CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mind blown. I always thought it would be solved but that the guy would be long dead by then. Wow.

Sounds like his wife was/is a lawyer. Not sure when they married though.

I haven’t read anything about his wife’s profession. Do you have a link? I certainly could have missed it.

Read about the break this morning. Really cool.

One question: why has the moniker Original Night Stalker fallen away? I haven't followed the day to day details of the case, so it has been a bit confusing after seeing ONS/EAR over the years.

Cheers!

People were confused by the Original Night Stalker name - many thought that it referred to Richard Ramirez, who of course had already been captured and is now deceased.

To highlight that she was talking about a very much alive and (until today!) unidentified killer entirely distinct from Richard Ramirez the journalist / author Michelle McNamara was a proponent of using the Golden State Killer moniker - and when the FBI held their major press conference in 2016 they used GSK as well.

Whoa this is getting way more interesting. Who would have thought?

I haven’t read anything about his wife’s profession. Do you have a link? I certainly could have missed it.

People tracked her down through the Ancestry genealogy boards where you can find the name of his wife and kids. There's a very negative Yelp review for an attorney with his wife's name practicing where they lived. Also, the older daughter's twitter had shown her educational credentials & that she is a doctor (MD), but everything has now been deleted (can't blame her at all; imagine finding out all of this about your dad in your mid-30s!). Successful family.

When an alert popped up on my phone that the FBI had someone under arrest, I almost fell out of my chair. I feel so overwhelmed for the survivors and victims. Also the investigators. So grateful that this day has finally come for all of them. Cannot wait for the details. I hope this ***** (self censored) suffers and being caught is humiliating and defeating. Nothing could be enough though.

does anyone have a link for the press conference? (i'm unclear if it's starting in 25 mins, or in one hour and 25.) i am in sweden, so most of the local news channels won't work for me over here. i am GLUED to twitter right now. this is so amazing. thanks!

It's at 2 p.m. my time and I'm pretty sure you guys are 7 hours ahead of me, so 9 pm yours?

I believe his parent live there he would be Joe sr. So maybe billed to his father?

I feel so bad for his family. He's destroyed so many families including his own.

People tracked her down through the Ancestry genealogy boards where you can find the name of his wife and kids. There's a very negative Yelp review for an attorney with his wife's name practicing where they lived. Also, the older daughter's twitter had shown her educational credentials & that she is a doctor (MD), but everything has now been deleted (can't blame her at all; imagine finding out all of this about your dad in your mid-30s!). Successful family.

From Fox 40:

Reporter has spoken to neighbors, one of whom said DeAngelo had lived there for over 30 years. Another said he was a relatively nice guy, but, as several neighbor's mentioned, they would often hear DeAngelo cursing loudly.

Neighbors also said they would see him outside doing a lot of projects and helping other neighbors with building projects.

One neighbor had even heard the Fox podcast about EAR/ONS/GSK, and had spent time googling it afterwards. They said they never would have suspected it was his very own neighbor.

ID channel is replaying the golden state killer right now. Direct Tv 285 Great series.

ID channel is replaying the golden state killer right now. Direct Tv 285 Great series.

I’ve got it on the background. Chilling to hear about the murders, rapes and investigation in light of the arrest.

I’m so thankful he has been caught. I hope his arrest and ultimate conviction can help put the survivors and families of the killed to close a horrific time in their lives.

Whoa this is getting way more interesting. Who would have thought?

Makes sense he married a lawyer. He knew he'd need her help one day.
ETA: He may have asked her questions about other cases not knowing he was using that info to cover his own tracks. It would depend on what type of attorney she is.

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article209792989.html
Paul Sanchietti, who lives a quarter-block away, described DeAngelo as "the odd neighbor" who cursed loudly while working in his front yard.

"He was aggravated or upset, his voice would carry, his swearing was alarming," Sanchietti said. "But he seemed to calm down in the last few years."

Neighbors said they believed DeAngelo lived in the home with at least one other person, and they reported seeing DeAngelo working in his front yard as recently as Tuesday, building a table. A Toyota and a Volvo sat in the meticulously maintained garage Wednesday morning.

Kevin Tapia said he grew up in a home behind DeAngelo and is now raising his own family there. In more than three decades, Tapia said his family has often had angry run-ins with DeAngelo.

"He had a lot of verbal altercations with my parents," Tapia said.

Tapia described DeAngelo as extremely meticulous, to the point of having permanent markings on his driveway so he could be exact in parking his boat. He said he talked to DeAngelo as recently as a week ago about a motorcycle mechanic.
DeAngelo was married in fall 1973 to the former Sharon Marie Huddle of Citrus Heights, according to a wedding announcement in The Sacramento Bee. The announcement described DeAngelo, who also became known as the Golden State Killer, as a graduate of Folsom High School and Sacramento State.

The wedding was held at Auburn First Congregational Church.

I'm really interested to know how they focused in on him. I wonder if there was a tip after all of the recent shows, Michelle's book etc ??

I'm gonna go ahead and guess one of his children helped with DNA comparison, like the daughter of BTK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member