Found Deceased AL - Jennifer Marshell White, 55, Moulton, 08 Apr 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
ARGH. "All the apps turned off and passwords reset" and "phone was factory reset" are two very different things. It's so frustrating when something that could be incredibly significant is reported incorrectly because of an assumption.

I'm still really curious as to how they know about the apps etc.
Me too. Beth says in that same comment that Jennifer’s phone has NOT been found.
Is this something AT&T could have told them?

Me too. Beth says in that same comment that Jennifer’s phone has NOT been found.

Not at all! AT&T doesn’t store app information like this. The apps come from Apple App Store on iPhones & Google Play Store on Androids. Even then, I don’t believe the App Store keeps track of when PWs are reset. If I were to change my Bank app password, there’s no reason Apple needs to store this information. As far as I know, only my bank would keep a record of this for security purposes in the event it wasn’t me who did so. JMO, of course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be willing to bet they've gotten access to Jennifer's email account, and are going by what they find there. That would at least explain knowing about password resets, though I can't imagine where the assertion that "all" of her app passwords had been reset is coming from.

ETA: Not that that matters, really. What *would* be significant is if she'd changed, say, all of her banking etc. passwords. :thinking:

In one of the articles it was stated husband called OnStar,
And their cell phone carrier AT&T.
Could he have made this request over the phone ?

I don't think the carrier necessarily knows what apps are on your phone. Though I wouldn't rule that out as we learn every few months that one service provider or another has more information about you than they disclose.

If Jennifer's phone was part of a plan with one or more other phones and in that scenario it is possible to be able to view what apps are on other phones that are part of the plan if settings allow that.

But we don't know what they mean by apps. If they mean FB or other things that exist as web sites rather than what are truly mobile only apps then password changes would not require the use of the phone at all unless two-factor authentication was used.

I have no idea how someone would know the passwords were changed unless either someone knew (with certainty) what the passwords were before and those passwords no longer work or if there are e-mails indicating a password change occurred.

This makes things as clear as mud. For me, that means I have discount that changes were made to the phone/apps until a source, such as LE, makes that known.

I don't think the carrier necessarily knows what apps are on your phone. Though I wouldn't rule that out as we learn every few months that one service provider or another has more information about you than they disclose.

If Jennifer's phone was part of a plan with one or more other phones and in that scenario it is possible to be able to view what apps are on other phones that are part of the plan if settings allow that.

But we don't know what they mean by apps. If they mean FB or other things that exist as web sites rather than what are truly mobile only apps then password changes would not require the use of the phone at all unless two-factor authentication was used.

I have no idea how someone would know the passwords were changed unless either someone knew (with certainty) what the passwords were before and those passwords no longer work or if there are e-mails indicating a password change occurred.

This makes things as clear as mud. For me, that means I have discount that changes were made to the phone/apps until a source, such as LE, makes that known.
I do know from the very beginning family (daughters) were able to gain access and take over her Facebook.
They made a post in the beginning they didn’t want people to think if was Jennifer, but that they had taken it over.
I’m not super tech savvy , but I wonder how that was done?
IF they got her passwords reset via AT&T, ( hypothetically)that would explain it.
She did share her account with her husband.
Otherwise, this raises questions, for ex: they were able to get her IPad or computer, BUT do t know if purse and medications are gone or not.

On my iPhone I have an option to add 6 people to “Family Sharing”, this includes purchase sharing, music, iCloud storage and location sharing.
It also says you can also create a family calendar, photo albums and be added to the “find my iPhone” feature.

I don’t use this, but if my husband had an iPhone, I would certainly add him, and if my children were older and had phones (they’re 10 & 8) they would also be added.
Is this something that spouses or families usually take advantage of?
Why or why not?
Could you potentially “spy” on someone’s phone activity (with what this feature offers) without them necessarily knowing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An 'update' of sorts was posted on the 'City of Moulton Police Department' FB page.

Family Sharing wouldn't give others access to your personal app accounts, though.

The link to the Moulton PD statement is also on JMW's FB page. Her daughter Emiley has posted a lengthy comment to said statement.

Seriously, has their Facebook page been hacked? Or are they putting Jennifer‘s daughters in a bad light for dumping their children with their grandparents? AND making her medication public?
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=934520910062965&id=488327671348960

While some of the info shared probably shouldn't have been, I don't blame the PD one bit for defending itself. Reading the comments on all the various FB pages related to JMW was like wading through a cesspool of ignorance and finger-pointing, and I'm sorry, the daughters have engaged in it too. It's obstructive.

While some of the info shared probably shouldn't have been, I don't blame the PD one bit for defending itself. Reading the comments on all the various FB pages related to JMW was like wading through a cesspool of ignorance and finger-pointing, and I'm sorry, the daughters have engaged in it too. It's obstructive.
Well, I think the PD should leave their emotions out and handle it professionally.

Well, I think the PD should leave their emotions out and handle it professionally.

Aside from a bit of exasperation, I don't see much in the way of emotion in that list of "facts".

Seriously, has their Facebook page been hacked? Or are they putting Jennifer‘s daughters in a bad light for dumping their children with their grandparents? AND making her medication public?
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=934520910062965&id=488327671348960

I wasn't sure if I could link but figured someone would come along if I didn't. Thanks.

I was gobsmacked. I have been in LE for over 20 years, and haven't seen anything like that ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77