MI MI - Christopher Alan Temple, 17, Bath, 22 April 1990

I had a huge party for my 20th birthday the night Chris disappeared behind Campus hill apartments at a place we called the moon spot. It was a flyered event and I had invited Chris personally and he said he was planning on going. I never understood the logic of blowing off a huge outdoor party, to go hang out with just a few dudes In the woods where nobody from our crew ever went.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lansing State Journal didn't run anything on the anniversary of his disappearance. :(

One of the Lansing news stations reached out to me looking for a way to contact John and Tonnie (parents) I don't know if they were successful.

I am somewhat fascinated by this case. Most likely due to the close proximity to where I grew up. How does a person just drop off the face of the earth? I completely understand your hesitation to contact law enforcement armed with nothing more than theories and no proof. That being said, I would strongly encourage you to reconsider. Several cases have been cracked with information that at first looked insignificant. If you come forward and nothing comes from it, no harm no foul. But think of the good it could do for his family if this case could possibly finally be solved. I'm sure his family has accepted that Chris is dead but the lack of closure must still be torture.

If you knew the people who were present the evening he went missing you may have more insight than you realize. I am skeptical that he was swallowed by a bog somehow. Had that been the case surely he would have yelled for help. That area is quite isolated, it's not like his shouts would have gone unheard. I'm also skeptical that he died of an OD and his friends panicked and dumped his body only because I would be shocked that not a single one of them have come forward by now. That's almost 30 years of guilt, seems like at least one would have come forward. I'm just speculating of course. That area just seems like the perfect place to lure someone if one had plans to murder someone. I don't know the extent of Chis' drug dealing (weed and acid maybe? I'm guessing just based on his age) was and therefore don't know the extent to which he could have ripped off his customers if he was in fact known to short them as has been stated. Sadly if he had a customer who was short tempered and prone to violence the extent of which he'd been ripped off may not even matter. I could still have triggered a violent response as a means of revenge. Maybe just think it over. Hope all is well with you.

<modsnip> I’m new and have been looking into unsolved crimes for a few years now. This one has always stuck with me. So sad. <modsnip>

Unfortunately, if he sold drugs, it's easy to end up dead. There will always be a problem with that... I'm sorry for his parents, who may be good people, and Christopher left them with the sadness of not being able to know the truth about him and his whereabouts.
rest in peace

Christopher Alan Temple, age 17​

christopher_alan_temple_1.jpg

Missing since 22 April 1990 from Bath, Michigan

LINKS:

Why do so many missing people just randomly get up and walk away from a party with no explanation? I don't think they do, it's so suspect and I'm always sure the people they were with have all the answers.

The fact his trainers turned up so long after in an area that had already been searched multiple times is a bit weird. They were apparently very weathered.
Alarm what the hell was the deal with all that hair they found?? Did they ever get to the bottom of that?

Quicksand, Marsh and swaps usually give up their secrets eventually. I had thought that maybe his shoes had been thrown up from the floating sods. But I think there'd be more than shoes.

If he was murdered and left in one of these quicksand places I think something will eventually return to the surface. This kind of environment is excellent at preserving bodies (see bog bodies), but not DNA unfortunately.

I tend to agree! Do intoxicated people wander? Sure. Do they make reckless choices? Sometimes, yes. But I have always felt that very few of the people who completely vanish are victims of misadventure.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back