NC NC - Faith Hedgepeth, 19, UNC student, Chapel Hill, 7 Sep 2012 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
"a deliberate choice was made to not address the unknown male DNA at the crime scene. That particular bit of evidence has always been a monkey wrench in the KR, ETJ, and now TM theories."

Not exactly. They talked about the male DNA evidence, the fact that some 800 people have been swabbed and mentioned that this or that suspect, e.g., ETJ, has been cleared in connection to it. They simply didn't place the same emphasis upon this evidence that others do.

The question is: why would that be?

You think that they were being disingenuous and taking a shortcut of sorts so as to have a more definitive theory of the crime (the KR theory) at the end. I don't agree; I think the two investigators sincerely believe the preponderance of the evidence points to KR; I just think they believe there's an explanation for the male DNA that they didn't fully lay out.

As for what this explanation is, I will admit that I haven't the foggiest.

I have just tweeted at Derrick Levasseur, by the way, so as to ask him about the above. Specifically, I asked: "[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]how do you account for the male DNA that was found on Faith, the note & the pen?" Hopefully[/FONT] he replies. We will see.

"a deliberate choice was made to not address the unknown male DNA at the crime scene. That particular bit of evidence has always been a monkey wrench in the KR, ETJ, and now TM theories."

Not exactly. They talked about the male DNA evidence, the fact that some 800 people have been swabbed and mentioned that this or that suspect, e.g., ETJ, has been cleared in connection to it. They simply didn't place the same emphasis upon this evidence that others do.

The question is: why would that be?

You think that they were being disingenuous and taking a shortcut of sorts so as to have a more definitive theory of the crime (the KR theory) at the end. I don't agree; I think the two investigators sincerely believe the preponderance of the evidence points to KR; I just think they believe there's an explanation for the male DNA that they didn't fully lay out.

As for what this explanation is, I will admit that I haven't the foggiest.

Basically, all of the circumstantial evidence points in one direction. The only thing that deducts from that is the fouron DNA. This seems to be the smallest piece of the puzzle considering it could have been planted. If the crime scene had not been staged somehow; then we would have to assume Faith was murded by a complete stranger who by chance stumbled upon an unlocked apartment door.

a few matters:

1) surprised that Tom Gasparoli hasn’t yet commented on BH episode, but maybe he’s traveling or otherwise indisposed?

2) I do think several scenarios can be easily fashioned in which the perp(s) are either ‘stranger(s)’ or someone just outside Faith/Karena’s circle of acquaintances.

3) For those who believe KR purposely left the door unlocked, one of the biggest, simplest questions remains WHY would she tell that to the police (KNOWING it would draw suspicion)? She could’ve said she locked the door or she just didn’t remember if she did or didn’t. (and I won’t review the several other innocent reasons already given for why she might’ve left the door unlocked — and again, this is only a mystery to US; she has obviously given the police some explanation that we're not privy to).

"For those who believe KR purposely left the door unlocked, one of the biggest, simplest questions remains WHY would she tell that to the police (KNOWING it would draw suspicion)?"

You're getting things a little confused. If KR committed this crime, she told police she left the door unlocked because this would provide an explanation of how a male stranger would have gained access to the apartment at 4:30am or later. Saying she had left the door unlocked was part of her "staging" of the crime. That saying this might somehow make her a suspect would have been a secondary or tertiary concern to her. Plus, as we know, she claims to have an innocent explanation for why she would have left the door unlocked.

a few matters:

1) surprised that Tom Gasparoli hasn’t yet commented on BH episode, but maybe he’s traveling or otherwise indisposed?

2) I do think several scenarios can be easily fashioned in which the perp(s) are either ‘stranger(s)’ or someone just outside Faith/Karena’s circle of acquaintances.

3) For those who believe KR purposely left the door unlocked, one of the biggest, simplest questions remains WHY would she tell that to the police (KNOWING it would draw suspicion)? She could’ve said she locked the door or she just didn’t remember if she did or didn’t. (and I won’t review the several other innocent reasons already given for why she might’ve left the door unlocked — and again, this is only a mystery to US; she has obviously given the police some explanation that we're not privy to).

