Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the lids and tubes are 24" diameter. He seemed widest at the shoulders. But we dont know where it is located on the property. If it is visible from the road then it is really unlikely that's what happened. I still think it would be super easy for someone to pull behind the shop and load his body or force him into a vehicle that no one would see.
According to a neighbor of MC, the septic is located behind the house. This person also claims that they have an old style system and that all the tanks are buried underground and are non accessible. However, the house listing says aerobic water system. There is a difference between a traditional septic and aerobic. I am not real familiar with these systems but I thought you had to be able to access the pump tank?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerobic_treatment_system

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

According to a neighbor of MC, the septic is located behind the house. This person also claims that they have an old style system and that all the tanks are buried underground and are non accessible. However, the house listing says aerobic water system. There is a difference between a traditional septic and aerobic. I am not real familiar with these systems but I thought you had to be able to access the pump tank?

If it is an aerobic system, Hunt County requires it to be tested every 4 months by an authorized maintenance provider. This applies to all homes in the county that have this type system.
http://www.huntcounty.net/DocumentCenter/View/59

MOO...based on the age of the house, it is very typical & most likely in Hunt Co that it would be an aerobic system.

ETA...if the light is on, it could probably be reported to the health department.

If it is an aerobic system, Hunt County requires it to be tested every 4 months by an authorized maintenance provider. This applies to all homes in the county that have this type system.
http://www.huntcounty.net/DocumentCenter/View/59

MOO...based on the age of the house, it is very typical & most likely in Hunt Co that it would be an aerobic system.

ETA...if the light is on, it could probably be reported to the health department.
So basically at least one tank should be accessible?

So basically at least one tank should be accessible?

I don't know what all is involved in "maintenance." It is not required to be pumped every 4 months, but some sort of check to make sure the system is functioning properly. This may not involve access to the actual tanks.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I don't know what all is involved in "maintenance." It is not required to be pumped every 4 months, but some sort of check to make sure the system is functioning properly. This may not involve access to the actual tanks.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Ok thank you!

Thanks for the heads-up!

I believe it is OK to link directly to Klein's FB page since it's a FB-Verified page.

Is this the post you are talking about? The news absolutely made my day!

"Statement regarding missing person, Michael Chambers:

We would like to thank Crime Watch Daily for covering the case of missing person, Michael Chambers. Several people have been interviewed and we look forward to the episode airing in the near future.

At this time, the case is continuing to progress forward at a fast pace. We want to thank the people whom have sent in tips and information regarding what you have seen and/or heard.

No tip is too small or insignificant. If you think you know something, or if you think you saw something, we encourage you to call it in. It may be the missing piece needed to help find Michael.

Tips may be called into KIC TEXAS at 409-729-8798 x3 or your local law enforcement agency." (BBM)

https://www.facebook.com/KleinInvestigations/posts/1697693416979902

I will post an MSM article as soon as I find one.

Yes, that's it, IMHO and I appreciate you posting the link. It was so late ( or early..) when I read it, I just wasn't sure if allowable so didn't take the chance. I'd first seen the article about 15 minutes or so after they put it out there. Thank you! Even though there's not any new factual news, I was excited to read Klein's sentence re: the fast pace of their investigation! Hoping beyond hope.

Crime Watch should air this month. It comes on KDAF aka CW. It doesn't come on the ID channel. I think there is some confusion in the comments of that post. Disappeared will air on Fathers Day for sure though:)

Is Crime Watch also something that can be watched via internet? I'll have to see if I can find it on our TV listings, but have never seen the show.

Is Crime Watch also something that can be watched via internet? I'll have to see if I can find it on our TV listings, but have never seen the show.

Crime Watch Daily usually posts videos of the stories they cover on their website within a few days of a show airing. They also might post some video clips on their FB page. I have my DVR set to record CWD because it airs here at something like 3:00 am, which is ridiculous. I don't watch every episode, but I'll definitely be looking for this one.

Crime Watch Daily usually posts videos of the stories they cover on their website within a few days of a show airing. They also might post some video clips on their FB page. I have my DVR set to record CWD because it airs here at something like 3:00 am, which is ridiculous. I don't watch every episode, but I'll definitely be looking for this one.

Thanks, liltexans. I keep some odd hours often ( because I can, lol) but I'd not watch a TV show at 3 AM either. I hope I'll be able to find it and watch during it's broadcast.

I'm not sure if you can watch it via internet, but it's something to check into. It's a good show. Elizabeth Smart is one of their reporters. It comes on at 12 noon and repeats at 3 am here in tx.

She didn't say if it is visible from Hideaway Rd or not. I find it confusing that the VI said it was checked in an early search of the property. If it is buried and the ground was not disturbed what would lead them to check it? Maybe by checking, what was meant is that they looked at it to see if any dirt was disturbed.

The tank is underground. It has a huge cement lid over it that is usually completely covered with grass, BUT there is a smaller lid within the large lid that is usually marked somehow above ground. This is the access hole used to insert a hose for cleaning out the tank if need be. We have lived in 3 different homes with old timey septic systems. 1 was cleaned out once in about 8 years. Another we had to clean out every 3-4 years and the last one we have lived in 13 ears and it has never been cleaned out and we have no problems at all. It would be possible to put a body in one, but the large VERY HEAVY cement lid would have to be dug up and removed to accomplish it. (Sorry to have to type those words!)

She didn't say if it is visible from Hideaway Rd or not. I find it confusing that the VI said it was checked in an early search of the property. If it is buried and the ground was not disturbed what would lead them to check it? Maybe by checking, what was meant is that they looked at it to see if any dirt was disturbed.
I noticed she didn't answer if it was visible from hideaway too. If it's behind the house i wouldnt think you could see it from there but not sure. And the VI statement is exactly what confused me too. You are probably correct about them looking at the ground surrounding it instead of the actual tank itself, but I could have sworn they said that it WAS looked in. I also vaguely remember discussion of a well and stock tank being searched too so I could have them all confused lol

The tank is underground. It has a huge cement lid over it that is usually completely covered with grass, BUT there is a smaller lid within the large lid that is usually marked somehow above ground. This is the access hole used to insert a hose for cleaning out the tank if need be. We have lived in 3 different homes with old timey septic systems. 1 was cleaned out once in about 8 years. Another we had to clean out every 3-4 years and the last one we have lived in 13 ears and it has never been cleaned out and we have no problems at all. It would be possible to put a body in one, but the large VERY HEAVY cement lid would have to be dug up and removed to accomplish it. (Sorry to have to type those words!)

I understand. If the larger underground tank was used as a hiding place, do you think enough time has gone by for the grass and everything to grow back up so it now appears undisturbed? If so, it's pretty safe to say it won't be checked for awhile.

Yes, the grass could be covering it by now.. In fact, someone could dig it up, recover it and plant grass on top and make it look pretty well undisturbed. But it would have had to be done after the initial search I would think. It would be pretty obvious if done the day he went missing.

I keep going back to the missing drivers license......

Hmmmmm

Maybe it was a burglary gone wrong since Papaw was there.

Perhaps they told Papaw to get his debit card and planned to make him withdraw money.

He acted like he was getting his bank card but took drivers license instead?

IDK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can't be ruled out, but I think a burglary is one of the least probable scenarios. There were too many things of value that were left untouched.
Hmmmmm

Maybe it was a burglary gone wrong since Papaw was there.

Perhaps they told Papaw to get his debit card and planned to make him withdraw money.

He acted like he was getting his bank card but took drivers license instead?

IDK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads