TN - 4 dead, several injured at Waffle House, Nashville, Apr 2018 *Guilty*

Welp, looks like we need some tweaking with the current gun laws, huh? Wonder how many more of these senseless, random murders it will take.

And.....just want to point out that today's hero, James Shaw, Jr., was not a "good guy with a gun." Just a regular dude with a strong will to live. Like most humans. Good on you, James!

The Latest: Sheriff: Suspect’s firearms card was revoked

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ea18c4-4697-11e8-8082-105a446d19b8_story.html

From the article:

Sheriff Robert Huston in Tazewell County, Illinois, says his department has “no information” on how Reinking got the weapons again. Huston says Reinking’s father has a valid firearm ownership card, and his officers didn’t believe they had any authority to seize the weapons.

Why would they think they didn't have authority to seize the weapons that were registered to Travis and in Travis' apartment?? His Father was not the registered owner of the weapons!!!

And people can miss me with his parents feeling threatened by him and that's why they gave him the guns back. What his father did was illegal. He knew it was illegal for Travis to be in possession of any firearm, but even gave him an AR-15. I needs to face charges and his right to have firearms needs to be revoked too. He doesn't deserve to own them.

Father volunteered to take the guns and keep them away from his son, when LE came to confiscate them, from what LE claims. I don't believe for a second his son threatened him. When LE came for the guns, why did he say he wants to keep the guns?

Lots of places he could hide but he'll have to eat at some point and so will need to show his face. He's talked of killing himself before. I bet he will do just that if he hasn't already.

Lots of places he could hide but he'll have to eat at some point and so will need to show his face. He's talked of killing himself before. I bet he will do just that if he hasn't already.
Yeah I agree with the suicide thing, the fact that he is apparently on foot, easily identifiable, and still hasn't been caught, means that he is hunkered down somewhere or already deceased.

Or, God forbid, armed and dangerous, he's continued his once-interrupted killing spree, or stolen a car, or God knows what. But I agree that suicide is a likely outcome.

Or, God forbid, armed and dangerous, he's continued his once-interrupted killing spree, or stolen a car, or God knows what. But I agree that suicide is a likely outcome.

Well he’s got the cover of darkness now, so that’s definitely a possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good grief, he has so many problems. Trespassing in a restricted area of the White House (July 2017) , thought Taylor Swift was stalking him in May 2017, and now this.

White House incident: https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/22/us/waffle-house-shooter-white-house/index.html
Reinking moved to Nashville in 2017 and worked in construction, police said. He had been fired from one job in April and began another construction job on Monday, but didn't show up for work Tuesday.

Taylor Swift incident:
https://www.newschannel5.com/news/waffle-house-suspect-said-taylor-swift-was-stalking-him
[FONT=&amp]Reinking told officials Taylor Swift was harassing him by stalking him and hacking his phone. He later told them she had hacked his Netflix account, told him to meet her at a Dairy Queen, then allegedly ran from him at that location. He said he chased her to the rooftop of a building, but she was gone.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Multiple other accounts of contact by officials with Reinking have been released by the Tazewell County Sheriff's Office.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]One incident involved Reinking diving into a pool wearing only his underwear and a pink woman's house coat. He took the coat off in the water, and the lifeguard told him to get out of the pool.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]He got out, reportedly yelling at the lifeguards, and then tried to fight them and showed his genitals.[/FONT]
I will be very surprised if he hasn't had a diagnosis of schizophrenia along the way. He has exhibited MANY episodes of being out of touch with reality. And those are only the ones we know about, due to police reports. He should not have had guns. At all. Ever. Big fail.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Apologies if already posted. Warning: the interview with McMurry is intense as he describes the injured and deceased.

http://www.wkrn.com/top-news/man-pu...ring-mass-shooting-at-waffle-house/1134585328

[FONT=&quot]James Shaw Jr., [/FONT]the man hailed a hero after wrestling a gun from a shooter at an Antioch Waffle House[FONT=&quot], wasn't alone when the tragedy unfolded Sunday morning. His best friend was also with him.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Brennan McMurry may have also helped save some lives. He said he heard the commotion while he was in the bathroom and his active shooter training from work set in as he pushed people in the bathroom where he locked the door and took cover until the shots stopped. [/FONT]

Lockout planned at Nashville schools within Waffle House shooting search area

Metro Nashville schools in the area of a shooting at an Antioch Waffle House early Sunday morning will be in lockout Monday morning if the manhunt for the suspect continues.

Schools within the search area have been checked and cleared by Metro police and Metro Nashville School Security, according to the district.

Students are free to move throughout the building as usual during a lockout, but no guests or visitors are allowed to enter the building.

Family members who must check out their child early should send a note or call the school notifying them of their plans and arrival.

Specific schools involved in the lockout weren't named as part of the announcement, but the district stated schools "in the immediate vicinity of the Waffle House are included," and schools could be added depending on updates from police on the search.

Lockout procedures at the designated schools will continue until the manhunt has ended or the police say the suspect is no longer in the area, according to an announcement by Metro Nashville Public Schools.

[...]

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...reinking-nashville-schools-lockout/540887002/

Welp, looks like we need some tweaking with the current gun laws, huh? Wonder how many more of these senseless, random murders it will take.

And.....just want to point out that today's hero, James Shaw, Jr., was not a "good guy with a gun." Just a regular dude with a strong will to live. Like most humans. Good on you, James!
''
f
But James is black, Someone is probably trying to fInd a record on him as we speak, Like the white man who stabbed a black man in New York and they released the victims record.

''
f
But James is black, Someone is probably trying to fInd a record on him as we speak, Like the white man who stabbed a black man in New York and they released the victims record.

We’re talking about the facts regarding the events, not race. He’s a hero and that’s a fact. This isn’t a place to drag the discussion into hypotheticals that have nothing to do with the topic. There are other forums on which to race bait.

Tennessee gun law / possession of a firearm by the mentally ill: Tenn. Code Ann. § 39-17-1351.
The following are eligibility requirements for obtaining a handgun carry permit and the application shall require the applicant to disclose and conform compliance with, under oath, the following information concerning the applicant and the eligibility requirements:

That the applicant has not been adjudicated as a mental defective, has not been judicially committed to or hospitalized in a mental institution, has not had a court appoint a conservator for the applicant by reason of mental illness, developmental disability or other mental incapacity, and has not, within seven years from the date of application, been found by a court to pose an immediate substantial likelihood of serious harm because of the mental illness.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/civil-...session-of-a-firearm-by-the-mentally-ill.aspx

(Posted January 2018)

As far as I can tell he didn't obtain a permit in TN. Guns were the ones that were supposed to have been confiscated from him in IL. But it doesn't appear to me the guns were ever actually taken by police. Police went to take his guns, but his father was there with a valid firearm card so police just left the guns because father promised to keep them secure.

As far as I can tell he didn't obtain a permit in TN. Guns were the ones that were supposed to have been confiscated from him in IL. But it doesn't appear to me the guns were ever actually taken by police. Police went to take his guns, but his father was there with a valid firearm card so police just left the guns because father promised to keep them secure.

The question is whether or not the father broke any laws by returning the weapons to his son. It was certainly a massive lapse of judgement and one that many people will condemn him for, but I’d like to know what the law says.

The question is whether or not the father broke any laws by returning the weapons to his son. It was certainly a massive lapse of judgement and one that many people will condemn him for, but I’d like to know what the law says.

Seems like the gun control law is a joke. Here we have an individual (Travis) exhibiting episodes of bizarre behavior, police know he has multiple guns but the guns aren't removed. The guns were supposed to be removed after Travis went to the White House, but police just left the guns with Travis's father. To me that just sounds nuts.

Seems like the gun control law is a joke. Here we have an individual (Travis) exhibiting episodes of bizarre behavior, police know he has multiple guns but the guns aren't removed. The guns were supposed to be removed after Travis went to the White House, but police just left the guns with Travis's father. To me that just sounds nuts.

Yeah I couldn’t agree more. He clearly had severe issues judging by the pool, Taylor Swift, and White House incidents. He shouldn’t have had access to guns. Period. His dad bears responsibility as does the legal system. He exploited a loophole that shouldn’t exist.

Yeah I couldn’t agree more. He clearly had severe issues judging by the pool, Taylor Swift, and White House incidents. He shouldn’t have had access to guns. Period. His dad bears responsibility as does the legal system. He exploited a loophole that shouldn’t exist.

I would say that the law needs to be clear that if police confiscates the guns, they have to actually confiscate the guns, not leave them with relatives. I don't understand why police felt that they had to leave the guns with father (they seem to be implying that deputies didn't believe they could actually remove the property (guns)), which seems so bizarre to me. Travis was an adult, not a minor. Travis' property isn't the same as his father's property, one would think.

"Huston says Reinking's father has a valid firearm ownership card, and his officers didn't believe they had any authority to seize the weapons. He says the father agreed to "keep the weapons secure and out of the possession of Travis.""

http://www.wjbdradio.com/local-news...ffle-house-shooting-firearms-card-was-revoked

IMO, if someone gets guns taken away, they need to be destroyed, not given back. To anyone.
I'm not anti-gun one bit, but I am anti-guns in the hands of the wrong people. It is often so hard to identify who should and shouldn't have a gun. We never know when someone is going to snap, that may have been fine up to that point. In this situation though, LE did know there was something wrong. Enough to order his gun license revoked and remove guns from him.

I'm not one to shout for more gun laws, as we do a terrible job of enforcing the ones we already have. But this, as a new gun law, I could really get behind. IMO

I don‘t want to start a gun discussion here but just out of curiosity:

Is there any good reason why a private citizen needs to own an AR-15 style rifle? Is it used for hunting or sports or what is it for?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back