OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were in the midst of a custody battle over Hanna's daughter, S. They wanted to take her away from her mother and grandparents. That's not friendly.

It is not wrong for a father to seek legal custody of his child. Whether it be full, partial, joint, etc... S is his child too. That does not automatically make a basis for murdering eight people.

They were in the midst of a custody battle over Hanna's daughter, S. They wanted to take her away from her mother and grandparents. That's not friendly.

If you're thinking more in terms of them being frenemies, I don't pick that up in the relationship, either. Hanna was moving on, didn't want to be in a relationship anymore with JW. That was a good thing, considering his having sex with her at age 14 could be considered statutory rape. She wasn't mature enough to consent to an adult sexual relationship. He was controlling and according to some reports, stalker-ish. It was a positive thing for Hanna that she was finally breaking free of his control of her life and that of his mother.

These people's lives had value and meaning, regardless of their poverty. They deserved to live, not die. They deserve respect in death, not to be regarded as if they were a bunch of people who couldn't tell their friends from their enemies or had no right to control their own lives and futures.

I don't know about their relationship because I wasn't there. No one has spoken to it. It seems that HMR was moving on but that doesn't mean that LM still didn't think of JW as family. He is the father of his great -grandchild. Look at the Rs. Once an R, always an R. Even KR's ex-wife said that and seems to mourn him. My parents considered my ex as "family" b/c we have children together. He didn't come to anymore of our things, but they were still nice to him, even though he was a total, and complete, jerk, because he was the father of my children, and that's why I think that LM would still refer to at the very least, JW, that way.

It is not wrong for a father to seek legal custody of his child. Whether it be full, partial, joint, etc... S is his child too. That does not automatically make a basis for murdering eight people.

Prosecutor Junk seems to think otherwise. If the W family is suspected by LE of being involved in the Rhoden murders, they shouldn't have custody of the kids. JW has a lot of suspicion surrounding him, has since the beginning.

I don't know about their relationship because I wasn't there. No one has spoken to it. It seems that HMR was moving on but that doesn't mean that LM still didn't think of JW as family. He is the father of his great -grandchild. Look at the Rs. Once an R, always an R. Even KR's ex-wife said that and seems to mourn him. My parents considered my ex as "family" b/c we have children together. He didn't come to anymore of our things, but they were still nice to him, even though he was a total, and complete, jerk, because he was the father of my children, and that's why I think that LM would still refer to at the very least, JW, that way.

LM was unhappy that he only got to see his granddaughter once after the murders. He's unhappy that they took her off to AK with no contact. That seems like a pretty natural response to the situation. Innocent young children shouldn't be raised by cold blooded killers, even if they're parents.

Being religious doesn't place them above suspicion.

But they may be mass killers or people who arranged the murders of 8 members of a family.

They're not nice people and they weren't friends of the Rhoden family. People who murder an entire family don't have any love or affection in their hearts for the victims. It's cruel and grotesque portray their relationship with the dead family in such a glowing, sentimental manner.

I also don't think there was any love lost between the R's and the W's. I think the primary source of contention became the custody of S. I think HR was showing definite signs that she was way beyond being "over" her romance with JW and the W's knew she wouldn't be coming back to them with S in tow. Since HR had other boyfriends, there may have also been concerns that HR would end up married to or living with another man, who would be raising S.

JMO.

This thread is very long. I'm working on a new one. This thread will close in about 10 minutes.

If you're thinking more in terms of them being frenemies, I don't pick that up in the relationship, either. Hanna was moving on, didn't want to be in a relationship anymore with JW. That was a good thing, considering his having sex with her at age 14 could be considered statutory rape. She wasn't mature enough to consent to an adult sexual relationship. He was controlling and according to some reports, stalker-ish. It was a positive thing for Hanna that she was finally breaking free of his control of her life and that of his mother.

These people's lives had value and meaning, regardless of their poverty. They deserved to live, not die. They deserve respect in death, not to be regarded as if they were a bunch of people who couldn't tell their friends from their enemies or had no right to control their own lives and futures.

I don't think that I have ever said, nor alluded to, any of that, nor have I, nor would I, disrespect this family. I lived this life. So I know a bit about poverty, and how things work when you are living in poverty. The Rs didn't seem to ask for anyone's pity, much like the rest of the region. They made do, but, I will say, that there's been many people who have been stolen from, sold out, and murdered, by their "friends", as well as their own blood, when they start dealing in anything illegal. You will rub elbows with folks who will appear to be one thing but they are not. To not realize that is naive. Someone seems to have appeared that way to the Rs, because they didn't seem to know it was coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam