prodded me to post. My entire home is filled with refrence books from floor to ceiling. The two remaining kids will be found by divers in my opinion. They will have moved farther south from the crash site.Even under water there are waves that would move them like they moved the fourth child found. As decomposition of the bodies continues the head,arms, and legs will separate from the trunk. I check many times daily for a notice of when the divers will do a search.

Thank you!! So much this!! Not every - or even most - adoptive parents have bad intentions!! For every case such as the Hart’s, there are so many more loving, caring, parents who adopted their children and live regular lives sans abuse, neglect, racism, etc. some assumptions and accusations in this thread regarding interracial adoption have been really cringey and inappropriate imo

As an adoptive parent of my kickass daughter that is 11, quad CP, smart, funny and the only thing in this world that puts a smile on my face every morning PRIOR to coffee, it has been a really hard thread to read.

Thank you to all the WS followers that support adoptive families. You guys rule ♡♡♡

I agree! I still feel weird about the Turpins' former classmate coming forward and "outing" her as being the weird kid that people made fun of. It would've been one thing if SHE had told that story. I know it was shared with good intentions but, still...When people from the faraway past come back and start sharing stories in the media, I always listen with a bit of side eye.

Yes me too! To me it comes across as trying to insert yourself for attention. JMO

You can’t be martyrs if the children you have sacrificed so much for turn out to have successful, independent lives.

At the beginning there was a lot of talk of them being “white saviors” but it seems more like they were trying to be martyrs to me now that we know more.

It wasn’t about “look what a great life we’ve given these poor black crack babies” but rather “look how much we’ve done for these poor black crack babies, and it won’t ever end since they’ll never be able to live on their own.”

I think I go with the "white savior" theory as to why S and J had those children plus the foster child whom they ended up brutally ditching.
The foster child, now a grown woman, is perplexed that S and J would tell people she ate from the trash. According to her, and I believe her, she never ever did that.

That S and J said about their (smart looking) adopted children that they would never grow up to live normal lives because of issues from their early lives, tells me that they indeed liked their roles as "white saviors".
Took away from the fact that in reality they were the losers - not in my mind, but in their own minds.

Something else: I am so angry at control-freak-Jen. By plunging herself along with her entire family into death, she maintained CONTROL to the very last breath.
There is no arguing with that, and in a sense, she got the last word.

Thinking about the high school thing, I realized that a boy who had been terrible to me in junior high and high school actually was in the headlines a few years back. He didn't do anything shockingly terrible like this, but he was arrested and suddenly notorious. I would not have dreamed of going to the media to say "yeah he was a jerk back then too" just because I wanted nothing to do with him, period, nor did I want the attention. I think a lot of people from the Harts' life before the festival scene feel that way, most likely.

Regarding how could the other bodies not have been found, I watched a David Attenborough show not long ago where he watched as sea creatures completely cleaned the carcass of a grey whale that had died of natural causes. The ocean is brutal to the dead.

I used to read Ann Rule but the books were too intense. She really went into their lives.

You are out of luck if I knew you and you turned into an abuser and then a killer. I would tell what I know. Hopefully, these “mothers” will be investigated and added to a profile of criminals and their backstories .

Maybe someone will think, “Hey! Wait a minute! There is something not right here.”

A nice looking home in a nice neighborhood makes people automatically think things are OK. Well, look at the Bevers, the Turpins and the Harts.

Don’t we wish life was better for the dead, alive and missing.

Sarah has little presence but Jen has a lot. A BS presence who made up stuff about her life and the lives of the dhildren they contaminated. I am glad there has been at least one voice, Lee, that said eating garbage was bS.

I am glad the principal of the MN school said the kids were nice kids.

I am glad Jen did not get to have her narrative be the one that is accepted

Sarah has little presence but Jen has a lot. A BS presence who made up stuff about her life and the lives of the dhildren they contaminated. I am glad there has been at least one voice, Lee, that said eating garbage was bS.

Can you post the source with the school principal? I'd be interested in reading that

Can you post the source with the school principal? I'd be interested in reading that

Scott Heckert, the principal of Woodland at the time, recalled the Harts as an insular family whose children — despite being amiable and outgoing among their peers — rarely spent time with others outside the classroom.

"They stayed under the radar and liked to be alone and away from other people," Heckert said of Jennifer and Sarah, adding the children received extra attention from teachers and faculty after the abuse allegations.
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2018/04/hart_children_immediately_pull.html

I would feel very insensitive going to the media to talk about someone I knew 20 years ago, when said person just murdered their children, two of which are still missing. Maybe their former classmates either don’t know what happened, don’t want to be connected to them, or feel it’s disrespectful to publicly speak about classmates from 20 years ago when four children are dead and two are still missing. JMO

I get what you’re saying, but I also know people do this all the time with other crimes that are all over the news. So it is a little strange that no one has said anything at all about Jen’s formative years. I wonder if she didn’t have friends then either, thinking of her text that was released yesterday or today.

It's been interesting to watch these threads on the Hart family when it comes to WS discussing the kids and their possible disabilities.

I remember posting several times to keep in mind that it was Jen who told her friends how deprived these kids had been prior to adoption and then her friends mentioned the challenges Sarah and Jen faced as parents.

My son was on the severe end of ADHD as a kid. With an emphasis on hyperactive. He gravitated towards other kids who were different, so I got exposure to a lot of kids with special needs or disabilities, including visits to his pediatric neurologist.

I can't imagine a bunch of six developmentally disabled kids being able to attend 3 day festivals, especially when they are basically under 10 years old. Nor can I imagine getting all six of them together over and over and over again for photos with all of them smiling. Think about having them attend rallies and marches, with them holding up signs and chanting.

Accounts said these kids were polite. They were friendly. They were intelligent. They loved to read. Jen has pictures of Abigail with helping to lay a floor. A recent video shows Devonte making bean wraps for his siblings while talking to the camera- he's multi-tasking, engaging and using advanced vocabulary.

Whatever innate disabilities these kids had collectively, they were not severe and they would not hamper them from being independent adults.

It makes me beyond angry.

As someone who has helped raise a young man with Down syndrome, I couldn’t agree more. When he was the age that some of these kids were in some of the pictures, we couldn’t take him to the fair because he became overstimulated and then it was hard to get him back to the car. We took him swimming for the first time when he was 5 or 6 (he had lots of medical issues) and when it was time to go, he fought us tooth and nail. I didn’t think any of us were going to make it out of the pool in one piece and there were two adults and one of him. We didn’t take him swimming again for another 3 years. We didn’t travel with him until he was 9 or 10. It just wasn’t doable.

Hi everyone, reading the threads here and I see a pattern. Jen and Sarah moved the kids when someone showed concern. Did they remove the kids from school soon after?

Yep...
Sarah Hart reached a probation agreement April 14, 2011, a week after she pleaded guilty to physically abusing one of her daughters, who was then 6 years old.

The next day, all six of their adopted children were taken out of public schools in Alexandria, where the family lived before moving to Oregon. They would never attend public school again.

A few days ago, someone here said that BAC does not deteriorate post-mortem. I think that person may have been in the mortuary business, but I can't remember, so don't take my word for this.

I think, from your quote, that being in the water can *reduce* BAC due to dilution and microbial ethanol synthesis, but not increase it. So if there was a change, the level we see (.102 I think) is likely less than what it was at time of death.

Yes, possibly could have been greatly reduced by the time testing was done at autopsy, so just wondering if all of those things were considered and tested and weighed and etc., because it seemed rather fast between time of autopsy and time MSM had news that JH's BAC was over the legal limit. It seems there are several factors that come into play in determining accurate BAC in deceased, and seems some things can swing it one way.. while other things can swing it the other way.

I missed seeing where the reference to the kids eating 'garbage' came from initially, but I am wondering if its context would allow for the meaning to have meant that rather than digging in the trash for food scraps, she meant they preferred eating 'junk food' (aka 'garbage')? Or was it clear that it was meant that the kids (and if so, was it all of them, or just certain ones, and were the ones who did this all from one adopted family, or from both sets of kids?) literally dug in the garbage for food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain