CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They keep buying time...at least it seems like this to me!

Also, there is a very good summary of the podcast (crimecon) on Reddit Delphi Murders. I would post it but I do not think it would be allowed.

Hey- R u talkin bout a NGrace podcast or AshleyB podcast or ...???

Nancy Grace

Can I post the summary? It is very well done. By a person on Reddit.

Okay - here's what I got:

Monday, May 7th:
*Hearing (@ CT) - for Bartholomew County – IN – Daniel James Nations (31) – *Bartholomew Superior Court: 7/14/15: Public Indencency- Fondle The Genitals Of The Def. Or Another Person In A Public Place; Warrant issued (6/5/17), bond set at $5000 or 10% cash. Pending (active). DN is now in Bartholomew County Jail facing the charges above. Had hearing on 5/7/18.
Dispositional Hearing on 5/21 @ 2pm. Bond stays the same per hearing on 5/7/18.
Plus in Indiana is 1 separate case which is pending still active:
*Marion County: Warrant/Writ issued 5/25/17 (11/17/16): Drug possession, paraphernalia, and driving without a license. Pending (active).
The Sheriff states DN also has pending charges in Marion County, so he will face those charges after the Bartholomew County case.

Plead guilty to charges below on 5/2/18: to Warrant/Writ issued 9/29/17 (6/1/17) Johnson Co: Failure to register as a sex offender. Level 6 Felony: It carries a penalty upon conviction of a fixed term between six (6) months and two and one half (1 1/2) years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.00. Cash bail of $200 & Surety of $1000. 9-24-19-2/MA: Driving While Suspended requires a knowing violation and a prior conviction of Sec. 1, 35-48-4-8.3(b)(1)/MC: Possession of Paraphernalia; 35-48-4-11(a)(1)/MB: Possession of Marijuana. $1k Cash only.
Will not serve any additional jail time as a result. Officials say he was sentenced to time served for the marijuana charge, no jail time for the driving while suspended charge, and 702 days of probation for the failing to register charge. The Johnson county cases have been updated on mycase to reflect 30 days on the drug offenses and 902 days on the FTR/FTA with 700 days on probation after credit for time in jail. (DN is considered a NON compliant Sex Offender.) Nations may not consume any controlled substances even if they are prescribed by a doctor. He must also pay $500 to cover the cost of a public defender. Additional conditions of Nations probation include appearing at the Johnson County Sheriff's Office to be fingerprinted and have his picture taken. He must also submit a DNA sample to the Indiana Department of Corrections. Nations was placed on probation but that condition will be dropped if he moves back to Colorado.
Compliance hearing on Oct. 29 @ 9am.
Clear Creek County, CO - Review hearing (2/21) for outstanding warrant is for missing a court hearing for failure to appear charge stems from a July 18 arrest alleging he provided false identification to Georgetown police, a misdemeanor. Bond is set at $500; as a condition of his probation (from his plea deal, he must submit to a mental health examination and substance abuse screening and comply with treatment plans required by the custody case.
Teller County, CO still involved with child custody case, next hearing June 7, 2018.
5/2/18: Officials say Nations is now on active probation and has expressed interest in moving back to Colorado, where he was extradited from after allegedly using a hatchet to threaten hikers on a trail.[/i]

I called Bartholomew again. His holds are for Marion county and “Colorado” according to the deputy working today. What is “Colorado?” They don’t issue holds for domestic and juvenile cases. But I can’t find any other warrants.

Okay - here's what I got:

Monday, May 7th:
*Hearing (@ CT) - for Bartholomew County – IN – Daniel James Nations (31) – *Bartholomew Superior Court: 7/14/15: Public Indencency- Fondle The Genitals Of The Def. Or Another Person In A Public Place; Warrant issued (6/5/17), bond set at $5000 or 10% cash. Pending (active). DN is now in Bartholomew County Jail facing the charges above. Had hearing on 5/7/18.
Dispositional Hearing on 5/21 @ 2pm. Bond stays the same per hearing on 5/7/18.
*Marion County: Warrant/Writ issued 5/25/17 (11/17/16): Drug possession, paraphernalia, and driving without a license. Pending (active).
The Sheriff states DN also has pending charges in Marion County, so he will face those charges after the Bartholomew County case.

Plead guilty to charges below on 5/2/18: to Warrant/Writ issued 9/29/17 (6/1/17) Johnson Co: Failure to register as a sex offender. Level 6 Felony: It carries a penalty upon conviction of a fixed term between six (6) months and two and one half (1 1/2) years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.00. Cash bail of $200 & Surety of $1000. 9-24-19-2/MA: Driving While Suspended requires a knowing violation and a prior conviction of Sec. 1, 35-48-4-8.3(b)(1)/MC: Possession of Paraphernalia; 35-48-4-11(a)(1)/MB: Possession of Marijuana. $1k Cash only.
Will not serve any additional jail time as a result. Officials say he was sentenced to time served for the marijuana charge, no jail time for the driving while suspended charge, and 702 days of probation for the failing to register charge. The Johnson county cases have been updated on mycase to reflect 30 days on the drug offenses and 902 days on the FTR/FTA with 700 days on probation after credit for time in jail. (DN is considered a NON compliant Sex Offender.) Nations may not consume any controlled substances even if they are prescribed by a doctor. He must also pay $500 to cover the cost of a public defender. Additional conditions of Nations probation include appearing at the Johnson County Sheriff's Office to be fingerprinted and have his picture taken. He must also submit a DNA sample to the Indiana Department of Corrections. Nations was placed on probation but that condition will be dropped if he moves back to Colorado.
Clear Creek County, CO - Review hearing (2/21) for outstanding warrant is for missing a court hearing for failure to appear charge stems from a July 18 arrest alleging he provided false identification to Georgetown police, a misdemeanor. Bond is set at $500; as a condition of his probation (from his plea deal, he must submit to a mental health examination and substance abuse screening and comply with treatment plans required by the custody case.
Teller County, CO still involved with child custody case, next hearing June 7, 2018.
5/2/18: Officials say Nations is now on active probation and has expressed interest in moving back to Colorado, where he was extradited from after allegedly using a hatchet to threaten hikers on a trail.[/i]

I called Bartholomew again. His holds are for Marion county and “Colorado” according to the deputy working today. What is “Colorado?” They don’t issue holds for domestic and juvenile cases. But I can’t find any other warrants.

The only thing I can find in Colorado - is Teller County re juvenile and the domestic. What county is handling Tim Watkins' case. I can go look that one up - just in case they "do" have something there.

The only thing I can find in Colorado - is Teller County re juvenile and the domestic. What county is handling Tim Watkins' case. I can go look that one up - just in case they "do" have something there.

Is it El Paso County?

He's not listed in El Paso County either.

It’s for —El Paso county—. I just called again and spoke to a helpful deputy. He said that he could NOT see the charges. Anyone else know what this could be?

He's not listed in El Paso County either.

Ok I called EL Paso DA. The man I spoke to said that he is non-compliant with his menacing charge/probation. That’s all that warrant is for.

That said, the warrant should be resolved by his attorney because you cannot comply with probation or not comply (per federal law) when you are in custody. Makes no sense.

It’s for —El Paso county—. I just called again and spoke to a helpful deputy. He said that he could NOT see the charges. Anyone else know what this could be?

Since we will be closed on Monday, thought I'd post this now...

Monday, May 21st:
*Disposition Hearing (@ 2pm CT) - for Bartholomew County – IN – Daniel James Nations (31) – *Bartholomew Superior Court: 7/14/15: Public Indecency - Fondle The Genitals Of The Def. Or Another Person In A Public Place; Warrant issued (6/5/17), bond set at $5000 or 10% cash. Pending (active). DN is now in Bartholomew County Jail facing the charges above. Had hearing on 5/7/18.
Disposition Hearing on 5/21 @ 2pm. Bond stays the same per hearing on 5/7/18.
The sheriff states DN also has pending charges in Marion County, so he will face those charges after the Bartholomew County case.

Will not serve any additional jail time as a result. Officials say he was sentenced to time served for the marijuana charge, no jail time for the driving while suspended charge, and 702 days of probation for the failing to register charge. The Johnson county cases have been updated on mycase to reflect 30 days on the drug offenses and 902 days on the FTR/FTA with 700 days on probation after credit for time in jail. (DN is considered a NON compliant Sex Offender.) Nations may not consume any controlled substances even if they are prescribed by a doctor. He must also pay $500 to cover the cost of a public defender. Additional conditions of Nations probation
include appearing at the Johnson County Sheriff's Office to be fingerprinted and have his picture taken. He must also submit a DNA sample to the Indiana Department of Corrections. Nations was placed on probation but that condition will be dropped if he moves back to Colorado.
Clear Creek County, CO - Review hearing (2/21/18) for outstanding warrant is for missing a court hearing for failure to appear charge stems from a 7/18/17 arrest alleging he provided false identification to Georgetown police, a misdemeanor. Bond is set at $500; as a condition of his probation (from his plea deal, he must submit to a mental health examination and substance abuse screening and comply with treatment plans required by the custody case.
5/2/18: Officials say Nations is now on active probation and has expressed interest in moving back to Colorado, where he was extradited from after allegedly using a hatchet to threaten hikers on a trail.

If I see anything I shal save it and post it on the 24th when we get back in! :eek:nline:

I had a second read of the gazette article ( the one that mentions GW climbing into TW's grave when she saw it) and it appears to indicate at least 3 shots must have been fired. 1 thru the bike wheel and two in the face. (Bullet "pockmarks" are mentioned so that must be the face and at least two IMO).
So, was the bike shot first, and then two in the face as he lay after crashing/coming off his damaged bike? Almost seems like he was targeted. 3 shots with two face shots is no accident that I can fathom.
:cow:

I thought the threads were all going to be down?
They just said they would go down sometime today they didnt have a certain time

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DN had a disposition hearing in BaCo scheduled yesterday at 2 p.m. but no update on Mycase so far or in media. Anyone know what happened?

DN had a disposition hearing in BaCo scheduled yesterday at 2 p.m. but no update on Mycase so far or in media. Anyone know what happened?

It's on Mycase now. Looks like he got 90 days in Bartholomew Co jail with credit for 19 days served, and a compliance hearing 7/20/18:
05/21/2018
Order Issued
STATE APPEARS BY KAY. DEFT APPEARS FROM JAIL W/COUNSEL TUCKER. KIM MAU APPEARS FOR PROBATION. TESTIMONY HEARD AS TO DISPOSITION. THE COURT ORDERS THE DEFT TO EXECUTE 90 DAYS BCJ, GOOD TIME IF EARNED. DEFT GIVEN CREDIT FOR 19 DAYS SERVED. DEFT PROBATION WILL TERMINATE UNSUCCESSFULLY UPON COMPLETION OF JAIL TIME. CJ FOR FEES, SET HRG 7/20/18 AT 8:15 A.M. APPOINTMENT OF TUCKER AS PD IS TERMINATED.
Order Signed:
05/22/2018
Case Search - MyCase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads