GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then he beats her to death and pushes her into the lake, using the concrete he brought with him in the boat.

Very good thoughts on Colette's post! However, I believe that the intelligent killers did not anticipate the bullet not exiting Mr. D's skull, hence the head removal.
If you remember, concrete end caps were used to weigh down Ms. D's body. These must have been readily available. If they had anticipated submerging her body, they would have brought concrete cinder blocks with holes. If these had been used, her body probably never would have surfaced.
I also believe that a boat was used to arrive at the D's, travel to the dam to dispose of Ms. D's body and then return to a house with a dock on another part of the lake. Remember, the camera at the entry to the subdivision was not working. However, the murderers, who were very familiar with the lake area, did not know that. Hence the travel entirely by boat
Again, anyone who has kept up with this case has seen one of the intelligent murderers involved. A wolf in sheeps' clothing, if you will, who projects the image of "love and light."
Dermond meme 147 Carolyn Dr.  Parks Mill Buckhead.jpg

Personally I think they need new eyes on the case, and it needs to be done now.

Very good thoughts on Colette's post! However, I believe that the intelligent killers did not anticipate the bullet not exiting Mr. D's skull, hence the head removal.
If you remember, concrete end caps were used to weigh down Ms. D's body. These must have been readily available. If they had anticipated submerging her body, they would have brought concrete cinder blocks with holes. If these had been used, her body probably never would have surfaced.
I also believe that a boat was used to arrive at the D's, travel to the dam to dispose of Ms. D's body and then return to a house with a dock on another part of the lake. Remember, the camera at the entry to the subdivision was not working. However, the murderers, who were very familiar with the lake area, did not know that. Hence the travel entirely by boat
Again, anyone who has kept up with this case has seen one of the intelligent murderers involved. A wolf in sheeps' clothing, if you will, who projects the image of "love and light."
View attachment 134098
How intelligent is someone who shoots someone in the head only to have to take the head because their bullet didn't exit the head? A lot of unnecessary and messy work they created for themselve(s) imo.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

How intelligent is someone who shoots someone in the head only to have to take the head because their bullet didn't exit the head? A lot of unnecessary and messy work they created for themselve(s) imo.

Sorry to quote myself but I had another connected thought. If their intention was not to take the head in the first place, what did they use to saw it off? Were they prepared for that? I hope they looked at all possibilities in the house that may have been used to remove the head.

Personally I think they need new eyes on the case, and it needs to be done now.

Absolutely! Should have been done a long, long time ago. Have you read SS ridiculous excuses for not getting the GBI involved? So afraid that someone else will bring the murderers to justice. He also stated recently that the FBI was involved. Another lie/deception. The FBI was involved before Ms. D's body was found as kidnapping cases are federal. A rep of the FBI said they they were ready, willing and able to help, but SS had refused. SS said that the FBI did do a profile of the perps, but that had to be based on the info that greedy incompetent SS gave them.
Also consider that Ms. D's body surfaced in Greene County, not Putnam county.
When this was pointed out to arrogant incompetent SS long ago, he said, "It doesn't matter."
IBS. Greene County LE are also at fault for not investigating IMHO.

Absolutely! Should have been done a long, long time ago. Have you read SS ridiculous excuses for not getting the GBI involved? So afraid that someone else will bring the murderers to justice. He also stated recently that the FBI was involved. Another lie/deception. The FBI was involved before Ms. D's body was found as kidnapping cases are federal. A rep of the FBI said they they were ready, willing and able to help, but SS had refused. SS said that the FBI did do a profile of the perps, but that had to be based on the info that greedy incompetent SS gave them.
Also consider that Ms. D's body surfaced in Greene County, not Putnam county.
When this was pointed out to arrogant incompetent SS long ago, he said, "It doesn't matter."
IBS. Greene County LE are also at fault for not investigating IMHO.

I hate to think he is covering for a friend. Is there a conflict of interest? Whatever he needs to turn the case over to fresh people, start over.

SBM:

I just watched Danielle Locklear's story last week. Her ex-BF weighted her body down with 2 of the old type cinder blocks and dumped her in the South River in North Carolina. She still floated. He actually took the cinder blocks from his home. When cops raided his home, they found where they had been sitting because indentions were still visible on the ground - murder was premeditated. He wasn't a professional either - just a teenager.

But cops cuffed her ex-boyfriend, Je'Michael Malloy, 17, and his 18-year-old pal, Dominic Lock, after Malloy allegedly told investigators that he throttled the girl before tying her body to cinder blocks and tossing it into the South River on March 11.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ling-north-carolina-girl-15-article-1.1752913

I think you have to roll the body up in chicken wire and then weight down with weights and still even then. . . who knows. Bella Bond was put in a army duffle bag with two (I think) 30 pound weights and the bag with her body and the weights still drifted to Deer Island.

They were killed before the derby, that is what alerted everyone. They never showed. Someone could have killed them and still made the derby IMO.

Excellent point. I keep thinking everything took place on Saturday and Saturday night was when they left and dumped Mrs. D on their way home. But I agree that is is entirely possible that everything took place Friday night.

I think SS said it was a knife that was used to behead Russell dermond

Sorry to quote myself but I had another connected thought. If their intention was not to take the head in the first place, what did they use to saw it off? Were they prepared for that? I hope they looked at all possibilities in the house that may have been used to remove the head.

I think SS said it was a knife that was used to behead Russell dermond
So I guess my question is...if they shot him through the head and there was no exit of the bullet, were they prepared to take his head or did they perhaps need to "borrow" a knife. Maybe from a knife block in the house?

Also, why not shoot Mrs. D? It doesn't sound like they came prepared to tie blocks on her. (Didn't they use blocks from the back of the house?)

It's beginning to sound that it may not have been as organized as I originally thought.

After watching the video I wish they shot more of the house just to give us an idea of the layout although the video they shot wasn't too bad. SS seems to open up just a little but citing his past record of clues I just don't know what to believe. Weird how SS and brads interview reveal different clues too.

After watching the video I wish they shot more of the house just to give us an idea of the layout although the video they shot wasn't too bad. SS seems to open up just a little but citing his past record of clues I just don't know what to believe. Weird how SS and brads interview reveal different clues too.

Have just been trying to catch up on this very disturbing case. Listened to a podcast with interview of SS. Mrs. D was immaculate, yet the bed was not yet made. When she was found, she was fully clothed (discovered she had had a mastectomy in the past :tears:) and she had her shoes on and they were TIED. He was dressed in shirt and shorts with LL Bean house slippers. In other words, it would "appear" she was dressed to go somewhere (outside, gardening, store, etc.), but he was not yet dressed fully.

They cut his neck was with something extremely sharp. I was wondering if it was a knife they may have had with them used for filleting fish? If it was a hit, the head could have been for proof and perhaps they took pics of Mrs. D bound, etc.? With nothing at all stolen, I still tend to believe this is a murder for hire..

We had a case years ago of a wealthy lady who was murdered at night in her home, and she had let them in. EVENTUALLY, they discovered it was her grown grandson who was a pillar of the community and politically tied to the tiny town (in OH). All about money and inheritance. No one would EVER have suspected him. Certainly may not be the case here, but I've seen pics of the grown grandsons (40 years or so), and I wonder if they have been polygraphed?

Just some random thoughts this morning and all MOO.

The idea that this was a professional hit is ludicrous. A professional hitman would have used an untraceable gun and not given a damn that bullets remained lodged in the victims' heads. I believe that the reason the bullet did not exit Mr. D's skull was possibly that a low calibre weapon was used and/or the bullets may have been old or damaged. To think that a professional hitman would take the time to behead a victin is laughable. Even moreso that a second victim would have to be beheaded. Very time consuming, very hard to do and very very messy.

I believe that Mr. D may have been shot at close range before he knew what hit him, mercifully (if you could call a murder that), similar to as the merciful execution that occurred in "Of Mice and Men." The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

The killers seemed to have a hatred of women as is common in some homosexual men. What happened to Ms. D is horrific beyond belief!

Has it ever been released officially as to whether there was GSR on Mr. D? If so, is there a link to this info?

The killers are very intelligent and well educated in their fields, but not necessarilly in firearms and forensics. They did not anticipate that a bullet traceable to a specific weapon would not exit the skull, but were smart enough to know that it could be traced to a specific weapon.

Has anyone obtained or tried to obtain an autopsy report on Mr. D or Ms. D from the GBI? This should be a matter of public record. If I had the time I would attempt to do so. Is SS preventing this from being released?

What I do not know is the motive for the killings. Could it be finnacial? I would like to see the D's bank statements for a few months before the murders. I believe that a financial link to the murderers' organization actually would appear on the even most recent bank statement a month before murders. Not a betting person, but I would be willing to wager $1,000 that this is correct.

Could it be that the Ds had knowledge of molestation of young disadvantaged boys with whom the murderers actively seek access? Perhaps one or both of the Ds confronted them privately regarding this issue? Like Sandusky, they are in a position of authority allowing access to young disadvantaged fatherless boys.

I will probably never know if any of these suppositions are correct as long as SS is the only LE person in "investigating" the case.

I have no idea where Mr D was shot but I know a few things. 1 if he was shot and the bullet did not exit his skull it was from at least 8 feet away. 2 He wasn't shot in the house unless it happened in the garage because as SS has stated the house was spotless. 3 A silencer must have been used because someone would have heard a gunshot in that community as I assume like most upscale retirement communities it's very quiet. 4 if the there was only 1 shot I would assume the killer handles a gun very well to have the confidence to take the shot knowing he could miss and risk leaving evidence. I know it could be a close up shot and the bullet never exited his head but it's rare. Still with a gunshot on a lake and heavily wooded area that's a lot of amplifiers and someone would have heard it.

The question I always ask myself is. Why a couple in their mid 80's ? If this was a random robbery gone wrong the robbers wouldn't kill them maybe beat them or tie them up but not kill them. An 88 year old man will not pose a threat to any robbers . Beating an 87 year old woman to death and dumping her in the lake also says this wasn't random but very personal. Someone who robs a house does their homework to make sure they have the right house and this house had plenty of valuables yet nothing was stolen. Lets say you rob a bank but when you get into the bank you have to shoot somebody does this mean you abort the robbery? Nope it just means you grab some fast cash and get out of there quickly. SS said in his last interview that this Kentucky derby party was within walking distance from the Dermond house which tells me it was less than a quarter of a mile away as an 88 and 87 year old would not walk to far even if they were healthy for their ages.

SS now says no evidence was left and I think he is lying. There is no way the killer or killers left no evidence during all of this. Nobody cleans up that well unless they work for serve pro and even they don't clean up that well. Maybe they were let in and then the killers took them somewhere and killed them at a remote spot and brought Mr D back to behead them but lets say this is true they would be in the trunk for obvious reasons and carpet fibers from the trunk most definitely would have been found on Mr D unless they changed his clothes.

This all seems to neat to be true if what SS is telling us is the truth. Nobody is this good at killing NOBODY

My feeling Mrs D was taken throw everyone off track and have people think she was the killer, it worked because the Sheriff even said they looked at Mrs D being the killer at some point.

I just can't believe the house was as clean as SS says it was. To take 2 living individuals out of the house and kill them and if SS is right Mr Dermond was shot, then to bring at least Mr Dermond back to the house to behead him in the garage is very risky and I just can't see even a novice killer attempting that. SS is not being truthful in his interviews which makes me wonder why he does these interviews in the first place. I'm looking at this case as the house was the site of the killings and although the killers may have cleaned up they did leave behind evidence. I did notice in the last interview the timeline is much closer than the timeline SS says it was which leads me to believe SS has a timeline of 24 hours in mind . There's ways to tell my temperature of the liver how long someone has been dead if they are found within several days from being murdered and i'm sure the coroner checked temps on Mr D . There's just so many times SS has lied in his interviews that tells me he is hiding everything. I hope someday the killers are caught but I just can't read SS 's interviews anymore it's all lies. Maybe this is his way of being reelected each term by keeping this case fresh.

Nothing was taken, wasn't a robbery, so who in the heck is going to come along and kill two elderly people, cut RD's head and go through the work of putting SD's body tied down with whatever it was and taken out to the lake.

I have no idea where Mr D was shot but I know a few things. 1 if he was shot and the bullet did not exit his skull it was from at least 8 feet away.

If there was GSR on Mr. D, he had to have been shot at close range, closer than 8 feet.
Again, SS needs to give a straight answer as to whether there was or was not GSR on Mr. D.

Good point but if it was from close range the chances of the bullet lodging in the head is slim to none. I remember early on SS said he didn't know if a gun was used ( clearly he knew if there was gsr residue on Mr D. This is what i'm talking about SS says something in one interview then says the opposite in the next. I'm not saying he should tell us all his evidence but don't ask for the peoples help when you're lying to them all the time. I hate to say it but I've just about given up on this case because of the lies SS is putting out there. It's like playing cards with him and he keeps bluffing all night long,

If there was GSR on Mr. D, he had to have been shot at close range, closer than 8 feet.
Again, SS needs to give a straight answer as to whether there was or was not GSR on Mr. D.

Good point but if it was from close range the chances of the bullet lodging in the head is slim to none. I remember early on SS said he didn't know if a gun was used ( clearly he knew if there was gsr residue on Mr D. This is what i'm talking about SS says something in one interview then says the opposite in the next. I'm not saying he should tell us all his evidence but don't ask for the peoples help when you're lying to them all the time. I hate to say it but I've just about given up on this case because of the lies SS is putting out there. It's like playing cards with him and he keeps bluffing all night long,

I think Sheriff Sills has a pretty good idea of who, what, when and where with this case, but lacks the ability to prove it. He's not going to give out much information, and that's fine with me as long as what he does say is the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam