OK OK - Lauria Bible, 16, & Ashley Freeman, 16, Welch, 30 December 1999 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really irritates me that the local authorities and the OSBI botched this case from the very beginning. How can you not even find a body and then allow the family to show up the next day to find it? There is no excuse for this blunder. If you read the affidavit you will discover that the two family hired private investigators had the clue to solve this case TWO DAYS after the murder, fire and disappearances of the girls. The insurance card solved the case! And when the card was found the girls were no doubt still alive! The old Sheriff's Department and OSBI should be ashamed!

"The girlfriend showed her a Polaroid photo that she said belonged to Welch and that she was keeping as leverage against him to keep him from killing her."

Call me crazy, but there's also the option of going to the police and then he gets locked up and can't kill you.

For real.

I’m amazed at how long these people were on the radar, rumors, how many people apparently talked. I live in Tulsa and this case is still spoken of. I accidentally drove through Picher once (despite how dangerous it is, there is STILL an active road going through the center of town) and I remember thinking “if you were going to dump a body this would be the place to do it.” Sinkholes, mine shafts, chat piles, no one around. Absolutely horrifying.

It really irritates me that the local authorities and the OSBI botched this case from the very beginning. How can you not even find a body and then allow the family to show up the next day to find it? There is no excuse for this blunder. If you read the affidavit you will discover that the two family hired private investigators had the clue to solve this case TWO DAYS after the murder, fire and disappearances of the girls. The insurance card solved the case! And when the card was found the girls were no doubt still alive! The old Sheriff's Department and OSBI should be ashamed!

The pending lawsuit by the Freemans for their son Shane's death (shot by a deputy) probably had a lot to do with Craig counties apathy in investigating the case initially. It's too bad, because there seemed to be a lot of missed opportunities to get a quick resolution to the case and potentially even save Ashley and Lauria's lives.

Hmmmm.......

Also from your link -

"After Dugan died in 2009, his family attempted to turn over his investigation files to then-Craig County Sheriff Jimmie Sooter, who turned them down, the affidavit states. The family destroyed the files.Investigators who cracked the case said they received a crate full of reports and files in February 2017 from Craig County Sheriff Heath Winfrey shortly after he succeeded Sooter. Investigators described finding in the crate critical information that was not in the OSBI’s case file, including the names of people they subsequently interviewed."

Were these suspects confidential informants or something? WTH. This is super fishy, imho.

I'm reading through the court docs and I am SO ANGRY about all this. They knew in January 2001 that Welch, Busick and Pennington were involved. They may not have had evidence, but they were given a bunch of details by a witness. So ALL THIS TIME this has been some crazy unsolved case with SO MUCH speculation and they basically KNEW what happened. Ugh...

... and critical files and evidence was “turned down” or removed from the OSBI file?!!? Ugh. I’m angry, too, kchoney!!

Anybody wonder if one of the girls managed to kick or throw that insurance card out of the car as a desperate clue for police?
Possibly, they threw it while running. Courageous and desperate young teens.

They, OSBI & FBI,are going to bring this long overdue issue to a close. They need to arrest the scum that have pledged "mum" all these years. Thank you,

This is so frustrating. The PI's basically had this solved way back in the beginning.

“The three men who police believe kidnapped two teenage girls in Oklahoma in 1999 before raping and killing them often 'bragged' about the murders, witnesses said.

More than a dozen people interviewed by police provided chilling and disturbing details about the days and months following the abduction of Ashley Freeman and her friend Lauria Bible.

The two girls, both 16, vanished from a Welch, Oklahoma home on December 30, 1999 after Freeman's parents were murdered.

Multiple unnamed witnesses told investigators that the suspects - Ronnie Dean Busick, Warren Welch and David Pennington - boasted about Polaroid images they took of the teens bound and gagged with duct tape.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-photos-teens-bound-gagged.html#ixzz5Dd7kpeHu

What an evil horrific crime this is.

Evil! There is no reason for this man to draw another breath *unless* it is to disclose the exact location of their remains.

Surely those who saw the Polaroids and didnt come forward know they carry burden & guilt for what was done. And they will eventually be judged for these heinous crimes against Gods own children.

2 have met their Maker , receiving just reward & condemnation. Seems there are more to follow in their footsteps.

I hate to sound like a Bible thumping hillbilly , but Good Lord have mercy on our children & grandchildren in a world full of filth such as those 3 revolting murderers, rapists, kidnappers...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

They shoud charge everyone they can prove knew it as accessory after the fact. This makes me sick!

Will there be a new effort to search pits and mine shafts for the girls? Can Texas Equusearch be brought in for that type of search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998