Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #22 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trial already??

Why would they need jury selection if what ESO so it's a "bench" trial. I thought a bench trial was trial by Judge - ??

So - sorry, but I skimed over the last 100 posts - so - do we know for sure there will be trial on Monday the 14th? Or just a continuance, since the Judge won't rule on the suppress motion until that Friday 5/18.

TIA! :wave:

Boy - you guys move quick....

Page 4 of Monday’s docket states criminal jury trial
1a2bf04860cd02e765b9c4a1dab0c2c5.jpg

http://www.dc18.org/courtscheduling/cratty/crattytomorrow.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe EG has possible blackmail material on more than just one person.

If JH knows she EG killed LH, why is he so supportive? Or sat least stating he is to our VI?

It is possible JH wants EG out because he feels he would have a better chance of finding LH with EG in his control. This is nothing more than my opinion, I know I would want her out.

What did she say when she said remove from the record? I keep missing this.about fri/sat ? Also did Lucas have 2 visitors while she was gone to og, the ll and a neighbor?

I'm wondering this myself. I hope one of our VI's will chime in. It would be so great if the 2 visitors were not one and the same.

Bringing this forward as I feel ourselves on dangerous ground.

Eta: Can we talk about EG's cousin since she's been mentioned in the interview? Tia.

You may talk about JO’s comments about KE and any MSM statements about KE. We’re still not allowing full sleuthing of KE unless and until we learn that KE had direct involvement in Lucas’ disappearance or in covering up abuse for EG. HTH

Sorry I didn’t want to go there either but once that evil has touched your life it’s never the last thing that comes to mind, it’s always the first. And it creates suspicion in every situation in ones life.

Glad y’all were brave enough to say it as I’ve been thinking it for a week now. My ex would have done ANYTHING if I would have covered for him. I just wasn’t willing to do so and put my child first.
It may be that I thought of this just because of my situation but I was too chicken to admit it.
Glad I’m not the only one wondering this.
This doesn’t mean he actually did anything, but perhaps she said she will lie and say he did because she wants to take him down the rabbit hole with her....

Thank you for the explanation, one more question if the State of Kansas Dept of Child and Family services comes after you for support and you have no job and don't pay it can you be charged and incarcerated for non payment of court ordered child support or do they just seize tax returns and such?

Speaking from personal experience they can but typically won’t. There’s too many that don’t pay it. What they do is every 3-4 years if there is non payment they will subpoena the one that is supposed to pay and find out what the reason of the non payment is. They’ve given my ex husband 3 chances and told him he would be in contempt of court for non payment if he got behind again. I’ve never once seen a tax return of his used to pay amounts in the rears. I actually have to file an extension every year to fight my child tax credit that he tries to take. Happens every single year. There is no contact, by his choice and no financial help. Sadly my children want nothing to do with him after years of trying and I cannot blame them. I wouldn’t either. Not sure how people can just walk away and not support them more than just financially - more so mentally and physically.

I do not think JH knows what happened to LH, at least beyond what we can surmise and here's why.

EG lied about JO seeing/exchanging gifts with Lucas on Valentine's Day. I'm pretty sure this was after he came up missing and an attempt to make it seem like JO 1. knew where they lived (though we know now that she did not and didn't even know they moved) and 2. would have been in the area and able to come take him away.

I am wondering if EG even knew that JO was living in KC at this point. I would kind of think she had to, hence the reason she made up the VD tale to prove that she had told JO where they moved to, thus making it plausible that JO could have come to the house and taken him.

I'm betting that EG is sticking to that Valentine's Day story when it comes to LE and JH....probably trying to convince them that the lie detector was wrong, Jamie is tricking LE (lololol) and that she's an innocent victim in all of this. Narcissists like her don't go back on their own lies so easy - instead they try to make them seem more real by adding details and digging their heels in to deny they are lying even if presented with proof otherwise

Ughhh sorry If I'm rambling, thats just a thought that came to me. I coudl be entirely off.

In Kansas, they do go after the other parent for child support if the parent with the children is receiving food assistance.

So would that mean when my ex gets out of prison he will not only have to pay back child support but reimburse the state for any assistance we get due to lack of child support? Especially since the crimes were against our daughter?
Tia

I've been following these types of cases forever, it seems, and I've never heard of LE or FBI allowing someone to cherry pick their own questions. Polygraphs are only as good as the questions asked.
I can see where a Defense attorney who has their client take a poly using the Defense's own tailored questions and their own hired polygrapher could easily get their client to "pass" a poly.
Hard to believe that LE would allow someone to pick questions. JMO

I have never heard of it either. But if law enforcement noticed from early on that Emily is the type of person who has to be in control then they might have thought that allowing her to pick the questions would make her feel more in control of the answers. I think Jamie said that the police had a set of questions for her to pick from and every single question pertained to what happened to Lucas or his whereabouts so no matter what questions she picked she would still fail the polygraph no matter what if she was guilty of any of it. It may have just been a tactic they used to make her feel more comfortable. In my mind I imagine a child throwing a tantrum because they don't want to eat the peanut butter and jelly sandwich you made but if you let them help you make the peanut butter and jelly sandwich, they all of a sudden calm down and happily eat the peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Or something like that. lol. This is all IMO.

I think it was more along the lines of LE presented them with a list of questions, and they approved which ones they wanted to answer.... not that they each wrote their own questions. I could be wrong, that was just the gist I got from it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

That's what I'm assuming as well but that would still be the two of them cherry picking what they wanted to answer. I guess in this case the questions they didn't want to answer would also help as an investigative tool.

I still can't help but wonder where they get their drugs, moo.

Eta: Maybe the potential blackmail aspect somehow centers around this....dealing, manufacturing....

Wait a minute, smoking man, the couple she so kindly wanted to invite in...could they have been customers (if not dealers or just fellow users)?

Can we confirm EG has a scientific background....hmmmm, I'm really starting to wonder now.

Maybe this is why the landlord came by? Maybe there were reports of people coming and going? Maybe he wanted to go in the house and take a look?

*maybe I'm running too far with this...just an idea...

You're not alone with your thinking. I've wondered if she maybe sent a photo of the couple outside to JH in order for him to verify that they were indeed the people she needs to deal with. JMO

Thank you for the explanation, one more question if the State of Kansas Dept of Child and Family services comes after you for support and you have no job and don't pay it can you be charged and incarcerated for non payment of court ordered child support or do they just seize tax returns and such?

You are very welcome.

If you have no job and you go to show cause for not paying, you most likely won't go to jail. If you do not go to the court every month to explain then yes, they put a warrant out for your arrest. However, the payment to get out of jail is normally one month of child support. If the jail is full, they will take whatever you have in your pocket. I received a check for 10$ once because of this. Kansas has something called the set off program and it can take your state income tax check if you owe anything. I have never seen them touch federal.

In Missouri, at least, it can happen a few ways. During a divorce or custody hearing, a judge will order if and how much child support a parent should be paying. If there is no divorce or custody hearing, the custodial parent can go to FSD and request they bring a child support order against the non-custodial parent.

If those payments aren't made, the custodial parent can push for garnishment of wages - this would include income from work, tax refunds etc. Anything not paid will just build up into a balance owed. Once a person owes a certain amount, the state can then go further with trying to force payment such as revoking a driver's license and having the person arrested and jailed for non-payment.

Sadly, at least in my case, most of this doesn't make a difference. My children's father currently owes me nearly $10k. The child support caseworker contacted me months ago and asked if I would cooperate in legal proceedings against him which I agreed to. I have heard nothing since and when I call to ask, they tell me they have my case marked to not be reviewed again until November 2018. He works under the table as a maintenance man for the trailer park he lives in so there are no checks to be garnished, no income tax refunds to be held back.

Anyway, that's how child support works in Missouri, and I don't imagine it would be very different state to state.

I know in some states they can take away a driver's licenses and put a person in jail for not paying child support. He won't be able to get his licenses back (if he even has one) until he pays up.

Ok. Finally caught up. I have been dying to put my 2 cents in.

I do not feel that Emily has anything on Jonathan. The guy works a lot. I can not imagine a crime that he could have committed that would be bigger than a child being murdered unless he actually assisted in it. IMO, he loves Emily. I think that when his mind is clear, he knows that she is capable of doing something like that. But when there are people whispering in his ear, putting ideas and theories into his head, he changes his mind and thinks that there is no way Emily could have done it. I am betting that while he is at work and not on his phone is when he is constantly thinking on his own and thinks to himself that Emily killed his son. He does seem to flip flop a lot.

I am extremely curious about Jamie saying that Emily's family are the one's who called DCF first. I know that someone in Emily's family said that Emily stopped talking to them for awhile, but that was recent. It just makes me wonder why they are behind her now if they suspected that Emily was abusing Lucas all along?

I agree with Jamie's assessment that Lucas isn't more than 100 ft from the road. This is why I think the restricted/suspended drivers license is important. I think he is a lot closer to the home then people think and I think she purposely mentioned other things like parks and whatever to throw the police off. She may have even turned her phone off and drove somewhere, turned her phone back on and did something in that area for the purpose of getting a phone ping in that area. This line of thinking brings me to my next thought.

I wonder if Jonathan and Emily or just Emily went house hunting before they found the place on Edgemoor. I am wondering if maybe they seen multiple houses, maybe Emily remembered one having something that she could hide Lucas in that he would never be found. A well, a shed that looked like it hadn't been used in years, a tree house, a pond, an abandoned vehicle, under a porch, or even a boarded up abandoned house close by. Nobody would think to look on property like that nor could they because it is private property. This came to my mind last night because someone in Topeka found what looked to be human remains under the porch in their rental home. The police still have not said exactly what the remains are but they sure had that house wrapped up tight with crime scene tape.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FWIBWShawn%2Fvideos%2F1797227770572021%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="314" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

The "link" is a live video from WIBW'S Shawn Wheat. He covered the crime scene last night. I do not know why it is not a clickable link but I think if you copy paste to the FB search bar, it should pop up.

So would that mean when my ex gets out of prison he will not only have to pay back child support but reimburse the state for any assistance we get due to lack of child support? Especially since the crimes were against our daughter?
Tia

This was well over 10 years ago but I received cash assistance and they GARNISHED the dad's check for child support (I went through the state to collect) I got a check from the state it seemed like every couple months, they kept some of the money as well, my guess to cover some of the money I was receiving from state. And I did go for back child support also but that was done through a lawyer - from that I received his income tax refund. Not sure what the lawyer did to get that but it had covered all the back child support I was awarded. Then I had his parental rights taken away, also going through the lawyer. I don't know if that helps but if you would like to pm me, if you have any questions I can possibly help with.

What did she say when she said remove from the record? I keep missing this.about fri/sat ? Also did Lucas have 2 visitors while she was gone to og, the ll and a neighbor?

She just said something about wanting to know what happened Friday night or JH not knowing what happened Friday night or something like that. The interviewer said, "Wait, what? Friday? But he was reported missing on Saturday...?" And she said, "Ohhhh, ummm, yeah, strike that from the record." So she just let it slip that what happened happened on Friday, not Saturday... which we already knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea