CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's a weird question, but i have to wonder why he stopped ?

Maybe he didn't stop, maybe he's part of some missing persons cases.
Seems once DNA because something is around when it stopped.
Maybe he started kidnapping his victims. Just a thought.

This has been a long time coming, and I'm SO glad he's still alive to face the consequences. But, really, what's the worst that will happen to him? California only retains the death penalty as a plea bargaining chip. As punishment for 12 murders he'll live out his days watching TV and lounging around, 3 meals a day and full health coverage.

I'm sure the usual suspects are salivating over the chance to defend him in court.

The type of 3 meals a day and health coverage he can expect on Death Row will be a huge step down from what he's used to.

I really wonder what he did for work after he was let go from the PD, if it was a job that took him to other areas of the country that leads to entirely new avenues of inquiry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really wonder what he did for work after he was let go from the PD, if it was a job that took him to other areas of the country that leads to entirely new avenues of inquiry.

He was a truck mechanic before he retired but I don't know how long he'd been doing that for.

James Huddle, whose sister married Joseph James DeAngelo, did not know DeAngelo had been arrested in the serial killer case until speaking with an Oxygen.com reporter.

He described Deangelo, a 72-year-old former police officer, as a "good father" who was into guns and ammunition as a hobby. He said Deangelo and his wife raised three daughters, and were separated at some point.

Huddle recalled Deangelo once casually bringing up the East Area Rapist case in the early 1970s.

"He actually asked me about it once," Huddle told Oxygen.com. "He said, 'What do you think of that East Area Rapist? What would you do, Jim?'"

Huddle said he told Deangelo that he'd attack the rapist if he caught him.

The case "was a big deal at the time," Huddle said. "We were all concerned about our families."

He said Deangelo never again mentioned the case.

http://www.oxygen.com/joseph-james-deangelo-golden-state-killer-relative-rapes?amp

Websleuths is The Best!! You all always find and have more info than even...........such as the press conference. Things I want to know asap. Thank you. Back to reading.

My Big Question: They did not have ANY idea about this suspect until 6 days ago, and I'm wondering: Do ALL law Enforcement collect DNA samples of their Force, and if not, why not?

Also, despite the officer saying that nothing in Michele's book led them to THIS man, it's clear that her book and ALL THE OTHER PUBLICITY, including possibly Websleuths, amped up the interest, the public curiosity and exposure and maybe even led to whatever it was that enabled them to zoom in on this man 6 days ago, before they took DNA from the discarded DNA piece.

I'm thinking it was the brilliant forensic drawing (sorry, forgot artist name, my apologies...someone fill in here---OK, found it: it was one of the Maggiore composites, and still not sure who drew it). I think LE looked at that photo and ran some kind of reverse photo ID program against their own former employees in the entire six-county area for those period of time he was active, then Bingo.

he still got away with murder/rape/etc ....great that they caught him--but his evil was still able to succeed

I can't imagine how his neighbors feel, his friends acquaintances, and worst of all his family...daughters.

A number of years ago I had a neighbor, FBI came to see me and wanted to know what I knew about him... ...Not much really other than he appeared to do well since he had a Ferrari. They told me yes, he had expensive tastes,...too much so....he was CIA, a double agent AND a hit man. Gah! He disappeared so fast...never found out if he was apprehended.

You never know.....ugh.

My Big Question: They did not have ANY idea about this suspect until 6 days ago, and I'm wondering: Do ALL law Enforcement collect DNA samples of their Force, and if not, why not?

Also, despite the officer saying that nothing in Michele's book led them to THIS man, it's clear that her book and ALL THE OTHER PUBLICITY, including possibly Websleuths, amped up the interest, the public curiosity and exposure and maybe even led to whatever it was that enabled them to zoom in on this man 6 days ago, before they took DNA from the discarded DNA piece.

I'm thinking it was the brilliant forensic drawing (sorry, forgot artist name, my apologies...someone fill in here). I think LE looked at that photo and ran some kind of reverse photo ID program against their own former employees in the entire six-county area for those period of time he was active, then Bingo.

He was fired from the Auburn Police in 1979 and I’m sure they did not take DNA back then.

I had heard the Goleta murders had micro amounts of paint chips at the crime scene. Paint that wasn't associated to the victims or their household. The type of paint and its color was said to come from a nearby paint store in a Santa Barbara mall at the time of the killings, leading to the theory that the killer worked in construction or was a contractor in the area. They also think he might have worked at the store too.

Interesting, do you have a link?

I'm sorry, I can't remember where I read it. I think it might be in the interview with his brother in law included in the link in Katherine's post above yours.

Right, what I’m talking about is what initially led them to look at him 6 days ago...before they obtained his discarded sample. They mentioned in the press conference while speaking about the DNA that they had to rule out some other stuff after the tip 6 days ago. If they matched a family members DNA they would have to rule out other people to get to the right one that is a perfect DNA match.

Wondering what kind of tip LE received that turned them on to this man?? I guess we will have to wait for the trial.

100% - zero mention of the book, podcasts, recent tv specials at press conference. Guy just lands in their laps six days ago. Would it have happened if not for the renewed interest? I highly doubt it.

I'm thinking it was the brilliant forensic drawing (sorry, forgot artist name, my apologies...someone fill in here). I think LE looked at that photo and ran some kind of reverse photo ID program against their own former employees in the entire six-county area for those period of time he was active, then Bingo.

attachment.php
attachment.php

DeAndelo would've still been on the force when the town hall photo was taken. I wonder if he was there but on duty.......

I wonder if DeAngelo lurked here on Websleuths or was a member who posted in the threads?

During HLN coverage today, a neighbor of DeAngelo was interviewed by phone and mentioned that a daughter and granddaughter of DeAngelo’s recently moved in with him. Wondering if something was found by either of them that triggered a tip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood