CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another absolutely fascinating episode of the 12-26-75 podcast is now available:

https://soundcloud.com/12-26-75/ep-16-ps-where-are-my-pants

They state that they have almost completed Episode 17, but this is an almost one hour post-script to Episode 16.

Yet again it contain dozens of new crimes that may well have been committed by JJD while living in Exeter.

Short summary:

1.) JJD may have been an "Exeter Ransacker" at the same time he was the Visalia Ransacker. Similar items (including a LOT of firearms) were being stolen, the same homes being attacked repeatedly, ransacking, stealing rare coins, raiding piggy banks etc...

2.) Dozens of serious arson attacks and dozens of nuisance crimes (damaging an entire car-park full of cars at the same time, smashing windows in homes and businesses to set off alarms etc...) apparently began as soon as JJD moved to Exeter and greatly reduced as soon as he left Exeter. Their current theory is JJD was committing many of these crimes to keep the single on-duty police officer in Exeter busy, and thus give JJD the freedom to peep, prowl, stalk etc...

3.) They have found what sound like JJD crimes back as far as 1968...

Available on iTunes... :)

You have to wonder why anyone, as disturbed as that, managed to fly under the radar for so long. Some serious incompetency here, in my opinion.

Took something nice .that the people clearly treasured ..it was about punishing them...probably didnt take the goods back to his house.he was putting it over his wife like he put it over hs mother as a young boy. Getting out at night without it being known.

Another absolutely fascinating episode of the 12-26-75 podcast is now available:

This episode possibly also contained yet another time JJD dodged capture and/or death, but this time it was way back in 1969 - long before he ever became the VR...

Also, December 17th (1969, reported in the Exeter Sun)

Mother's Screams Scare Away Prowler

An Exeter mother's screams frightened away an unidentified man, who was climbing through a window into her children's bedroom, at 2:25am Tuesday. Mrs Billy-Joe Stephenson of 1007 East List, Exexter told Sheriff's Deputies that she was awakened by her youngsters cries, went into their bedroom, and saw a heavy-set man entering the darkened room through the window. Mrs Stephenson's screams woke her husband, who grabbed a rifle from the bedroom closet and ran into the children's room just as the would-be prowler crawled back out through the window. Mr Stephenson fired the gun, hitting the window as the suspect fled on foot.

Episode 16 Post-Script: (12:28 - 13:10)

Of course, this incident may not have been JJD, but it certainly seems as though he was already committing hot-prowl burglaries in Exeter by 1969. Unless he confesses to being responsible for this attempted crime, we will never know.

My own opinions...

That sounds so risky compared to his normal MO. They must have really needed plates and silver at his house. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He had quite good taste... The china and silver was beautiful.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They state that they have almost completed Episode 17, but this is an almost one hour post-script to Episode 16.

Yet again it contain dozens of new crimes that may well have been committed by JJD while living in Exeter.

Short summary:

1.) JJD may have been an "Exeter Ransacker" at the same time he was the Visalia Ransacker. Similar items (including a LOT of firearms) were being stolen, the same homes being attacked repeatedly, ransacking, stealing rare coins, raiding piggy banks etc...

2.) Dozens of serious arson attacks and dozens of nuisance crimes (damaging an entire car-park full of cars at the same time, smashing windows in homes and businesses to set off alarms etc...) apparently began as soon as JJD moved to Exeter and greatly reduced as soon as he left Exeter. Their current theory is JJD was committing many of these crimes to keep the single on-duty police officer in Exeter busy, and thus give JJD the freedom to peep, prowl, stalk etc...

This podcast has done such a good job. It also addresses the antenna that we saw on top of the house in pictures up thread. They said that the antenna was a ham radio antenna, used for CDs and Ham radios and that he had stolen some in earlier years. Also remember, at one point in the VR I believe, they said they had CB and ham radio people helping out. Or was that an EAR/ONS situation where the ham radio and CB people were helping out?

So many interesting things in this episode. One thing that stood out to me, was that someone who spoke out about how to prevent the burglaries, was later burglarized. Sounds familiar to the person that spoke out about how could someone rape a wife if the husband is there.

does anything think he'd be sitting back now gloating and not giving up too much (but just enough info) and taunting police that it took them this long to find him.

i think thats exactly what he'd be doing. he has nothing to lose now at his age does he.

does anything think he'd be sitting back now gloating and not giving up too much (but just enough info) and taunting police that it took them this long to find him.

i think thats exactly what he'd be doing. he has nothing to lose now at his age does he.

No. He seemed to be fine laying low. Had to know about all the books and TV specials. He's not dumb. All the advances in DNA. Ego is what got BTK....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/golden...o-charged-with-four-more-decades-old-murders/
Santa Barbara County District Attorney Joyce Dudley said she is filling four counts of first-degree murder with special circumstances against Joseph James DeAngelo, who is currently in custody in Sacramento.

The Santa Barbara charges relate to the July 1981 murders of Cheri Domingo and Greg Sanchez, and the December 1979 murders of Debra Alexandria Manning and Robert Offerman, all reportedly in the Goleta area. Dudley said Santa Barbara investigators

Both of the double murders were allegedly carried out during burglaries where DeAngelo was armed with a gun, according to the charges. He's accused of killing Domingo and Manning during the commission of a rape. DeAngelo faces life in prison or the death penalty.

click in link " according to the charges ” for the CHARGING DOCUMENT or https://www.countyofsb.org/da/msm_county/documents/josephjamesdangelofelonycomplaint.pdf

I have an odd question..... were many of the murdered couples unmarried? I notice lots of different last names between the victims that were murdered together.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I dunno. It’s all so bizarre. I mean let’s say he stole all the silverware and china. That’s hard t hide if he didn’t toss them on his way home.

well, his family would know if those items ever made it home or not. Or if he just broke or tossed them.

Short summary:

He must have been extremely bored and busy person. Where did he find the time and energy to commit all these crimes?!

Whàngarei;14103100 said:
Took something nice .that the people clearly treasured ..it was about punishing them...probably didnt take the goods back to his house.he was putting it over his wife like he put it over hs mother as a young boy. Getting out at night without it being known.

I think that's the real motive. He stole it because he could, it gave him the thrill to steal. Maybe broke it, tossed it and thought it was funny or worse gave it to his wife knowing full well where it came from. Maybe gave him some sadistic thrill to see it everyday and his wife was none-the-wiser.

i think thats exactly what he'd be doing. he has nothing to lose now at his age, does he.

He thinks he's smarter than everyone else and above the law. I absolutely do think he is gloating and enjoying this.

I am still curious whether JJD was also Australia's Mr. Cruel.

-It fits the timeframe; 1986 - last attack, then he was off the radar until he began to work at SaveMart in 1991 - the year Mr. Cruel's last attack took place before he presumedly vanished.
-There are many similarities between the perps.
-JJD has lived in Australia before, when he was a marine.
-The victims were younger girls, but I think it never truly was sex he was interested in. It was terror, and as he was getting older and less physically capable he needed easier victims than grown men and women.

DNA will give us the answer I suppose.

I am still curious whether JJD was also Australia's Mr. Cruel.

-It fits the timeframe; 1986 - last attack, then he was off the radar until he began to work at SaveMart in 1991 - the year Mr. Cruel's last attack took place before he presumedly vanished.
-There are many similarities between the perps.
-JJD has lived in Australia before, when he was a marine.
-The victims were younger girls, but I think it never truly was sex he was interested in. It was terror, and as he was getting older and less physically capable he needed easier victims than grown men and women.

DNA will give us the answer I suppose.

That’s been debunked by Australian authorities. Don’t have time to search for a link right now, but I believe it was dna that ruled him out. I’ll look for a link later.

Also, I believe it was his father, JJD Sr., who served in Australia. JJD Jr, aka GSK/EAR/ONS/VRS, served in the Navy, not the Marines. There’s been a lot of confusion about the military service because he, his father and his brother all served in the military at some point. So some wires are getting crossed.

MOO

I have an odd question..... were many of the murdered couples unmarried? I notice lots of different last names between the victims that were murdered together.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-golden-state-goleta-20180511-story.html

"At a community meeting two days later, neighbors said it seemed the killer was targeting unmarried couples. They entertained the idea of making their marital status more obvious.

"Maybe we should put a big ol' sign on our garage door that says, 'We're married,' and maybe the guy won't come," Richard Chayra, 74, recalled saying at the time."

The neighbors may have felt that way, but the first few couples he attacked, he referred to the man as the husband, so he didn't seem to be aware that they were unmarried at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks