Australia - 7 dead in mass shooting and suicide - Osmington WA - 11 May 2018

That stands out as the oddest thing to say.

Those comments and they way he speaks them makes me feel like he did this. Its like he is letting everyone know just in case he is found out that it was 'peaceful' Also the comments about where the youngest was sleeping. With that it's as though he is making out he didn't know the placement of people in the house. I know I'm not explaining this properly but in my head it sends my hinky meter into a spin....

Those comments and they way he speaks them makes me feel like he did this. Its like he is letting everyone know just in case he is found out that it was 'peaceful' Also the comments about where the youngest was sleeping. With that it's as though he is making out he didn't know the placement of people in the house. I know I'm not explaining this properly but in my head it sends my hinky meter into a spin....

Both of those comments bother me also, but perhaps he is just trying to convince himself they had peaceful deaths.

Hello hello [emoji112]
If this wasn’t already tragic enough, now there has been weirdness inserted to the story !!
Playing devil advocate to myself here but his interview and words are odd to say the least. However I imagine he is in total shock. He may have been not on good terms with the parents but once they were all close so I can see how he is saying he loves the F-I-L. Usually in a tragic moment of our lives we are so numb we forget feelings of hate as sadness and melancholy takes over so while weird I somehow can see how some of this has been just blurted out. I have myself had immense shock and the numbness is overwhelming. Nothing even remotely as horrendous as this. But....
I would never get in front of camera
And... this is the oddest part...
Did he say him and his family were actually not crying the night before but in fact laughing, almost in tears laughing so hard ????
Like WTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He seems very narcissistic..I realize people are not themselves at times like this but some of the things he said were extremely strange

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

How do you walk some distance, shoot kids then come back to wife in living room.

The ex husband said that he had been told Mr Miles hsd discussed this.

In West Australian law, if police were told of this the fire arms would more than likely confiscated after an interview.

Someone said the parents were Jehovas Witness.
Dont quote me on it but was told Jehovas have particular beliefs about children with conditions and illness.

4 autistic grandkids?

Ex husband sits on property as family executed.

Did ex husbsnd inform police of this discussion?
What does them being Jehovah's Witness*have anything to do with this? No, I am not one but have plenty of friends that are, there is nothing in there beliefs that would ever have them doing this. Just like any other religion you will always have those that are more extreme.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What does them being Jehovah's Witness*have anything to do with this? No, I am not one but have plenty of friends that are, there is nothing in there beliefs that would ever have them doing this. Just like any other religion you will always have those that are more extreme.

Yep, thats right, you get extremists in all religions.

I am wondering why commentators are pointing out the ex husband is Jehovas Witness?

Why?

The television statement by stalking exhusband seemed well versed and somewhat scripted.

*Not implying he is the shooter

He seems very narcissistic..I realize people are not themselves at times like this but some of the things he said were extremely strange.

There are other recent news articles outside the scope of this incident.

Was it a patriachal act?

Will the remaining son receive the 30 acres or so of land?

Not sure what Jehovah Witness think about murder and suicide, but they do believe that believers will rise from the dead and live forever

Is there a full unedited video of AC’s speech anywhere?

A leading WA psychologist says the extraordinary statement made by Aaron Cockman, the father of four children slain in their beds near Margaret River last Friday, pointed to a perfect storm of shock, grief and trauma.

Dr James McCue, a lecturer in psychology and criminology at Edith Cowan University, said some of the comments made by Mr Cockman were an indication the father was suffering a range of emotions.

“He is obviously a man who is grieving and I think it is not just grief but it is also a traumatic loss,” Dr McCue told WAtoday.

“To lose all of your kids ... all in one instance, in one moment, that is very difficult for any individual to actually grasp or comprehend or get their head around.

“Shock isn’t something that wears off quickly,” he said.

“Shock is defined as people experiencing almost a disconnection or a sense of what we call 'derealisation' from what’s going on around them.

“And that is that suddenness, that actually our mind hasn’t caught up with the seriousness or the gravity of what has actually happened.

Dr McCue said it was important for people to realise people grieved and reacted to traumatic events in different ways.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national...-into-father-s-statement-20180516-p4zfkk.html
16 May 2018

Reactions: JLZ
A fundraising campaign for the funerals of the seven members of the Miles family has begun, as shocked friends pay tribute to the two women killed, Katrina and her mother Cynda.

(The campaign) ....... is aiming to raise $40,000 for the family to help with preparations for the funerals of Katrina and her children, Taye, 13, Rylan, 12, Ayre, 10 and Kayden, 8, who were well known within Margaret River's home-schooling community.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national...-into-father-s-statement-20180516-p4zfkk.html

I have told my children, if they give me a funeral, I will come back to haunt them. Some funerals now are video productions. That is why they cost so much. I hate it.

Reactions: JLZ
I have told my children, if they give me a funeral, I will come back to haunt them. Some funerals now are video productions. That is why they cost so much. I hate it.

I get it. But you still have to pay for a pine box and a cremation service. The ‘bare bones’ one around here is $3,000. They won’t be allow to stuff you in their own fireplace for free. That’s frowned on. [emoji51]

I bet he was in shock. He was probably medicated also but his words seem well versed.
*not implying he was the shooter.

The psychologists words are not a revelation

Despite sharing on Facebook last month that her ex 'does not stop stalking (her)', police have confirmed that Mr Cockman is not a suspect.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-mass-shooting-Osmington-Margaret-River.html

A leading WA psychologist says the extraordinary statement made by Aaron Cockman, the father of four children slain in their beds near Margaret River last Friday, pointed to a perfect storm of shock, grief and trauma.

Dr James McCue, a lecturer in psychology and criminology at Edith Cowan University, said some of the comments made by Mr Cockman were an indication the father was suffering a range of emotions.

“He is obviously a man who is grieving and I think it is not just grief but it is also a traumatic loss,” Dr McCue told WAtoday.

“To lose all of your kids ... all in one instance, in one moment, that is very difficult for any individual to actually grasp or comprehend or get their head around.

“Shock isn’t something that wears off quickly,” he said.

“Shock is defined as people experiencing almost a disconnection or a sense of what we call 'derealisation' from what’s going on around them.

“And that is that suddenness, that actually our mind hasn’t caught up with the seriousness or the gravity of what has actually happened.

Dr McCue said it was important for people to realise people grieved and reacted to traumatic events in different ways.

16 May 2018

I bet he was in shock. He was probably medicated also but his words seem well versed.
*not implying he was the shooter.

The psychologists words are not a revelation

Despite sharing on Facebook last month that her ex 'does not stop stalking (her)', police have confirmed that Mr Cockman is not a suspect.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-mass-shooting-Osmington-Margaret-River.html

He may not be a nice person. He may have been an abusive partner. He may have been a real pain in the neck. But it seems he didn't murder his ex-wife, children and ex-mother in law. Katrina's own father apparently did that.

There were legal recourses to take, if the ex was that much of a pain in the neck.

But Katrina's father decided to control all of their destinies, and killed them all. That is shameful, horrible, misguided, uncalled for, and the saddest thing.

As I said before, familicide is the most unfair situation. Even more unfair than drunken abuse, putting a person down repeatedly, making someone's life difficult. Because there is no escaping familicide. No chance for a new life. They are now all deceased.

I get it. But you still have to pay for a pine box and a cremation service. The ‘bare bones’ one around here is $3,000. They won’t be allow to stuff you in their own fireplace for free. That’s frowned on. [emoji51]

You could always donate your body to the body farm in NSW? I don't think it costs anything but you do need to apply and fill out paperwork.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back