I think the question should be: WHY didn't she lock the door? According to the testimony she gave on her PPO; one of her BFs who just lived across the lot from her was a mad man. I'm assuming that this was a deadbolt lock, and had to be locked with a key. She told CHIPs that she did not lock the door because Faith had the key, but if Faith was up at 4:am playing on FB, and writing mushy love letters; then why did KR not just tell Faith of her plans, and that she needed to lock the door after she left?

"For those who believe KR purposely left the door unlocked, one of the biggest, simplest questions remains WHY would she tell that to the police (KNOWING it would draw suspicion)?"

You're getting things a little confused. If KR committed this crime, she told police she left the door unlocked because this would provide an explanation of how a male stranger would have gained access to the apartment at 4:30am or later. Saying she had left the door unlocked was part of her "staging" of the crime. That saying this might somehow make her a suspect would have been a secondary or tertiary concern to her. Plus, as we know, she claims to have an innocent explanation for why she would have left the door unlocked.

So why didn't she just say, "oh I left in such a hurry I don't remember if I did or didn't lock the door; I may not have." Otherwise, you have her basically saying, "Unlike on most all other occasions, this one time I chose not to lock the door for some mysterious reason. Go figure."

So why didn't she just say, "oh I left in such a hurry I don't remember if I did or didn't lock the door; I may not have." Otherwise, you have her basically saying, "Unlike on most all other occasions, this one time I chose not to lock the door for some mysterious reason. Go figure."

She couldn't just say that; because there was only one key, and Faith had it.

Basically, all of the circumstantial evidence points in one direction. The only thing that deducts from that is the fouron DNA. This seems to be the smallest piece of the puzzle considering it could have been planted. If the crime scene had not been staged somehow; then we would have to assume Faith was murded by a complete stranger who by chance stumbled upon an unlocked apartment door.

Where the circumstantial evidence points is a matter of opinion. The supposed evidence was the fact that Karena went off with a guy and did not lock the door and some peoples' perceptions of the 911 call. I don't think that any of those things are evidence of anything at all. In my opinion, people who believe Karena did it will go to almost any length to make the flimsiest "evidence" fit -- even a buttdial call where you can't really hear anything, but that we know happened at a time when Faith was in the club (because there is video of her entering the club and leaving the club).

Where the circumstantial evidence points is a matter of opinion. The supposed evidence was the fact that Karena went off with a guy and did not lock the door and some peoples' perceptions of the 911 call. I don't think that any of those things are evidence of anything at all. In my opinion, people who believe Karena did it will go to almost any length to make the flimsiest "evidence" fit -- even a buttdial call where you can't really hear anything, but that we know happened at a time when Faith was in the club (because there is video of her entering the club and leaving the club).

You had to bring up the but-dial..lol. I never lent much credence to the but-dial, and I have never been stubborn about any one theory. In fact, I've literally bent myself into a pretzel trying to make your theory of some strange dude from the Time Out committing this crime, but now that we know that there is a lack of a sexual assault; I think it's time for you to put your hands up and consider different possibilities. I'm not saying that a stranger being responsible for Faiths murder is impossible, I'm just saying that it's time for some of you guys to bend a little, and consider the fact that the person to last see someone alive, and also the first to see them dead, is naturally going to be a suspect and you have to come to except that.

I'm not even mentioning the thumps on the floor, and all the other stuff because I don't have time, and I'm typing on a crappie little iphone, but I do believe you'll agree to begin to have an understanding about what I'm trying say.

You had to bring up the but-dial..lol. I never lent much credence to the but-dial, and I have never been stubborn about any one theory. In fact, I've literally bent myself into a pretzel trying to make your theory of some strange dude from the Time Out committing this crime, but now that we know that there is a lack of a sexual assault; I think it's time for you to put your hands up and consider different possibilities. I'm not saying that a stranger being responsible for Faiths murder is impossible, I'm just saying that it's time for some of you guys to bend a little, and consider the fact that the person to last see someone alive, and also the first to see them dead, is naturally going to be a suspect and you have to come to except that.

I'm not even mentioning the thumps on the floor, and all the other stuff because I don't have time, and I'm typing on a crappie little iphone, but I do believe you'll agree to begin to have an understanding about what I'm trying say.

Where did you get "lack of sexual assault"? Law enforcement believes she was sexually assaulted, and there was unidentified semen on her, she was naked from the waist down, and wasn't her shirt pulled up?

Where did you get "lack of sexual assault"? Law enforcement believes she was sexually assaulted, and there was unidentified semen on her, she was naked from the waist down, and wasn't her shirt pulled up?

Skigirl? Didn't you watch the two hour Investigation Discovery doc ?

https://www.investigationdiscovery.com/tv-shows/breaking-homicide/full-episodes/who-killed-faith

Two professional detectives investigated Faith's case, and there was a professional ME guy who studied the autopsy report.

Skigirl? Didn't you watch the two hour Investigation Discovery doc ?

https://www.investigationdiscovery.com/tv-shows/breaking-homicide/full-episodes/who-killed-faith

Two professional detectives investigated Faith's case, and there was a professional ME guy who studied the autopsy report.

What part of Skigirl's description are you doubting??? There WAS semen at the scene and Faith was sexually exposed... there's a difference between rape and sexual assault; the police never said from the beginning that she was raped, but have always indicated she was likely sexually assaulted (that could mean attempted rape, oral sex, or other forced behaviors).

Skigirl needs to watch the ID program. The autopsy rules out rape. As for any alleged "sexual assault" (without rape), the only evidence pointing towards this is the semen and the shirt, which the ID investigators basically interpret as crime scene "staging". Now admittedly, how you get the stranger's semen there is a perplexing and open question, but I think there is reason to say that we cannot say for sure that this was a sexual assault. There is some ambiguity here. Indeed I would challenge the logic of the sexual assault theory: this unknown male entered the apartment at 4:30am in order to rape Faith, then sexually assaulted her and bludgeoned her to death, but never actually had sex with her? Huh? I'm sorry, but that just doesn't make sense.

"Investigators found semen on Hedgepeth, but they have not said if she had been sexually assaulted before she was killed. DNA from the semen matched male DNA found elsewhere in the apartment."

http://www.wral.com/newly-released-docs-detail-police-s-case-in-unc-student-s-murder/13954237/

Apparently Brooke is Faith’s cousin.

The Voice finalist Brooke Simpson performs in Warren County, brings attention to UNC student's murder

http://wr.al/1BRJS

I think Karena did it or is involved. I don’t think the butt dial is a valid thing. I think it’s garbled noise from the club, just noise, nothing significant.

There is lots of circumstantial evidence, IMO, but probably lots more that I’m not even aware of. And yes, I agree that she told LE she left the door unlocked to mislead them into explaining how a killer got in without evidence of forced entry.

I won’t itemize the circumstantial evidence that convinces me, it has all been gone over and around here before. I’ll certainly change my mind if more info comes into play. I think the note and semen are red herrings.

I’ll be watching the ID show, but I expect to be disappointed. I won’t be satisfied until hearing evidence at a trial or hearing a guilty plea with an explanation.

I think Karena thought this would all blow over - but surprise, surprise, Ms. Rosario who’s hiding from everyone, this isn’t going away.

For anyone who has not watched the online episode of Breaking Homicide, it is premiering tonight on TV on ID at 10pm EST. It's definitely worth a watch... Derrick is going to be live tweeting along with the episode at #breakinghomicide

I think Karena did it or is involved. I don’t think the butt dial is a valid thing. I think it’s garbled noise from the club, just noise, nothing significant.

There is lots of circumstantial evidence, IMO, but probably lots more that I’m not even aware of. And yes, I agree that she told LE she left the door unlocked to mislead them into explaining how a killer got in without evidence of forced entry.

I won’t itemize the circumstantial evidence that convinces me, it has all been gone over and around here before. I’ll certainly change my mind if more info comes into play. I think the note and semen are red herrings.

I’ll be watching the ID show, but I expect to be disappointed. I won’t be satisfied until hearing evidence at a trial or hearing a guilty plea with an explanation.

I think Karena thought this would all blow over - but surprise, surprise, Ms. Rosario who’s hiding from everyone, this isn’t going away.

I agree in regards to Karena. It cannot be a coincidence that she felt sick, got Faith to leave the club, then left the apartment and left the door unlocked. Not buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member