Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the possibilities I'm pondering is that Julie Cutler was taken hostage in a kidnap for ransom attempt. It's a long shot, but the known facts can fit with it, and there's at least one POI that was in Perth and was convicted of another kidnapping for ransom a few years later.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...g-murdered-SK-victims&p=14102996#post14102996

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Wow Pete, that's an amazing story on that WS link! To say the plot thickens is an understatement, and even though it sounds far-fetched, after all the true crime shows I've watched, and the incredibly dumb stuff that happens due to ridiculous schemes to get rich quick (poorly planned bank heists, crazy kidnap attempts just as you have outlined etc. in real life cases) nothing surprises me anymore. Poor Julie Cutler, if this IS true, how terribly sad and what a cruel fate, just because of her name.

Wow Pete, that's an amazing story on that WS link! To say the plot thickens is an understatement, and even though it sounds far-fetched, after all the true crime shows I've watched, and the incredibly dumb stuff that happens due to ridiculous schemes to get rich quick (poorly planned bank heists, crazy kidnap attempts just as you have outlined etc. in real life cases) nothing surprises me anymore. Poor Julie Cutler, if this IS true, how terribly sad and what a cruel fate, just because of her name.

It doesnt explain the call from the woman "please leave me alone."

Given that a man and a woman unidentified left immediately after Julie from the Parmelia staff hospitality party, I wont be surprised if a woman is involved.

It sounds like a victim disappearing act by a killer or killers.
Id say the hundreds of WA officers allocated have thrown the kitchen sink at this.
Once certain outcomes arrive more info will go in the breach.

Constitutional law comprises of Westminster and stuff.
Did someone say republic?

What has Ciara Glennons father being friends with a politician and her boss practising constitutional law got to do with a girl getting assaulted and the murder of Sharon Mason?

It doesnt explain the call from the woman "please leave me alone."

Given that a man and a woman unidentified left immediately after Julie from the Parmelia staff hospitality party, I wont be surprised if a woman is involved.

It sounds like a victim disappearing act by a killer or killers.
Id say the hundreds of WA officers allocated have thrown the kitchen sink at this.
Once certain outcomes arrive more info will go in the breach.
There would be a couple of possible scenarios that could have most of the weird things that happened, but maybe not all. The phone call, could be a combined, "proof of life statement" and a plea not to involve the press, if the perpetrators thought that the press maybe knew a ransom demand was made. Police certainly wouldn't disclose such a thing, and the first thing you see in movies about kidnapping is the perpetrator always demands that the police are not informed. As I said, it's a long shot, but former detective Carey believes there was more than one person involved. Which means it was probably organised and planned. Why would a group organise and plan an abduction, other than to share a profit from it? Scoping out and breaking into a home, is exactly what former SAS commando, David Everett and his gang of ex SAS commandos did to victims prior to kidnapping / holding their families hostage for ransom some years later. https://www.watoday.com.au/national...e-question-still-remains-20180423-p4zb5k.html
https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Everett

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

MD – Had black, short and very neatly trimmed– wavy hair – height 192cms (6’ 3”) – sharp facial features - thick eyebrows (possibly shaved in middle)

BRE – Had black, short straight hair – Approximate Height 188cm (6’ 2”) – rounded facial features - thick eyebrows (possibly shaved in middle)

I don't suppose either one had permed their hair.
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...bowman-rape/&usg=AOvVaw17BAq8D1fRwv9_3kfF65TW

MD – Had black, short and very neatly trimmed– wavy hair – height 192cms (6’ 3”) – sharp facial features - thick eyebrows (possibly shaved in middle)

BRE – Had black, short straight hair – Approximate Height 188cm (6’ 2”) – rounded facial features - thick eyebrows (possibly shaved in middle)

Does anyone have a link to the dark haired man in the taxi with SS - the night before she went missing. He had small curls at the back. There was an unconfirmed post that MD arrived in WA - Jan 1996. Does anyone have any conformation?

Does anyone have a link to the dark haired man in the taxi with SS - the night before she went missing. He had small curls at the back. There was an unconfirmed post that MD arrived in WA - Jan 1996. Does anyone have any conformation?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ntidqi1g...+Sarah+too.pdf

The Post 25th Oct 2002

I saw Sarah too: witness backs taxi driver
The Post
Bret
Christian
A Jolimont
man has backed up the story of taxi driver Steven Ross who says he took Sarah Spiers to South Perth on
the morning before she disappeared.
David Boudville (53), of Lansdowne Street, said he had seen Ms Spiers with a man outside a flat in Mill Point Road
early in the morning she disappeared, in January 1996.
Mr Boudville owned an investment unit on the ground floor at 160 Mill Point Road, South Perth.
"I was standing around in the foyer pondering whether it was too early to knock on the door to talk abou
t rent," he
said.
"Sarah Spiers and a man came in, pressed the button for the lift and they both went upstairs.
"I'm certain it was her. I'm pretty good with faces because I do a lot of photography.
"As soon as I saw her photo in the paper I contacted t
he police and said that I'd seen her."
Taxi driver Steven Ross said he contacted police eight years ago to say he had dropped Ms Spiers near the Windsor
Hotel in South Perth early on the day before she disappeared.
In late August this year, his home in E
mbleton, owned by former Claremont mayor Peter Weygers, was raided by
Macro officers (POST August 28).
Mr Weygers' home in Richardson Avenue, Claremont, was raided and searched three weeks later.
Mr Ross said he had contacted police in 1996 because Ms Sp
iers (18) had got into his taxi outside Club Bay View in
Claremont.
He had thought it was the night she disappeared, but later discovered it was the night before.
But he said he still believed the man who rode in his cab with her might know something
about the crime.
Mr Ross said the man appeared to be hanging around outside Club Bay View waiting for a woman to catch a cab
alone.
When Ms Spiers got into the cab, the man got in beside her. It was clear they did not know each other.
Then a young woman
who had been drinking got in the front and asked to go to Dalkeith. The man had originally
said he wanted to go to a nightclub in the city.
Mr Ross said he dropped the woman in Dalkeith then headed for Mounts Bay Road.
Sarah and the man were chatting, a
nd by the time they reached the University of WA the man had decided to go
to South Perth, where Ms Spiers was heading.
When the cab reached the Windsor Hotel, in Mill Point Road, the cab stopped. The man pushed Sarah out of the
cab, paid the fare and got
out with her.

Mr Boudville said the flats were 200m to 300m from the Windsor.
"Sarah seemed pretty relaxed," he said.
"She had her hair up and was dressed in a blouse and dress shorts.
"The man was tall, well dressed, skinny with sharp features, black
hair, with small curls at the back.
"I didn't get a good look at his face.
"As soon as I saw her picture it hit me that it was the same girl.
"I reported it straight away to the police, but nothing happened.
"I wondered why I would see her in South
Perth if she disappeared from Claremont. It was not until much later
that I found out she lived in South Perth.
"I didn't think she looked dressed for a nightclub, but she might have got changed and gone to breakfast when I
saw them coming back.
"I let i
t ride all those years until I read in the POST last week about the taxi driver."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a blonde man in the taxi with SS, the night before.

There was a blonde man in the taxi with SS, the night before.
Thanks Annalise,

IC, the information Annalise provided states black hair, with small curls at the back. Tall and skinny, sharp features - sounds more like MD.

The Post 25th Oct 2002

The Post, Bret Christian - 2005.10.02

"The man was tall, well dressed, skinny with sharp features, black hair, with small curls at the back.

Thanks Annalise,

IC, the information Annalise provided states black hair, with small curls at the back. Tall and skinny, sharp features - sounds more like MD.

The Post 25th Oct 2002

"The man was tall, well dressed, skinny with sharp features, black hair, with small curls at the back.

Hi Jackman - back in Thread #5 posted by Crabstick on 8-5-2016, #837

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/c...ostimg.org/x8inah69b/taxi_sarah_bushtrack.jpg

There was a discussion going on about a blonde haired guy being in the taxi with SS.

Thanks Annalise,

The Post 25th Oct 2002

I'm not disputing that description of the man seen possible coming back into her apartment from breakfast with SS the morning after. This was a description by the landlord who owned an apartment in the same block.

The description by Steve Ross taxi driver who dropped her off the night before that was quoted when the man seemed to be waiting for a girl to get a taxi and the drunk female also got into the taxi at the last minute, and was dropped off in Dalkeith. This was who I thought you were asking about and he was clearly describe as tall, handsome and blonde.

Steve Ross rang 6PR radio station just after Ciara was taken and gave his story and it was reported in The West Australian the day after. It's been posted here on ws, a few times.

Thank you Innerchild - for not disagreeing and so well done ! For interpreting that accurately. Looks everyone, we agreed [emoji2]
I had hoped that you would like to read about that stuff on the inverse barometer phenomenon on tide levels, (although not many others here are interested, sorry folks ignore).
And as we know it was a high cell on the days especially mon - tues.
So some effect- no doubt (~15cm ).

Why dont you agree that the car went in early on Monday AM ?
1. Is it the disbelief of the "big waves" theory , washing up to the wall ?
or
2. That Nobody found the car until wednesday? (So it is impossible in your opinion? )

It Could be explained that the sea water was very murky after the big storm and swells being giant along the whole WA coast the day, days and even some weeks prior .
And that the swimmers and surfers didnt see it for ~2/3 days : mon, tues & found weds morning ? Im unsure what to think about that but reckon its possible .
The whole thing is hard to comprehend and not easily done. So incomprehensible that many people just skip that bit and dont want to speculate at all. then there's a few that criticize the few who will try .
Theres a lot more to solve with this, and i hope JC can be found . JmO .
Thanks to metic for the 1997 article quoting Ron Casey and to PD for the link to the May 8th 2018 article also quoting him.
https://www.watoday.com.au/national...e-question-still-remains-20180423-p4zb5k.html

In the first he is giving his theory after 9 years, then in the second after 30 years. There are some interesting new information but discrepancies with the facts to support all of his theory, IMO.

[FONT=&amp]“That particular night, there were strong winds and rain to the extent that the waves were lapping the retaining the wall of the Cottesloe Surf Club.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“It had to go into the water that night because the next day, the water had subsided, the tide had gone out leaving a wide gap of sand between the edge of the retaining wall and the surf.”

[/FONT]
The tide hadn't gone out and was still coming in, leaving a wide gap of sand between the edge of the retaining wall and surf. The waves were not lapping at the retaining wall that night, and he may have seen the waves lapping the retaining wall that Friday 24 of Saturday 25th when the storm did roll in.

I spoke to swimmers who swam every morning and were there. I swam there every day for two years myself. In the conditions it is not hard to have seen the car. It could not have just floated away from the retaining wall at low tide in the conditions that were present in those two days, IMO.

Because of that I (and the Cott swimmers who said so at the time) don't believe the car entered the water until Tuesday night and was seen first light Wednesday morning. However, people can believe what they want.

It is interesting it is still an open investigation and Casey is calling for anyone who might have known something to come forward as relationships change.

[FONT=&amp]“All these years later I am still wondering if that person did exist, then maybe their relationship with the person or persons responsible for Julie’s disappearance has changed or soured to the point whereby he or she no longer feels the need to remain silent,” he said.[/FONT]

Also interesting that in the May 2018 report there is a picture of the car I've never seen before. It looks like the back lights are on. Could it be?

attachment.php

https://www.watoday.com.au/national...e-question-still-remains-20180423-p4zb5k.html

Attachments

• JC car towed in.jpg
    JC car towed in.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 129
Thanks to metic for the 1997 article quoting Ron Casey and to PD for the link to the May 8th 2018 article also quoting him.

In the first he is giving his theory after 9 years, then in the second after 30 years. There are some interesting new information but discrepancies with the facts to support all of his theory, IMO.

[FONT=&amp]“That particular night, there were strong winds and rain to the extent that the waves were lapping the retaining the wall of the Cottesloe Surf Club.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“It had to go into the water that night because the next day, the water had subsided, the tide had gone out leaving a wide gap of sand between the edge of the retaining wall and the surf.”

[/FONT]
The tide hadn't gone out and was still coming in, leaving a wide gap of sand between the edge of the retaining wall and surf. The waves were not lapping at the retaining wall that night, and he may have seen the waves lapping the retaining wall that Friday 24 of Saturday 25th when the storm did roll in.

I spoke to swimmers who swam every morning and were there. I swam there every day for two years myself. In the conditions it is not hard to have seen the car. It could not have just floated away from the retaining wall at low tide in the conditions that were present in those two days, IMO.

Because of that I (and the Cott swimmers who said so at the time) don't believe the car entered the water until Tuesday night and was seen first light Wednesday morning. However, people can believe what they want.

It is interesting it is still an open investigation and Casey is calling for anyone who might have known something to come forward as relationships change.

[FONT=&amp]“All these years later I am still wondering if that person did exist, then maybe their relationship with the person or persons responsible for Julie’s disappearance has changed or soured to the point whereby he or she no longer feels the need to remain silent,” he said.[/FONT]

Also interesting that in the May 2018 report there is a picture of the car I've never seen before. It looks like the back lights are on. Could it be?

attachment.php

Hi Innerchild - it DOES look like the lights are on in those photos you mentioned of the fiat. There is sooo much we don’t know about JC’s disappearance. It’s frustrating. MOO

Hi Innerchild - it DOES look like the lights are on in those photos you mentioned of the fiat. There is sooo much we don’t know about JC’s disappearance. It’s frustrating. MOO

Tailights on, means headlights on... going in and coming out of the ocean.

Attachments

• Theories.JPG
    Theories.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 122
I'm not disputing that description of the man seen possible coming back into her apartment from breakfast with SS the morning after. This was a description by the landlord who owned an apartment in the same block.

The description by Steve Ross taxi driver who dropped her off the night before that was quoted when the man seemed to be waiting for a girl to get a taxi and the drunk female also got into the taxi at the last minute, and was dropped off in Dalkeith. This was who I thought you were asking about and he was clearly describe as tall, handsome and blonde.

Steve Ross rang 6PR radio station just after Ciara was taken and gave his story and it was reported in The West Australian the day after. It's been posted here on ws, a few times.
Thanks IC,
I wonder who the drunk woman was - thinking of the Michelle mentioned previously. Does anyone know if Michelle lived in Dalkeith?
The drunk woman never came forward - possibly none the wiser. Never realizing she may have been a key witness. JMO

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...bowman-rape/&usg=AOvVaw17BAq8D1fRwv9_3kfF65TW

Hi Jackman - please post the link where you found BRE’s height at around 6ft 2 .

The KK attacker was described as below - should this be a description of the accused, height is closer to 6ft.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 173
Hi Jackman - please post the link where you found BRE’s height at around 6ft 2 .

The KK attacker was described as below - should this be a description of the accused, height is closer to 6ft.

attachment.php

http://www.news.com.au/national/cou...s/news-story/44d3d60b4c894e632bb30a23a11bc787

“Bradley Robert Edwards was a tall, dark-haired quiet schoolboy at the southeast Perth coeducational college who finished his senior school year in 1985”

In this article the accused CSK is described as a tall, dark-haired, quiet school boy. What height would he be? I associate the word tall with someone around six feet or more. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member