CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Law enforcement are being very cautious about what kind of DNA led them to suspect, saying it will come out as investigation moves forward! I'm thinking the tip and DNA came from a relative.

All this renewed interest - book, podcasts, tv specials, proposed HBO doc series and then he is nailed. Coincidence? I don't think so. It got to the tipster. Had to. Again, just my opinion. ACD74

An opinion I share. And as someone who has worked in the public sector, I can tell you nothing will light a fire under a DA/Sheriff/Chief of Police like publicity about a case. That's how "unlimited resources" get unlocked.

All this renewed interest - book, podcasts, tv specials, proposed HBO doc series and then he is nailed. Coincidence? I don't think so. It got to the tipster. Had to. Again, just my opinion. ACD74

$50,000 for info leading to the arrest was pretty decent incentive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No freaking way! Holy moly, what an insane development. I raced here after seeing a headline, need to go read up. This truly has been an amazing year for identification of the unidentified and solving of cold cases.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I’m so curious about the DNA. The way the were answering questions about it I wonder if one of his kids or some other related person did a DNA kit like Ancestry or 23&me and matched the sample they had or maybe a relative was arrested and had dna taken and was matched that way?

Yeah, I would like to know because that's what they did. They did submitt his DNA to commercial testing websites a while ago like 23andMe and Ancestry. I'm sure they did FTDNA as well and did a Y-DNA BIG-Y test to trace his paternal lineage to his surname identification. I took one over a year ago and my Y-DNA matched my surname to other men and their male ancestors from hundreds of years ago. From the ID Channel, it was verified that they did the Parabon NanoLabs Snaphot of his DNA that probably produced his possible closeness of his face, but they never revealed it to the public because they wanted this guy alive and unaware until the time to arrest him

Law enforcement are being very cautious about what kind of DNA led them to suspect, saying it will come out as investigation moves forward! I'm thinking the tip and DNA came from a relative.

"Discarded DNA" to me, means something he tossed away, like a coke can, cigarette butt, uneaten food...

Wonder whether he (DeAngelo) read the book, watched the series, etc.

I agree. Like I said I have lived near Sacramento my whole life and had never heard about this case until Michelle's book.

"Discarded DNA" to me, means something he tossed away, like a coke can, cigarette butt, uneaten food...

Yep, Trace DNA. All they had to was get some from his front door knob or a driver side car door and the results matched the other crimes!

I just feel that to NOT mention any of these things at the press conference is absurd.

An opinion I share. And as someone who has worked in the public sector, I can tell you nothing will light a fire under a DA/Sheriff/Chief of Police like publicity about a case. That's how "unlimited resources" get unlocked.

Yeah, I would like to know because that's what they did. They did submitt his DNA to commercial testing websites a while ago like 23andMe and Ancestry. I'm sure they did FTDNA as well and did a Y-DNA BIG-Y test to trace his paternal lineage to his surname identification. I took one over a year ago and my Y-DNA matched my surname to other men and their male ancestors from hundreds of years ago. From the ID Channel, it was verified that they did the Parabon NanoLabs Snaphot of his DNA that probably produced his possible closeness of his face, but they never revealed it to the public because they wanted this guy alive and unaware until the time to arrest him

Yea even if the Zodiac is long dead I am hoping the familial DNA advances might possibly narrow down his identity too! This guy would be too young to be Zodiac right? Too tall? just my 2 cents

Another post-press conference article --

Snipped:

DeAngelo was arrested after police matched discarded DNA evidence from his Sacramento area home with genetic evidence from the crimes, Ventura County District Attorney Greg Totten said.

180425160006-joseph-james-deangelo-golden-state-killer-mugshot-large-tease.jpg

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/25/us/golden-state-killer-development/index.html

Attachments

• 180425160006-joseph-james-deangelo-golden-state-killer-mugshot-large-tease.jpg
    180425160006-joseph-james-deangelo-golden-state-killer-mugshot-large-tease.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 90
They matched some DNA he discarded while they were surveilling him to DNA from the crime scenes.

Who knows, he could have stopped at a Starbucks and left his empty cup on a table. When he left, detectives took it and tested it. One possible scenario.
Right, what I’m talking about is what initially led them to look at him 6 days ago...before they obtained his discarded sample. They mentioned in the press conference while speaking about the DNA that they had to rule out some other stuff after the tip 6 days ago. If they matched a family members DNA they would have to rule out other people to get to the right one that is a perfect DNA match.

I agree. Like I said I have lived near Sacramento my whole life and had never heard about this case until Michelle's book.

I've lived here (Sacramento) all my life and knew about the East Side Rapist. We were all cautioned to be wary and stay safe. Of course, I'm in my mid 50s, so it may be an age issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong