WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 #14 *Guilty*

What a long journey. I wonder how Lena feels tonight, all alone in her jail cell. Does she feel remorse, guilt even? I'm so happy this woman will never again be able to procreate, abuse, neglect, or kill another child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

During Wednesday’s appearance on MetroNews “Talkline” with Hoppy Kercheval, Dyer said an appeal likely will center on the inability to find an impartial jury pool in Lewis County.

“The group that she was speaking to, I believe, was under such enormous pressure being a part of the very small, closely knit community where these events happened,” he said. “Are you going to be able to return to work, to your church group, to the Little League ballfield and face a group of people who are going to stare daggers for you if you voted not guilty?

“Once the decision was made to have this trial in Lewis County, it was over.”

[talking in riddles IMO]
“I think a clinical academic analysis of the evidence — if you had had time to come and sit through the five or six days and heard what everybody heard — you’d be hard-pressed to suggest that a not guilty verdict may not have been appropriate here,” Dyer said. “It certainly deserved a lot of consideration at the very least.”

“I bet if you had drug in five or six of the bailiffs, who I consider to be independent onlookers, their view after the case closed … they expected a not guilty verdict,” Dyer said. [ :sick: ]

[...]

Dyer concluded his “pitch on appeal” will be that the jury made a decision not based on a “clinical academic analysis of the law and the facts.”

http://wvmetronews.com/2018/04/25/d...could-center-on-location-of-last-weeks-trial/

I don't think I've ever come across such a deluded individual as Dyer.

Didn't Dyer try for a change of venue and the judge denied it?

I found it!

First on 5: Judge denies change of venue request for Lunsford-Conaway trial

Lewis County Chief Circuit Judge Jake Reger has denied a motion by Lena Lunsford-Conaway's defense to move the venue of her trial from Lewis County.

Lunsford-Conaway's defense filed the request in November, stating they did not believe she could have a fair trial due to the public's knowledge of the case.

http://www.wdtv.com/content/news/Ju...st-for-Lunsford-Conaway-trial--468343453.html

During Wednesday’s appearance on MetroNews “Talkline” with Hoppy Kercheval, Dyer said an appeal likely will center on the inability to find an impartial jury pool in Lewis County.

“The group that she was speaking to, I believe, was under such enormous pressure being a part of the very small, closely knit community where these events happened,” he said. “Are you going to be able to return to work, to your church group, to the Little League ballfield and face a group of people who are going to stare daggers for you if you voted not guilty?

“Once the decision was made to have this trial in Lewis County, it was over.”

[talking in riddles IMO]
“I think a clinical academic analysis of the evidence — if you had had time to come and sit through the five or six days and heard what everybody heard — you’d be hard-pressed to suggest that a not guilty verdict may not have been appropriate here,” Dyer said. “It certainly deserved a lot of consideration at the very least.”

“I bet if you had drug in five or six of the bailiffs, who I consider to be independent onlookers, their view after the case closed … they expected a not guilty verdict,” Dyer said. [ :sick: ]

[...]

Dyer concluded his “pitch on appeal” will be that the jury made a decision not based on a “clinical academic analysis of the law and the facts.”

http://wvmetronews.com/2018/04/25/d...could-center-on-location-of-last-weeks-trial/

This man is a fool. Run that trial in the South Pole in a language none of the jurors speak, it’d still be guilty. What a buffoon. I hope he gets kidney stones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because Aliayah’s body has never been recovered, Dyer said, finding her remains a possibility.

“I know things that didn’t come out in the trial,” he said. “It’s a possibility. It is a possibility that that body could be recovered at some point. And I hope down the road — and I’ve always hoped this — that we find this little girl somewhere.”

Ask your client to come clean. I've always thought Aliyah was moved shortly after the case blew up in Lena's face.

This man is a fool. Run that trial in the South Pole in a language none of the jurors speak, it’d still be guilty. What a buffoon. I hope he gets kidney stones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed! And he mentions bailiffs. Why would they be impartial while jurors cannot? Presumably the bailiffs are local too? Ridiculous.

MOO as always.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I am so happy to come in today and find out this verdict is in. I would only be happier if that killer told LE where her little remains are to put her to rest.

I am guessing Lena will never admit killing her daughter. I wonder if she has convinced herself that she is innocent.

This article states, “And another detail that was consistent was that neither girl had seen their mother with a shovel en route or at what they believed to be the burial site. Had Conaway buried Aliayah with her hands, the grave likely would have been a shallow one. Predators and the flood-prone nature of the ravine then easily could explain why no trace of the body has been found.”

More at the link: https://www.wvnews.com/news/local/j...cle_05d64fca-6784-5143-b0fd-4fd98ba2d313.html

I am guessing Lena will never admit killing her daughter. I wonder if she has convinced herself that she is innocent.

You know, this is a curious thing I have found in a lot of people. They are able to tell themselves a lie and fully convince themselves of it as if it's the truth! What type of mental disorder or symptom is this associated with? Delusions? I find it very curious. I have family like this. You could have 100 witness + videotype, but they will go to their grave denying something happened as if they believed it themselves!

Lunford Conaway defense attorney to file motions "outside the typical post-trial motions"
http://www.wdtv.com/content/news/Lu...the-typical-post-trial-motions-483075061.html

LEWIS COUNTY, W.Va. (WDTV) -- The defense attorney for Lena Lunsford Conaway says he plans on filing motions that are "outside the typical post-trial motions."

Tom Dyer spoke to 5 news Friday, after we learned a motion hearing for Monday was canceled. Dyer said the scheduled hearing was pretty standard for post-trial convictions, but that he needs more time to file other motions.

What a brave, articulate, confident, young lady. My heart breaks for what happened to Aliayah, but after seeing Destiny's interview. I clearly see how God makes beautiful things out of ashes ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back