TX TX - Alexandria Lowitzer, 16, Spring, 26 April 2010 - #2

Very sad to see Ali's thread slipping down the list. Am I the only one who wants to discuss this case?

I don't think much planning was involved in Ali's abduction. Whoever took Ali, I see them as more of a situational offender. Someone impulsive and opportunistic who saw a young girl walking down a quiet road. I expect he pulled over and offered her a ride. When Ali declined, he continued to harass her before revealing a weapon to force her into the vehicle. This person has done this before. They most likely have a rapsheet for sexual offenses, but I don't believe they're a serial killer.

You can't help but feel police botched this case by dismissing Ali as a runaway. I understand that police resources are often stretched and they need to use discretion when managing investigations, but there was no evidence that Ali took off voluntarily. And even if she had been a runaway, she was still a minor who could've been in danger. Furthermore, how is it that a private investigator was able to get a partial license plate from a witness and the police weren't? Did they bother to question anyone?

I also agree and still check in on Ali's case often. . Her mother has mentioned trafficking numerous times. I wonder if there is info she cannot release that leads her to that theory.

still missing: http://www.houstonpress.com/news/co...r-missing-persons-and-their-families-10166614

This Saturday, February 3, is officially the 1st National Missing Persons Day. Gatherings will be held all over the country, and the event will be commemorated locally from at Houston City Hall (Legacy Room), 901 Bagby from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.

National Missing Persons Day was founded by Jo Ann Lowitzer to provide increased awareness of the needs of the missing. Jo Ann's daughter, Alexandria Lowitzer, went missing in 2010.

Happy 24th Birthday Ali :(

It's almost eight years since that fateful day you disappeared. It saddens me to know that your future was stolen. You had so many things you were looking forward to: birthday parties, softball tournaments, graduation. I wonder what sort of technology, movies and music trends you'd be into today? Life has gone on without you, but it will never be the same. I pray you're still alive somewhere out there, but in my heart I know the odds aren't good. Why did it have to be this way? You are loved and missed, Ali. And I know that your mother will keep going until she finds you and brings whoever took you to justice.

I was watching a live video from last year featuring Jo Ann (Ali's mother) and PI Amber Cammack.

Amber says that Ali used a classmate's phone to contact an older guy she was seeing. Supposedly, the phone belonged to a deputy from the Houston Police Department, and the person was one of his kids. I never knew about this. Apparently it was fairly new evidence. I suspect Ali was taken by a stranger but this could put a whole new slant on things. However, I have been advised to take whatever Amber Cammack says with a grain of salt.

I was watching a live video from last year featuring Jo Ann (Ali's mother) and PI Amber Cammack.

Amber says that Ali used a classmate's phone to contact an older guy she was seeing. Supposedly, the phone belonged to a deputy from the Houston Police Department, and the person was one of his kids. I never knew about this. Apparently it was fairly new evidence. I suspect Ali was taken by a stranger but this could put a whole new slant on things. However, I have been advised to take whatever Amber Cammack says with a grain of salt.

Why is it advised to take whatever Amber Cammack says with a grain of salt? It seems Jo Ann wouldn't choose someone untrustworthy would she?

Why is it advised to take whatever Amber Cammack says with a grain of salt? It seems Jo Ann wouldn't choose someone untrustworthy would she?
Amber apparently has a bit of a background there's some conflict with her and the guy that does the I-45 investigation

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I have learned some rather disturbing info in the past few weeks. It hasn’t necessarily changed my opinion of what happened to Ali but it certainly was an eye opener. It’s also not info I would be comfortable sharing with Ali’s mother Joann, in case anyone was wondering.

It's my supposition that Ali lied about going to the Burger Barn to work a shift. I think the plan was to meet this older guy she was allegedly seeing, collect the paycheque afterwards and just tell her mum there was no work available. That's why she was so desperate for her mum to let her go to the burger bar by herself.

[h=1]Where is Ali? Spring mom still fighting to find her daughter 8 years after girl's disappearance[/h]
SPRING, Texas (KTRK) --

Eight years ago, a Spring teenager walked to pick up her paycheck from an after-school and weekend job. Ali Lowitzer never returned to her family's home a quarter mile from the Burger Barn.

It was the first time her mother said she allowed the 16-year-old to walk to work.

"She worked me into that one time letting her walk and that's what I regret most in my life," Jo Ann Lowitzer said on the eight-year anniversary of her daughter's disappearance.

What had been the family house is now home to Lowitzer and her mother. She and her husband divorced after Ali's disappearance. She continues to tirelessly advocate for the daughter, who would be 24 now.

Read More: http://abc13.com/spring-mom-fights-to-find-missing-daughter-8-years-later/3396416/

Is there no longer buzz about BSL being involved? What ever happened to the PI that was looking into it? He never provide any information/confirmation one way or another? As always, thoughts and prayers.

BSL was completely ruled out. The private investigator at the time Mac Sanford, has not worked the case since right after he ran to the media with unconfirmed information.

I just wonder why she'd contact an older guy on the deputy's phone rather than the phone that belonged to the guy himself?

I wonder if LE is aware of this?

I just wonder why she'd contact an older guy on the deputy's phone rather than the phone that belonged to the guy himself?

I wonder if LE is aware of this?

I would guess that the phone was in the deputy's name but he let his son use it. That's assuming Ali was contacting the son and not the deputy himself.

I think Joann & Amber said LE were informed but have done nothing with this information.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back