Australia - 7 dead in mass shooting and suicide - Osmington WA - 11 May 2018

Um.....I was not leading towards the ex/dad until I read that article....I know he is a victim. However, his choice of words and things he said have my antennae raised

Um.....I was not leading towards the ex/dad until I read that article....I know he is a victim. However, his choice of words and things he said have my antennae raised

Verrrrrrrry strange huh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He can barely contain his joy, that's how I read him.

I think it seems like the grandfather is responsible, it's a "simple" murder-suicide and the one of the most heart-breaking types of family anihilation I can think of :(

But I do not like the ex-husband's remarks and it raises a big giant hinky in me.

"I've got an awesome, powerful, strong family, they get their strength from Jehovah and so do I."

"A lot of my strength is from him to."
I wonder what JWs teach about death? Because I’ve never been interested in talking to them and the next things he said are strange.

II will always remember their personalities," he said.

"It's not like they died as a baby and I didn't know who they were.

"It might sound weird but the kids went to sleep and now they are nothing, but to them, they're already in a new system.

"We're just lagging a bit behind. They're already there. They'll all be the same. Just like a time period difference
Perhaps his grief is making him say some weird things, but these quotes are downright nuts.

I guess it depends who you talk to really. For our family it has been decimating (the NDIS). So much so it has wiped out the school bus meaning parents need to do all the transport. Also they want the carers to have access to our car.
I guess I was speaking from a personal viewpoint in that the NDIS is not all sunshine and rainbows for everyone.

Yes, the arrangements for transport have changed, but AFAIK it's just that, a change. Everyone I know that was getting transport before (eg to after school care) is now getting it through the provider instead of through former transport. While teething problems are definitely a present concern - eg there is a period of time between old things finishing and the new things starting where individuals have to take up some shortfall - the funding for the NDIS blows what was available before out of the water. (Yes, I am a pretty big fan of the NDIS, even though I know it's a pain getting onboard).

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...-shooting-victims-speaks-20180513-p4zezt.html

His words and the way he acts is a bit unexpected, I guess. But then the way people are in the immediate aftermath of a tragedy or bereavement is often not exactly how their grief plays out over time. Shock can do that.

And the police seem very certain.

“I wish to strongly emphasise police do not believe any other person is involved with these crimes. Police are not searching for any other suspect,” Commissioner Dawson said.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wonder what JWs teach about death? Because I’ve never been interested in talking to them and the next things he said are strange.

Perhaps his grief is making him say some weird things, but these quotes are downright nuts.

He's a JW? that "they are nothing" actually does match the way they talk about people who die. You turn to nothing, (only a very special elite go to heaven and I'm pretty sure they believe those spots are already allocated) and are only resurrected after armageddon if Jehovah judges you worthy of eternal Paradise.

Question: In report it said that police were called at 515, but didnt get there till 6am, yet the trip is only a 25 min drive. Curiious why it would take longer?

Question: In report it said that police were called at 515, but didnt get there till 6am, yet the trip is only a 25 min drive. Curiious why it would take longer?

Small town, maybe had to get police from other areas?

What about in the video where he says the last couple of months, he was driving around thinking, that's all right, I'll get 'em back some day . . . Peter and Cynda, that is. And, does it make sense that he's been so angry with Peter and Cynda for cutting him off from his children, and now after they've apparently killed the children and cut him off from them forever, the anger's totally gone? That's him actually speaking, it's not the media twisting his words.

Small town, maybe had to get police from other areas?

The call went to the Marg river police station. But perhaps it was a busselton police who went out, but i assumed it was the police from margaret river

I must have completely missed this. Can you please link where the Jehovah quote is from please? TIA!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back