CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think it's absurd to not extract DNA from a person who is being accused of multiple serious felonies? You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I think it should be standard procedure.

:cow:

I didn’t say that it’s not absurd personally but that defense counsel has to do everything legally available to them to mount a vigorous defense. I haven’t read the motions yet but I’m also sure she isn’t filing frivolous motions for the sake of it. She has to back up said motions with applicable statutes and law. She will probably lose but that’s okay because that will be one less appealable issue he will have down the road.

What if this never happened had a buddy lie for him. The injury was caused by a victim during an assault but needed an excuse why his front teeth were loose for friends, family esp the wife?
LE/deputy may not know why he was asked to cover for him.
The defendant didn't show up huh?
If anything like that happened, it either was not reported to police or they have not released that information.
Matter of fact, I am certain there is a LOT that has not been released!
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Which victims know he had an accomplice? I’ll admit, I’m no expert. Just want to go look at the victim statements for those witnesses because I’m not buying the accomplice angle just yet. Not arguing with you, just want to educate myself. Also, not asking for links, just want to know which victims know he had an accomplice. TIA.

MOO

It's in Hunting a Psychopath by Richard Shelby.

Fingerprints are required for a passport now.
I'm not sure when that went into effect.
I imagine that is why he is still here. Don't they also do some kind of background check as well since 9/11?
He would want to avoid that at all cost!
Moo

Fingerprints aren't required for U.S. passports.

https://getawaytips.azcentral.com/fingerprint-requirements-for-usa-passports-12298732.html

It seems as though applying for a United States passport would require an extreme number of hoops to jump through, but it remains a relatively easy process. It does require copies of certain documents as well as allowing for turnaround time, but overall it remains something each citizen can accomplish with ease.
No Fingerprints Required

What if this never happened had a buddy lie for him. The injury was caused by a victim during an assault but needed an excuse why his front teeth were loose for friends, family esp the wife?

The head butting incident happened in March 1983. There are no known attacks by EAR/ONS in 1982-85.

edited to clean up my typos

MOO

Do we have a link to JJD having a LE buddy testifying for him? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I too assumed the photos were of his own being.

It's in Hunting a Psychopath by Richard Shelby.

Thanks, it’s on my to-read list. I was hoping for names of the victims, though, so I could go down that rabbit hole today. lol.

MOO

I imagine that is why he is still here. Don't they also do some kind of background check as well since 9/11?
Moo

I had my fingerprints taken for my job with a corporation that contracts with the Federal government. All 10 of them. I have no secrets...

I wonder if they want photos of his penis? You know for identification purposes? And the tattoo maybe?
Oh, I am certain that they do!
There have been court cases where they have showed them to juries.
Usually as proof the defendant was not capable of the crime for which they were accused of.
If GSK doesn't want his photographed, then I believe he is under endowed.
(A certain teletubby name comes to mind)
Moo

http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/news...t-penis-small-crimes-lawyer-article-1.2825186

Fingerprints aren't required for U.S. passports.

https://getawaytips.azcentral.com/fingerprint-requirements-for-usa-passports-12298732.html

It seems as though applying for a United States passport would require an extreme number of hoops to jump through, but it remains a relatively easy process. It does require copies of certain documents as well as allowing for turnaround time, but overall it remains something each citizen can accomplish with ease.
No Fingerprints Required

I could swear they are on my husband and son's passports.
My mistake!
Edit to add:
I forgot about the DUI.

Wouldn't he have to have had his fingerprints taken in 2012 when he got the DUI?

Wow. So which investigator,LEO was still friends with him? Talking with him, sharing inside information?
Where did that leak come from?
WTH?
Did he have a partner? Still on the force?
Could this explain why some victims say he had someone with him, possibly two others, the mystery woman?
Questerfiles touches on two suspects in the Maggiorie murders, being looked at,and cleared, in spite of some investigors reservations. Hmmmmmm.That makes me think they were Leo's. The one suspect ( mustache)sketch is a dead ringer for DeAngelo.
Was the other suspect still on the force,and his inside man?
This is huge.
I’m confused?? Wasn’t he still on the force at this point? He’d have inside info then.

I’m confused?? Wasn’t he still on the force at this point? He’d have inside info then.

Auburn is 30 miles from Sacramento. They’re not the same force. They didn’t share information. If you read Shelby’s book you will find out that they (the Sacramento Sheriff’s Department) didn’t even share information among themselves or with the Sacramento Police Department who had cases in their jurisdiction.

And yes he was an officer until the summer of 1979. The Maggiore murders occurred in February of 78.

I found this to be an important detail. Unless a neighbor happened to stop by started honking and a friend didn't knock on the front door and instead tapped on her window at the same exact time as the crime. But, never happened before is just way too coincidental to me.
I think he had a friend. Maybe they had no idea what he was doing. Maybe thought he was visiting a gf/prostitute or buying drugs so didn't ask any questions at the time. Unknowingly was a getaway driver.

Maybe you are using " he" as a placeholder pronoun, but it's possible he had some sort of symbiotic relationship with a female... I don't think we should discount the possibility, even if a possible accomplice or helper didn't know what exactly was going on inside the residences.. JMO.

<snipped>
I think he had a friend. Maybe they had no idea what he was doing. Maybe thought he was visiting a gf/prostitute or buying drugs so didn't ask any questions at the time. Unknowingly was a getaway driver.

But wouldn’t that friend figure it out when the news of the rape came out? Why wouldn’t they go to the police at that time? If they were innocent and unwittingly rode along.

MOO

Deangelo avoided the police as much as he could throughout the years. He did get a DUI in 2012, I bet that gave him a major scare. He had major stress I would think whenndna came out, & past couple years when the feds got involved & the books came out & lately the documentaries & we know the stories were all over his local papers past few years.

He probably kept drinking to keep his stress & thoughts away. I'm really surprised he didn't leave the country years ago, but he had 3 daughters, so leaving was a no go, plus he loved the cat & mouse game & reading the local papers about himself.

Did I read correctly he didn't own a TV? Did he have a computer in his house?

BBM I read that too (no tv) but not in a news article so for whatever that's worth. Very curious about a computer. That would be a goldmine, one would think. Not only for him tracking the story, known victims, etc but delving deeper into his past and potential crimes and psyche. I tend to think he would have violent rape videos in his search history and whatnot. Perhaps as he aged and couldn't offend, he resorted to viewing instead of committing.

I wonder if they want photos of his penis? You know for identification purposes? And the tattoo maybe?

Has this ever been used for identification purposes in a criminal case? Not a tattoo. Wondering for real. Do they have a lineup or how would that go.

I didn’t say that it’s not absurd personally but that defense counsel has to do everything legally available to them to mount a vigorous defense. I haven’t read the motions yet but I’m also sure she isn’t filing frivolous motions for the sake of it. She has to back up said motions with applicable statutes and law. She will probably lose but that’s okay because that will be one less appealable issue he will have down the road.

BBM - I know what youre saying, but this sounds like the MO of defense attorneys to me. File, file, file. Stall, stall, stall. There has to be some basis but it doesn't mean it's not ridiculous. Sorry, it's just frustrating to see defendants who have already abused and tortured so many people revictimize them in the confines of a courtroom.

The defendant didn't show up huh?
If anything like that happened, it either was not reported to police or they have not released that information.
Matter of fact, I am certain there is a LOT that has not been released!
Moo

BBM the court doc said the defendant was a french citizen and was out of the country (USA) so presumably back in France.

I could swear they are on my husband and son's passports.
My mistake!
Edit to add:
I forgot about the DUI.

Wouldn't he have to have had his fingerprints taken in 2012 when he got the DUI?

Does anyone know if DUI arrest records/ mugshots are public records in California? Neither has surfaced to my knowledge. In my state it's all pretty public and accessible, unless you go through a process to request removal. I haven't found anything on CA policy in general either. So wondering what gappeened with that. Of course fingerprints too. I'm quite certain he would have to give fingerprints.

Moo

You should edit to clear up the fingerprinting because it’s totally wrong.

He’d have nothing show up on a background check for flying. They don’t care about DUI and shoplifting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member