CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people have suggested either going incognito or clearing history/cache to bypass the paywall.
It never works for me (incognito) because I have JavaScript disabled and it needs to be enabled to view most webpages.

Yeah, I’m reading on my iPad, with the tapatalk app. It’s just not as simple with tapatalk. Tapatalk has its own browser, so links typically open in the Tapatalk browser. When you hit your limit, it is possible to open a link in either Chrome or Safari. But when you hit your limit in those, then you have to jump thru extra hoops to get it to open in an incognito tab in Chrome or Safari. Not impossible, but a PIA. (Also, clearing cookies on the iPad is a PIA.)

Just depends on how much I really want to go to that much trouble to read that particular article. And when I’m catching up on posts, I usually don’t want to go to the trouble.

MOO

IMO, he was still a predator up to the day he was caught, just one who operated differently. I think he probably moved on to "easier" victims like prostitutes and older women, but at some point in the last 10-15 yrs I'm sure he actually did stop killing. At that point, he probably found a willing partner who would allow him to exert enough control and dole out enough abuse of all types to satisfy his "needs." I'm sure it would have been easy for him to find a younger woman/women who would trade this for him taking care of her financially to some degree.

I began running various searches on the Murder Accountability Project's database yesterday to try and find any unsolved murders after 1986 that stood out. I haven't found too much yet, but it is clearly obvious from the results as to when he was the most active and that by 1995 he had almost certainly stopped killing (at least in California and/or began disposing of victims' bodies). Although, there are several known murders of his that aren't in the database, so it is likely that unknowns belonging to him aren't in there either.

Side Note: It is terrifying to see how many unsolved murders there still are from the late 70's to mid 80's in CA that almost certainly belong to several different serials.

Yeah I read it that he tooted his horn at the guy who then went up to him and gave him a glasgow kiss. But it wasn't a criminal assault but a claim for injury and medical costs from what I could ascertain from the document. Why didn't he call the cops if he was assaulted?

The article I read allied it a “cocoa-butt”. Never heard of either a “cocoa-butt” or a “glasgow kiss”, must be regional expressions, but I’m pretty sure it’s what I would call a “head-butt”.

Also, the article I read said there was an off-duty cop nearby who witnessed whole thing.

Actuall, I don’t think it was an article, I think it was a court doc. I’ll look for the link and edit my post when/if I find it.

Eta: it was post #220 in this thread

MOO

The Sacramento Bee and Walt Grey (channel 10 news) are in the hearing right now. If you want to follow Walt Gray on Facebook, he's the main local journalist for this story, and posts stuff pretty quick. I sent him a message last night asking about this hearing and he replied to me at 4 a.m. that he'd be there.

Walt Gray's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/WaltGrayNe...xT3QJRcgYhqhwJvKulQf4KFoLj8us7dPnUDU4&fref=nf

RSBM

Since all doctor visits are free here (as is all basic health care), doctors notes cost money so people can't just get out of work for the sniffles. There are exceptions though...such as being seen by an urgent care or ER doctor. Doctors notes are free in those instances.

IMO
I wish. I'll be paying for last winter's issues for several winters to come. Even with insurance. Yay USA.
/sarcasm

Thank you for your response though, that makes sense.

He attacks and murders totally innocent people and when someone rails on him, he thinks he is entitled to justice?

Curiouser,and curiouser.
Who was the Off duty Sheriffs officer that testified for him? Hmmmmmm.
After he was fired for shoplifting,freaking out,and we now know threatening to kill his boss who fired him from the force.
Geeee I wonder how he knew what phones were tapped.
Clearly he had at least one LEO friend.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article210278814.html

His attorney wants the court "to enjoin the district attorney from taking further DNA, major case prints or body photographs from DeAngelo", really? Get the DNA and run it a third time to be thorough. This monster is alleged to have committed ~12 murders and 50 rapes.

Absurd.

His attorney wants the court "to enjoin the district attorney from taking further DNA, major case prints or body photographs from DeAngelo", really? Get the DNA and run it a third time to be thorough. This monster is alleged to have committed ~12 murders and 50 rapes.

Absurd.

If you take that sentence apart, could she be asking that items found in his house not be run for DNA or further prints? If he kept mementos, she might not want it to be discovered who they belonged to.

Absurd.

I thought that meant his attorney wants to prevent more DNA or prints or photos from being taken. Enjoin? Never heard that word before.
Eta - looked it up - in law "enjoin" = "prohibit".
Hmmm. I don't think that will happen.

Absurd.

It’s her job. It’s not absurd. It’s what defense attorneys do and without her doing her job, he then has grounds for years of appeals down the road. She knows it and the DA knows it.

Wow. So which investigator,LEO was still friends with him? Talking with him, sharing inside information?
Where did that leak come from?
WTH?
Did he have a partner? Still on the force?
Could this explain why some victims say he had someone with him, possibly two others, the mystery woman?
Questerfiles touches on two suspects in the Maggiorie murders, being looked at,and cleared, in spite of some investigors reservations. Hmmmmmm.That makes me think they were Leo's. The one suspect ( mustache)sketch is a dead ringer for DeAngelo.
Was the other suspect still on the force,and his inside man?
This is huge.

I want to know if he had help. Who was the mystery, woman? Who was he calling during the attacks?

If you take that sentence apart, could she be asking that items found in his house not be run for DNA or further prints? If he kept mementos, she might not want it to be discovered who they belonged to.
Could be. In other words prevent LE investigating properly.

The article I read allied it a “cocoa-butt”. Never heard of either a “cocoa-butt” or a “glasgow kiss”, must be regional expressions, but I’m pretty sure it’s what I would call a “head-butt”.

Also, the article I read said there was an off-duty cop nearby who witnessed whole thing.

Actuall, I don’t think it was an article, I think it was a court doc. I’ll look for the link and edit my post when/if I find it.

Eta: it was post #220 in this thread

MOO

A cocoa-butt was a pro wrestling move used by Bobo Brazil, a wrestler active back in the 60s. It involved him head butting his opponents. Fans would call out "Butt, butt, cocoa butt." during his matches.

I want to know if he had help. Who was the mystery, woman? Who was he calling during the attacks?

Could the woman’s voice have just been JJD? Some have speculated that he had a higher pitched voice, and would sometimes disguise his voice during his attacks. Maybe he was able to sound like a woman?

MOO

http://fox40.com/2018/05/02/suspect...k-in-court-for-sealed-search-warrant-hearing/

SACRAMENTO — The suspected East Area Rapist appeared in court Wednesday morning for a sealed search warrant hearing.
Dianne Howard, the attorney of 72-year-old Joseph James DeAngelo, filed a motion to stop a search warrant. In response, the District Attorney filed an opposition to the defense’s motion.
The judge pushed the hearing back to Thursday morning to have more time to review each motion.
[...]

A lot of cops have legitimate second jobs. It would be good to see what he put on his CV to get that Savemart truck mechanic job. I bet he didn't list the shoplifting at Pay n Save.

Oh yeah, I know cops often have second jobs (as do fire fighters). Just thought his second job was raping & pillaging. Wasn’t sure he’d have time for yet another job involving paint at the same time.

MOO

He likes to blame everyone else for all his problems........& being a plaintiff in this situation shows he's playing the victim card.

He could have been a true victim here, who knows, but I bet he was relishing in the moment until the defendant didn't show up.

The defendant gave Deangelo a few loose teeth up front.......I wonder if he didn't go on any crime spree after the defendant didn't show up.
I question if the person who assaulted him did it because of his behavior towards someone or suspected him of anything to do with a rape case in the area.
We'll probably never know!
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

http://fox40.com/2018/05/02/suspect...k-in-court-for-sealed-search-warrant-hearing/

SACRAMENTO — The suspected East Area Rapist appeared in court Wednesday morning for a sealed search warrant hearing.
Dianne Howard, the attorney of 72-year-old Joseph James DeAngelo, filed a motion to stop a search warrant. In response, the District Attorney filed an opposition to the defense’s motion.
The judge pushed the hearing back to Thursday morning to have more time to review each motion.
[...]

Article says he appeared in court. Wonder whether he was still in a wheelchair?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member