Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was MK's body found on the Horseshoe Bend side of Greenlee or the St Rt 55 side?

Also this psychopath Joseph Bennasutti living in Ludlow Falls at the time and Yolanda Debarge's body found on Kessler Rd. which is right around the corner from Greenlee Rd. seems a little coincidental.

Was MK's body found on the Horseshoe Bend side of Greenlee or the St Rt 55 side?

Also this psychopath Joseph Bennasutti living in Ludlow Falls at the time and Yolanda Debarge's body found on Kessler Rd. which is right around the corner from Greenlee Rd. seems a little coincidental.
Horseshoe bend side, but not so close to the corner, more like midway down.
Yolanda was discovered by my friends friends' kids... if that makes sense. Benasutti was also soccer coach at the school I went to. His ex wife and her family still live out that way, his ex father inlaw was apart of the Transfiguration Church. Often wonder if his killings were his "gods work". Many of us locals still believe Marcia was one of his first ones, gotta practice to get better, right? Also it was around Easter weekend, jump forward and remember Peggy Casey? Her body was scattered up here around Easter weekend also. To find more about Benasutti you need Dayton library online access and you'll find several articles from his trials. County access will provide victims info, I hope those girls are there for his parole hearing in Feb.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Emotional Feedback, We may know each other or you might know my friend I mentioned if you grew up more local to the P Hill area.

Emotional Feedback, We may know each other or you might know my friend I mentioned if you grew up more local to the P Hill area.

It's possible, but I haven't lived in the area since 1985. We lived near Concord school. I'm currently in FL. I know nothing about the Peggy Casey case. Could you give me a brief description and when it happened? I know this stuff gets sensationalized but the Easter time period is also an important time for occultists.

It's possible, but I haven't lived in the area since 1985. We lived near Concord school. I'm currently in FL. I know nothing about the Peggy Casey case. Could you give me a brief description and when it happened? I know this stuff gets sensationalized but the Easter time period is also an important time for occultists.
She was chopped up and dropped off in multiple counties. Benasutti was POI because he had just traveled to where she was from, Covington KY. Happened in 1994.

Odd that they mentioned this on the news today about shelby county and at our community garage sale a shopper was talking about another town up north she was going to for their community sale, New Knoxville. New Knoxville is however in Auglaize County. Curious what town(s) in Shelby Co they are looking at.

Odd that they mentioned this on the news today about shelby county and at our community garage sale a shopper was talking about another town up north she was going to for their community sale, New Knoxville. New Knoxville is however in Auglaize County. Curious what town(s) in Shelby Co they are looking at.

New Knoxville is just about on the border of Auglaize and Shelby Counties. The headquarters for The Way is on the Wierwille family farm which is I think in Shelby County. In checking registered voters on Wierwille Rd., New Knoxville OH, they are registered to vote in Shelby County.

Check out this lawsuit against The Way for an idea of what goes on there. This suit was filed in Shelby County. The founder Wierwille who died in 1985 was accused by many of the same stuff. Hope she wasn't in deep in this "organization".

https://www.culteducation.com/group...rnational-reaches-settlement-with-couple.html

The poster saying that he was with her in Pittsburgh coincides with what LE is saying. When her identity was first released, they mentioned that she was in the Pittsburgh area prior to her death.

The poster saying that he was with her in Pittsburgh coincides with what LE is saying. When her identity was first released, they mentioned that she was in the Pittsburgh area prior to her death.
Before the post removed, I remember her family member speculating that she might've been in some form of commune, too

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OK ... Here she is in her buckskin jacket. ... and with the right colored sweater.

f63fa215-a2d2-4e58-a361-16efde509286.jpg
8e3c6674-1354-408f-b205-44eff8336e7d.jpg

I've been thinking about how she was dressed very nice and stylish, but at the same time how 1970s her clothes looks. All that earth tone clothing she was wearing was really going out of style by the early 1980s. Those suede fringed split leather jackets like she was wearing were a really big fad in 1976 and 1977. I remember them very well.

That makes me think she hadn't gone shopping for clothing in quite a while. Her jacket was probably about four years old at that time. Which might not be a big surprise. If she was transient, she probably didn't have a lot of money to spend on clothes. I think she was probably on hard times.

Seventies Fashion Clothing from 1977 including Dresses, Skirts, Blouses and Suits

I just saw the news that she was in Shelby County. Shared it to the page.

This case has really has piqued my interest since I heard about the BG positive ID about a month ago. I grew up about 4 miles from where the body was found. I was 12 years old in 1981 but I vaguely remember the story from way back when. My older sister remembers it vividly and said all the local teen girls at the time were freaking out about the murder "down the street".

I decided to sign up for a websleuths account today because there is some information that I have discovered on the internet that seems to be confirmed by the Dayton Daily News report that just came out that stated Marcia King spent some time in northern Shelby County just prior to her murder.

There is a message board for former followers of The Way International in which a poster stated that Marcia had visited his/her home based Bible study in Pittsburgh just prior to her murder. The Way International is a Christian-based religious group that many consider a cult. It is based in New Knoxville, OH in Shelby County which is about 40 miles north from where her body was discovered.

The poster on the message board stated that Marcia King was with him/her in Pittsburgh for 2 weeks and then departed for New Knoxville. That may be the reason Marcia was in the area. The Way was much bigger back in the early 80s and had thousands of home-based "fellowships" throughout the country. Apparently, at that time(1981), The Way encouraged followers without a car to hitchhike to the group's various meetings throughout the country. The Way Intl. expanded during the Jesus Freak hippie movement of the late 60's attracting thousands of young people. I'm sure there were still some in the early 80's who resembled hippies. These were definitely alternative thinking Christians.

Hi and welcome! :welcome: Thank you so much for sharing this.

I think I'm going to make an account on that website when I go home and try to contact him for more info.

I've been thinking about how she was dressed very nice and stylish, but at the same time how 1970s her clothes looks. All that earth tone clothing she was wearing was really going out of style by the early 1980s. Those suede fringed split leather jackets like she was wearing were a really big fad in 1976 and 1977. I remember them very well.

That makes me think she hadn't gone shopping for clothing in quite a while. Her jacket was probably about four years old at that time. Which might not be a big surprise. If she was transient, she probably didn't have a lot of money to spend on clothes. I think she was probably on hard times.

Seventies Fashion Clothing from 1977 including Dresses, Skirts, Blouses and Suits

Yes but some "hippies" were also "Jesus Freaks" and still dressed in the 60s and 70s style for years. Religious groups meshed with the hippie street scene in places like Boulder and the Haight. Hare Krishnas were everywhere back then too. I saw it all on the streets of Boulder in late 60s early 70s. Another example was the STP Family but they were far from religious but they still dress in that style today. Google them and I think there even is or was a Facebook page also or there was not long ago. It is also a choice that people continued to dress that way not just that they couldn't afford newer fashion. I think cults are more likely to dress alternative. Leather goods like that were pricey back in the day and they did not just appear on a regular basis in 2nd hand stores. Not to be negative toward anyone's post but in my opinion it is looking a lot like she was associated with this cult at time of her murder.

Onfortuneswheel mentioned earlier that they were encouraged to hitchhike everywhere. That's what I was going by. It was also mentioned that maybe she did odd jobs, which they did at The Way.

I was just looking at another explanation for her murder that, as far as I know hasn't been mentioned yet. It is interestiny, to me anyway. But, this explanation is MOO. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

You may be onto something. LE just announced that Marcia spent time shortly before her death in northern Shelby County where The Way is headquartered.

You may be onto something. LE just announced that Marcia spent time shortly before her death in northern Shelby County where The Way is headquartered.
Wow! That is interesting, I haven't been keeping up with the updates lately. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member