What Punishment Should a Pedophile Receive for Sexually Abusing a Child?

What Punishment Should a Pedophile Receive for Sexually Abusing a Child

• Lethal injection

Votes: 80 6.8%
  • Medical castration and life without parole

Votes: 186 15.7%
  • Medical castration with intense therapy and a light prison term

Votes: 25 2.1%
  • Life in prison without parole

Votes: 194 16.4%
  • Life in prison with a chance of parole but only with medical castration

Votes: 95 8.0%
  • Life in prison with a chance of parole.

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • Long prison term with intense counseling then review for possible parole

Votes: 67 5.7%
  • Electric chair death

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • Death, any method that works.

Votes: 172 14.6%
  • Death - unless falsely accused

Votes: 31 2.6%
  • Blind them so they can never see a child again

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • The same punishment as the child did, then death

Votes: 41 3.5%
  • Torture....LOTS of brutal torture....then death.

Votes: 40 3.4%
  • all of the above

Votes: 47 4.0%
  • LWOP in general population

Votes: 60 5.1%
  • SURGICAL castration and LWOP!

Votes: 59 5.0%
  • Permanent psych ward stay

Votes: 13 1.1%
  • Verbatim Quote from BH 'Take him to a cabin in the woods, nail his balls to the floor and set the ca

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Surgical castration, light prison sentence with psychotherapy

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • Surgical castration and a frontal lobotomy followed by LWOP

Votes: 9 0.8%

• Total voters
http://www.duboiscountyfreepress.com/three-accused-of-molesting-4-year-old-girl/

This is an ongoing investigation and is very personal to me. The mother had my grandaughter while still in high school. The families were estranged. My son died. My grandaughter is now 19.

Clear to me Robert Blanford is an open and shut case for lifetime commitment. I have read that on avg an offender of his type harms 117 children!
Jessica is a narcissist who did this to be "the one" with her husband. Her life would have been a trainwreck in any case but I doubt she would have sexually abused a child if it were not for her husband. (that is not meant to be making an excuse for her) I am just saying I don't think she would be a repeat offender.
For her life with possibility of parole.
Then the mother, the one who anguishes my heart, was herself abused and when the child was placed with her parents, I instigated an investigation into them and shortly thereafter the child was removed. I also know the woman married a domestic abuser and a man who abused my grandaughter. Her "programming" if you will, has little concept of normal, I guess. We have not been in contact. But I loved the young woman as I knew her to be. Her crime may be the worst as she is the mother tasked with protecting her child. I admit mitigating circumstances. She is facing 3 felony 1's each with an avg of 30 years each. She worked with the elderly as a CPN. She is 37. The prosecution is going for consecutive sentences, I think I would be ok with concurrent. as I believe serving time will have a great impact on her. Moreso than the others by far.

For those who advocate death..think of daddy telling child..if you tell, they will kill me. no child would tell.

Our justice system failed by giving Robert a very short sentence and he quickly reoffended.

From what I read and think is shown here is that there are different types of sex offenders thus they should be dealt with accordingly.

BTW I voted LWOP

Life Without Parole; with the caveat that it is spent in a Supermax-like facility:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/in...-prison-goulburn/story-e6freuy9-1225710453612

There's a facility in CA talled Coalinga that has 'rehabilitation programs' for RSOs (that rarely lead to parole). Louis Theroux's documentary, 'A Place for Paedophiles':

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/louis-theroux-a-place-for-paedophiles/

If you have to have them somewhere, I guess Coalinga's as good a place as any. It's a fairly desolate town in Central California.

Bobbitt them

I go along with this , or chemical castration, and LWOP. Whatever prevents them from being allowed any pleasure while reliving their horrendous deeds and keeps them out of society. They don't deserve the right to walk among us.

I watched programs which showed interviews of sexual predators and every single one of them stated that it was impossible for them
to not think about sexually assaulting a child
. Sometimes the thoughts were every few hours. The thoughts were so powerful that a few of them said that they would find themselves in their car in front of a park almost automatically.

I firmly believe that castration - chemical or otherwise is the only deterrent for these monsters who prey on children.

The problem with the chemical castration is that the sexual predators said in front of a camera that once released they would stop taking the medication (chemical castration) because the urge to re-offend is as strong as normal people wanting a breath of fresh air.

So that leaves me with the vote I cast - medical castration with LWOP.

I am not a sexual assault survivor and when I hear of their torment it is quite easy to see why some vote for the death penalty. Quite easy.

In a sense it is a life for a life. These assaults affect lives - many lives. Saddens my heart to think of it.

The respect I have for survivors of this is quite overwhelming. I feel honored to read their stories. Bless all of them.

I watched programs which showed interviews of sexual predators and every single one of them stated that it was impossible for them
to not think about sexually assaulting a child
. Sometimes the thoughts were every few hours. The thoughts were so powerful that a few of them said that they would find themselves in their car in front of a park almost automatically.

I firmly believe that castration - chemical or otherwise is the only deterrent for these monsters who prey on children.

The problem with the chemical castration is that the sexual predators said in front of a camera that once released they would stop taking the medication (chemical castration) because the urge to re-offend is as strong as normal people wanting a breath of fresh air.

So that leaves me with the vote I cast - medical castration with LWOP.

I am not a sexual assault survivor and when I hear of their torment it is quite easy to see why some vote for the death penalty. Quite easy.

In a sense it is a life for a life. These assaults affect lives - many lives. Saddens my heart to think of it.

The respect I have for survivors of this is quite overwhelming. I feel honored to read their stories. Bless all of them.

I'm not familiar with chemical castration, so should have done more research. I guess I was thinking it was permanent. But since learning that it isn't, I'm on the same boat with you. There is no way these perverts are going to take medications to stifle their desires or Testosterone levels or whatever it's supposed to do. No. Way. Thus, Physical castration, LWOP is my choice. And thanks for the heads up, Zencompass. :)

Pedophiles can absolutely not be rehabilitated.

Branding, surgical castration and LWOP in a remote facility where they have to work and pay for their own upkeep. And the surgical castration can be performed by the victim's parents if they so choose.

Of course, IMO this will never happen because it would be too hard to get a jury conviction if the punishment were that severe.

Life without parole in a super max prison. They also have to walk around with a red "P" on the front & back of their prison jumpsuit. They also have to be housed in general population. No "protective custody" or special areas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i do not believe rehabilitation is the answer as i don't believe they can be rehabilitated. i also do not believe that chemical castration is the answer because the desire is still there and you don't need a penis to molest a child. i believe they should be left in jail for life.

i do not believe rehabilitation is the answer as i don't believe they can be rehabilitated. i also do not believe that chemical castration is the answer because the desire is still there and you don't need a penis to molest a child. i believe they should be left in jail for life.
g
Chemical castration does work for some. They do not have sexual desires. I am not sure how well known it is but nursing homes that I have worked in often have to give elderly men female hormones to prevent them from attacking nurses and female residents.
It may not work on younger more virile men, though.

Drop them all off in the middle of nowhere (as long as there's fences for the animals) chained together and just leave them!! Let them figure it out! Disgusting pigs

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

g
Chemical castration does work for some. They do not have sexual desires. I am not sure how well known it is but nursing homes that I have worked in often have to give elderly men female hormones to prevent them from attacking nurses and female residents.
It may not work on younger more virile men, though.

Very interesting. They were probably flying under the radar with that in the nursing homes. I was the office administrator for home office of a national (US) chain of SNFs and ALFs and our staff weren’t even allowed per government regulations to ASK the residents to, say, take it to a bedroom. That is kind of frightening for unnecessary medication to be used as a “restraint.”

We asked for a life sentence for my ex-husband who sexually assaulted/raped our daughter on 4 occasions. Ultimately he received 5yrs for each charge of Aggravated Sexual Assault of Child Under 14, and 2yrs for Indecent Exposure. The terms were most disgustingly, to be served concurrently so he is servin only 5yrs for the life sentence he gave our child [emoji20][emoji35]

We asked for a life sentence for my ex-husband who sexually assaulted/raped our daughter on 4 occasions. Ultimately he received 5yrs for each charge of Aggravated Sexual Assault of Child Under 14, and 2yrs for Indecent Exposure. The terms were most disgustingly, to be served concurrently so he is servin only 5yrs for the life sentence he gave our child [emoji20][emoji35]

This is heartbreaking. Angering and heartbreaking. This justice system is so messed up. I hope you and your family are doing as well as possible!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

:O That's a complete injustice! And I always had thought that TX justice system was much better than ours. I'm so sorry.

I voted, Death, by any means.

:O That's a complete injustice! And I always had thought that TX justice system was much better than ours. I'm so sorry.

I voted, Death, by any means.

Yes - we are harsh most of the time but Montgomery County was where crimes and therefore trial took place and the jury failed us. What’s nuts is the defense offered literally NO WITNESSES or testimony! No alternative theory or anything! WTH??

Yes - we are harsh most of the time but Montgomery County was where crimes and therefore trial took place and the jury failed us. What’s nuts is the defense offered literally NO WITNESSES or testimony! No alternative theory or anything! WTH??

This is terrible.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I am so sorry, you were let down so deeply. Seems as if the judge fell flat and failed you big time. Both you and your daughter. I hope she is doing better now? How could anyone do that to a child, to anyone. To their own :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back