Found Deceased Nv - David Malinsky, 57, Las Vegas, 14 April 2018

BrianL42384

Reaction score
Well known sports bettor/writer went missing last weekend while hiking in the woods.

16554343_G.jpg

http://news3lv.com/news/local/sports-writer-dave-malinsky-goes-missing-near-mount-charleston

LAS VEGAS (KSNV) — Police are searching for 57-year-old David Malinsky, a sports writer and handicapper who has been missing since Saturday.

Malinsky went for a hike near Mount Charleston on Saturday and has not been seen since.

Anyone with information about Malinsky's whereabouts is urged to call 702-828-3111

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/3797...rsonality-reportedly-missing-on-mt-charleston

Sports writer, radio personality reportedly missing on Mt. Charleston
Posted: Apr 16, 2018 10:01 PM EDT
Updated: Apr 16, 2018 10:01 PM EDT
Written by Kristen DeSilva, Content ProducerCONNECT

David Malinsky (Courtesy)
David Malinsky (Courtesy)
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -
Family on Monday were continuing the search for hiker and sports writer/radio personality David Malinsky after they said he went missing on Mt. Charleston, northwest of the Las Vegas Valley.

Malinsky went missing abut 3 p.m. on Saturday, family said in a statement, after his car was found near Deer Creek North Loop. Las Vegas Metro police and Red Rock Search & Rescue were assisting family in the search.

Family said it was not uncommon for Malinsky to go on 15-mile day hikes.

Due to windy conditions, drone and helicopter searches were called off on Monday.

If you have any information about Malinsky's whereabouts, contact Jake Dittler at (702) 812-3221.

I really hope they find Dave alive, or if that isn't meant to be, that for the sake of his family and friends, that they find his body. Hopefully he's found a safe spot and is waiting to be found. My father has been friends with Dave for more than 30 years and I've had the pleasure of having dinner with him a few times when visiting Las Vegas. He's not just a genius gambler and odds maker, he's a genuinely nice guy.

From Newsweek:
People close to Malinsky told local station KSNV-TV that he typically likes to hike and get off the grid during this time of year, since it is a slow period for him. Malinsky was only supposed to be on his hike for the day.

"The low temperature on Saturday night was down in the 40s and I think about the same last night too," Red Rock Search and Rescue's Brian Zink told KSNV in a segment broadcast Monday. "It's just really windy, so if he can find shelter and had water and a little bit of food, we're very optimistic."

I hope he's found safe, and soon.

Crews continue search for hiker missing since Saturday

"People survive some of the most unbelievable situations in the world, and on the other end of the spectrum, people lose their lives over the smallest most ridiculous unbelievable things," said Tom Padden, Malinsky's friend. "So, it's a whole range of possibilities, and that's why not only are people not stopping but they're just coming out of the woodwork now."

VIdeo at link includes drone footage and map of the trail.

They've called off the search for Saturday until the body found is identified. The body was found in the Mummy Spring area and the North Loop Trail Dave was parked and seen at has a trail off it to that area. How sad.

They've called off the search for Saturday until the body found is identified. The body was found in the Mummy Spring area and the North Loop Trail Dave was parked and seen at has a trail off it to that area. How sad.
Sorry, I know it doesn't look good.

Can someone who’s good with maps post a map of where this is on the mountain?

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6828.jpg
    IMG_6828.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 145
The family has a post on the Find David Malinsky Facebook page thanking everyone for all their help with the search efforts and confirming that Dave "passed doing what he loved and that he is now resting peacefully among friends".

Although tragic and a huge loss, I am glad that his family and friends have an answer.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back