FOUND DECEASED - WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the hunters found the bones wouldn’t there have been some kind of search then? I find it strange if there wasn’t. Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There was some search, yes, but it was fall in the high country and apparently the snow closed in early last year. They haven't given out many details.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

A guy with this type of erratic criminal history doesn't strike me as the type to be able to keep his mouth shut. I'm afraid maybe he isn't our guy because I think he would have blabbed by now if he was.... I hope I'm wrong.

A guy with this type of erratic criminal history doesn't strike me as the type to be able to keep his mouth shut. I'm afraid maybe he isn't our guy because I think he would have blabbed by now if he was.... I hope I'm wrong.

Maybe he is haunted by the things he's done and that's why he's on drugs (according to the video his brother posted). Maybe he blabbed to his wife SC and she went to LE. The timing of their divorce and the discovery of Lindsey's remains is curious.

Boy, his brother sure is a classy guy. ��

Wow. DG's family seem to truly think his arrest was for using drugs.
To be candid, cops and prosecutors have their hands full. They don't generally arrest and tase drug addicts in their homes...unless they are using the lesser charge to arrest and hold for a greater charge.
They may be in for quite a shock.

There's also the possibility that these cops are just used to dealing with Dale. I have a cousin who has had repeated arrests. The cops know he's going to resist, so they are ready to tase him every time if needed. Perhaps Dale has a pattern? It would have been 5 days after the warrant was issued. Maybe he had been dodging them and they were sick of looking for him?

I definitely don't think it means for sure that they are going to hold him to charge him with something bigger.

If I remember right DG was an avid archery hunter.

Offenders like the one who abducted and murdered Lindsey Baum are very unlikely to have offended against a child just the one time, IMO.

I'm realizing more and more lately how little LE releases stuff to the media sometimes, as I know of things occurring first hand here in my own city but can't find anything on msm about it. Sometimes LE just keeps things really tight lipped all around.

25+ years ago my older brother was a sheriff's deputy (one county over from where Lindsey went missing) and my grandma, mom, sister and myself all had police scanners. Mostly (at first) just because we were all worried about him and wanted to at least listen in when he was on duty. I remember hearing a LOT of things being discussed between county/city LE and dispatch, that never, ever made it into the local paper or the local news at all. So I asked him about it one day and he said "you'd be surprised at how much you're not even hearing on the scanner". Back then they just switched to private channels, now they just use their cell phones. All that to say, yeah, I know for a fact there's a ton of stuff LE keeps from the public.

LE still uses open scanner channels in a lot of places and you can listen in on Broadcastify (when it is working) but they'll switch to a private channel during a big incident if they know a lot of civilians are listening. A reporter once told me they don't report what they hear on the scanner unless it is formally released to them by LE, so that's good.

I see distinctions among LE:
1) withholding details about a case for investigative purposes (standard, common, necessary)

2) not disclosing info that is actually supposed to be made public (this is a transparency issue, and whether or not finding human remains on public land is supposed to be disclosed to the public immediately is unresolved until someone with knowledge weighs in, it'd be good to know) and

3) deliberately releasing false info about a case to the public in order to lure a suspect into a trap, say a taped confession with a cooperating witness, for example. Whether this is done is also unresolved until someone with knowledge weighs in or there's a past example of it happening.

25+ years ago my older brother was a sheriff's deputy (one county over from where Lindsey went missing) and my grandma, mom, sister and myself all had police scanners. Mostly (at first) just because we were all worried about him and wanted to at least listen in when he was on duty. I remember hearing a LOT of things being discussed between county/city LE and dispatch, that never, ever made it into the local paper or the local news at all. So I asked him about it one day and he said "you'd be surprised at how much you're not even hearing on the scanner". Back then they just switched to private channels, now they just use their cell phones. All that to say, yeah, I know for a fact there's a ton of stuff LE keeps from the public.

Also saw this: Person of interest identified in Lindsey Baum disappearance

Investigators identified a local jewelry store owner Thursday as a person of interest in the June 2009 disappearance of Lindsey Baum - but the store owner himself denies having anything to do with it.

http://komonews.com/news/local/person-of-interest-identified-in-lindsey-baum-disappearance

Jewelry store owner TH isn't even on my radar, I believe he's not good for this case.

Following along the lines of who might be good for this crime...

Regarding DG:

1) A comment attributed to him by his then future-gf, now ex-wife, as noted in the initial DG search warrant: "...(she believed it was Saturday or early Sunday 29/07-2009) Golder told her he could not believe that a girl had been taken and cut up and dismembered."

The "she" and "her" referenced in the search warrant is SC.

2) Apparent involvement in the drug world: it is possible LB came across a drug deal transaction between DG and another person(s), perhaps while sitting in their vehicles and one thing lead to another.

DG might not be directly involved beyond knowing who abducted LB... maybe the other person(s), who maybe lives/d toward Eastern Washington?

I'm stepping outside Occam's Razor principle with that above, but it isn't so far out so as not to be plausible.

Even with all that above, there are elements to this case that might negate those lines of thought:

1) LB and MK reported they were followed by someone driving a white vehicle, make and model unknown in the days / 2 weeks leading up to her then-disappearance, now classified as a kidnapping-homicide.

2) Earlier the day of the event (or very recent to the day) LB told her mother that she felt something bad was about to happen but she could not elaborate. I don't perceive that as a 'psychic' moment (no such a thing!). I perceive it as a child sensed something was wrong based on her recent experiences, both conscious and unconscious, i.e.: the vehicle that followed them, the man who entered a bathroom in which LB had already entered into and who knows what other experiences LB and / or her best friend might have unconsciously experienced in the days or weeks leading up to the kidnapping.

The more I ponder this case, the more I believe it was a planned abduction, not only a crime of opportunity.

The person (I believe it is a lone individual) knew exactly what they wanted to do and where they would to take her. It may have been planned that same day, but that still classifies it as premeditated.

The individual took precaution so as not to stand out in the area. The individual might not be a local, it may have been someone driving through McCleary that day (but not their first trip to / through McCleary) who then witnessed the kids walking through town (to the video store) wearing their bathing suit garb and that triggered their intent. Maybe the perp had followed LB or even MK on other days to determine where they lived. Watched, waited.

What perfect opportunity: the perp witnesses LB and MK walking toward MK's house! The perp would assume that at some point LB would have to walk home... not knowing LB and MK were planning that PB would sleep over. Unfortunately, their sleep over plan would be denied and the waiting perp eventually witnessed LB walking toward her own house.

I don't think the perp is a local because it's such a small town that I do not believe a local would dare such a move involving a relatively-well-known girl although, the perp would have to have known some detail regarding habits and locations of opportunity... an element which points to a local.

IF this was purely a crime of opportunity, with no planning whatsoever it was almost pulled off without a hitch. Now, we have LB's remains and with that, hopefully, we'll also get the perp.

It's worth reminding that in addition to the jaw-dropping comment DG made to his girlfriend (above) that there's lots of other circumstantial evidence that implicates him as a POI. Just a few things:
-girlfriend said he was totally obsessed with the case
-history of sexual assault on a minor (he wasn't convicted but the details of the story are horrifying and I've no doubt he's a psychopath)
-his ties to Ellensburg at the time (girlfriend lived there, he visited her there in mid-July, the car washing)
-he lied to investigators. he point blank lied about being at work in another town that night.

there's a bunch more, but suffice it to say, this person is still a suspect.

I was in court yesterday when he was being arraigned. His Parents were there. His charges are from a warrant from a drug and firearm charge apparently from 2016...from the best I could hear. His attorney was asking for him to be released to a friend? The prosecutor argued against being released until the “friend” came in to the court to agree to the release conditions and until his “friend” had a warrants/criminal history done. Dale was desperate to be released then and spoke to the judge against his attorneys advice, arguing that his rights had been violated for the charges, his attorney shushed him but he continued to speak and argue for himself. If I heard it correct (sinus/head cold and ear congestion) he will be back in court next week to re address his possible release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998