FOUND DECEASED - WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in court yesterday when he was being arraigned. His Parents were there. His charges are from a warrant from a drug and firearm charge apparently from 2016...from the best I could hear. His attorney was asking for him to be released to a friend? The prosecutor argued against being released until the “friend” came in to the court to agree to the release conditions and until his “friend” had a warrants/criminal history done. Dale was desperate to be released then and spoke to the judge against his attorneys advice, arguing that his rights had been violated for the charges, his attorney shushed him but he continued to speak and argue for himself. If I heard it correct (sinus/head cold and ear congestion) he will be back in court next week to re address his possible release.

Let us hope, then, the prosecutor has a plan...

It's worth reminding that in addition to the jaw-dropping comment DG made to his girlfriend (above) that there's lots of other circumstantial evidence that implicates him as a POI. Just a few things:
-girlfriend said he was totally obsessed with the case
-history of sexual assault on a minor (he wasn't convicted but the details of the story are horrifying and I've no doubt he's a psychopath)
-his ties to Ellensburg at the time (girlfriend lived there, he visited her there in mid-July, the car washing)
-he lied to investigators. he point blank lied about being at work in another town that night.

there's a bunch more, but suffice it to say, this person is still a suspect.

I agree DG looks guilty.

He lied to his girl friend about working that night - or she lied to LE. She said they stopped talking around 9:30 because he had to work at 10.

He lied to LE about working that night. LE confirmed he was scheduled off from the Beehive and then he said he was working at the youth camp, which his supervisor confirmed he was not. He was suspended at the time.

His driving habits of driving his loud car around town stopped in the weeks after LB went missing.

His cell phone activity changed in that his calls/texts ended abruptly at 9:26 pm (close to time LB was last seen near the Beehive).

His connection to Ellensburg.

The gruesome comments to SC about LB being dismembered.

His avoidance when his mom told him investigators wanted to speak with him. He didn't call them, they were given his phone # from his mother.

Who lies to LE unless they have something to hide?

Wow. It sure looks like they're really trying to hold him in custody.

I was in court yesterday when he was being arraigned. His Parents were there. His charges are from a warrant from a drug and firearm charge apparently from 2016...from the best I could hear. His attorney was asking for him to be released to a friend? The prosecutor argued against being released until the “friend” came in to the court to agree to the release conditions and until his “friend” had a warrants/criminal history done. Dale was desperate to be released then and spoke to the judge against his attorneys advice, arguing that his rights had been violated for the charges, his attorney shushed him but he continued to speak and argue for himself. If I heard it correct (sinus/head cold and ear congestion) he will be back in court next week to re address his possible release.

If I remember right DG was an avid archery hunter.

My son was hiking in the vicinity of the remote area where searchers currently are focused. He and his hiking buddy were slammed by an early snow and were lost & disoriented. What could have been a life threatening event was thwarted by stumbling into an elk hunters camp site. What I found particularly poignant was the men in the camp hunted the elk using bows and arrows.

Perhaps DG being into archery had accompanied friends elk hunting in that general vicinity.That is tough terrain and it leads me to believe he was somewhat familiar with the wilderness area.

:cow:

Wow. It sure looks like they're really trying to hold him in custody.

It did appear to me that the prosecutor Katy was calm and confident as she addressed the court. The judge is new and agreed with her argument. I found it curious that his parents were there but did not offer to have him released to their custody. Katy is the prosecutor present during the press release about Lindsey being brought home, Katy is also the prosecture for the charges Dale is in custody for now....hmmmmm. My first reaction seeing Katy at the press release but before they announced was that someone was going to be charged.

If it is DG, then it might be a circumstantial case at this point or else he would have been charged. It could be the prosecution is hoping LE / search teams find something concrete that ties him directly to the case.

I sure hope they have enough evidence to put him away. I always thought it was him. He had a friend who was also a druggy and they did lots of things together. I often wondered if he was also involved.

Even with all the DG circumstantial, I'm not entirely convinced, and finding this comment by Sheriff Scott bolsters that thought:

bbm

In the nearly nine years since Lindsey went missing, around 40 people have been investigated, Scott says. The case has never been far from his mind.
“At least now we have a course,” he says, noting that authorities are leaning more toward casting a wide net instead of focusing in on a particular person of interest.

http://people.com/crime/lindsey-baum-update-what-to-know-disappearance-found-dead/

More, here:
http://people.com/crime/lindsey-baum-family-devastated-missing-girl-found-dead/

They couldn’t it was cold and in such a remote hard to reach location, cliffs, ravines, etc. some one worked hard to put the remains where they were in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't see how anybody could have carried a body, even of a child, into that remote and difficult terrain. Are off-road vehicles allowed there? Horses?

Or perhaps he moved the remains later?

I don't see how anybody could have carried a body, even of a child, into that remote and difficult terrain. Are off-road vehicles allowed there? Horses?

Or perhaps he moved the remains later?

Or perhaps she was alive when taken there.

I have to say, on the terrain, it's really not that difficult. The high Cascades -that's difficult. But this area (the LT Murray wildlife area, you can use Google images to get a feet for it) is mostly open with dots or stands of ponderosa pine, and it's easy to traverse if you're in a canyon or stay on a ridgeline. There are lots of roads, some require a 4x4, and there are hunter and deer trails everywhere.

I'm not entirely convinced either, all we have is circumstantial evidence. But still, this quote strikes me as possible disinformation for an audience of one - the suspect - who is for sure following everything LE says right now.

Even with all the DG circumstantial, I'm not entirely convinced, and finding this comment by Sheriff Scott bolsters that thought:

bbm

http://people.com/crime/lindsey-baum-update-what-to-know-disappearance-found-dead/

More, here:
http://people.com/crime/lindsey-baum-family-devastated-missing-girl-found-dead/
[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

I have to say, it's really not that difficult. The high Cascades -that's difficult. But this area (the LT Murray wildlife area, you can use Google images to get a feet for it) is mostly open with dots or stands of ponderosa pine, and it's easy to traverse if you're in a canyon or stay on a ridgeline. There are lots of roads, some require a 4x4, and there are hunter and deer trails everywhere.

Yes, but carrying a 70-pound body?

I would imagine there are forest service roads, right? So she could have been dumped from a car, not necessarily packed in on foot. (Sorry for the bluntness.)

Warning Graphic:This is gruesome & hard to type.

The elk hunters part(separate) the elk to pack it out of the wilderness.

As a kid who spent more time out in these mountains & foothills, you've said what I was thinking all along.

Heaps of discarded pieces are very common sights, and bones may not trigger a closer look if placed as such.

I'm not entirely convinced either, all we have is circumstantial evidence. But still, this quote strikes me as possible disinformation for an audience of one - the suspect - who is for sure following everything LE says right now.

I can't fathom why such a tactic would be necessary. If DG is the perp he likely might know what, if anything, LE might find. If they wanted to spook him, they would want him to know they're on the search and report they've 'found evidence' pointing to an individual and an arrest is imminent. I don't see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth