OH - Kyle Plush, 16, dies after being crushed by minivan seat & two 911 calls, Cincinnati, Apr 2018

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...teen-crushed-death-minivan.html#ixzz5Cmu59KGB

"Smith was placed on administrative leave Thursday, after it was revealed she is the person who failed to tell the officers the make, model and color of the minivan Kyle Plush was trapped inside of, Chief Isaac said during Thursday's press conference."

bbm

It was treated as a hoax, imo.

That is what was said, they need to get to the bottom of that. The operator said she did not hear that. It was captured on the audio for the 911 call, but the operator is saying she did not hear it. For the second call.

I don't understand why the officers didn't keep on looking. Or was there some kind of miscommunication from dispatch and they did not know how serious the situation was?

I'm confused about why the 911 employee is being blamed. What did they do/not do? Can someone clarify for me please? TIA.

Because the 911 tapes clearly show what he said, but the operator is saying she did not hear it on second call

. There are discrepancies as far as their nine-one-one system was down at the time and they were on back up. I still want clarification in one article on that as an investigative journalism report!

The article for which I did a screenshot above said to search a certain area. I want to know is that a screenshot from the nine-one-one system? Where did that screenshot come from as far as this is an area to search if you go to the original link that I posted.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-new...-pleaded-for-help-why-didnt-officers-find-him

ETA.. there was an hours-long Commissioners meeting, but it did not answer specific questions in my opinion as to investigation of this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...teen-crushed-death-minivan.html#ixzz5Cmu59KGB

"Smith was placed on administrative leave Thursday, after it was revealed she is the person who failed to tell the officers the make, model and color of the minivan Kyle Plush was trapped inside of, Chief Isaac said during Thursday's press conference."

bbm

It was treated as a hoax, imo.

It was treated as a hoax VERIFIED after the third time it was called in for a dead body in the car. That was After 8 p.m. When the body was actually found and they were being called to respond to that. The hoax quote was from when the body was actually being found.

But I agree Jax... :wave:

they may have thought that on the first one also, and it was just documented after 8 p.m. when they found the body call based on their feed.

I. Want. This. Fixed.! I actually want the city sued! And I don't say that often. But this is one instance where I think they should be. Imho.

I can't imagine the people living in that City dealing with this and I can't believe they aren't all over it.

The family has been so restrained imho... and I I think they're just waiting for everything to come up and the reports come in before they sue them. And I hope they are successful, although I do see that the families priority is fixing the damn problem.

Total incompetence and Kyle Plush did not have to die. Too many excuses these days for major errors that end up costing innocent people. Personally, several adults employed didn't do a very good job responding that day, and a family will forever be without their precious child.

Total incompetence and Kyle Plush did not have to die. Too many excuses these days for major errors that end up costing innocent people. Personally, several adults employed didn't do a very good job responding that day, and a family will forever be without their precious child.

Yep. They should lose their jobs. Those jobs require people that care about people and care about due diligence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyle's van was parked in a straight route to the tennis courts. Perhaps Kyle parked in this particular location because he knew the tennis courts would be the last place he'd be before departing school. I've seen a better image of the van in relation to the tennis courts but since I surf incognito, the history is not there for me.

There were two different 911 dispatchers involved. The dispatcher who took Kyle's second call, never spoke to him but we can hear him telling her his vehicle's make and model and color.

A 911 dispatcher looking at the L&L coordinates and not noticing the school is apparently an #^#&@. Below are two views showing the position of Kyle's van. His van was in the Sophomore Parking Lot. The van was pulled in forward with his phone in the front.

Kyle died in Van 2018.jpg

Screenshot (304).jpg

[video=youtube;ImZeLzuJMGY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImZeLzuJMGY[/video]

it seems so simple to have a report in the media to say whether he was found in B C or D lot. Here is a visual of the lot. Thanks for prompting me as to looking into this. I did not realize there was one on each side of the thrift store and supposedly the police only went to one of them. It will be very interesting to know that information.

https://www.7hills.org/parents/transportation/

View attachment 133210

ETA.. adding close-up of parking lot D which is right across from the tennis courts

View attachment 133211

Iirc..one of the media reports had the GPS coordinates of the call.

I'm sure that I read that and I recall the GPS was even in the report. Does anybody have access to that information?

ETA:Found it

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-new...-pleaded-for-help-why-didnt-officers-find-him

View attachment 133216

View attachment 133217

Looks like above media link and another poster right on target. They targeted the ?C parking lot due to GPS, and never went further?

:bump: in response to DeDee post above. The star you are seeing are the coordinates of where they were looking and where the GPS was located.

His car was on the other side of the thrift shop in parking lot D across from the tennis courts, not the star mark shown across from the football field... in my opinion.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/technolog...find-you-if-youre-on-a-cell-phone-expert-says

Obsolete 911 technology can't find you if you're on a cell phone, expert says.

..."The 911 technology is so far behind what it needs to be," Kiskaden told WCPO. "The technology isn't conducive to the technology in the field. 911 is still a legacy phone system that depends on copper lines and towers."

That’s good if you're on a home phone, but Kiskaden says 83 percent of emergency calls come from a cell phone, which pings a nearby radio tower.

"The first thing we have is that tower location. Your cell phone knows where you're at, but I don't," Kiskaden says. "That's why the Uber driver and the pizza guy can find you, but 911 can't. The technology hasn't caught up to the smart phones in the field."...

E.d. in my area there is also something you can sign up at 911.Com so that if you ever call 911 they can get into your phone to know the exact location. That is even without you having a phone that has an application as listed in the article.

http://www.wlwt.com/article/prosecu...stigation-delaying-wednesday-hearing/20121242

Prosecutor Joseph Deters has served the city of Cincinnati with a subpoena, directing that no video or pictures be released to the public regarding the death of 16-year-old Kyle Plush, City Council members say.

The subpoena has effectively delayed Wednesday's hearing regarding the teen's death.

Police originally planned to announce the results of the investigation into the death of Plush Wednesday morning.

But that meeting of the Law and Public Safety Committee in City Council chambers has been put on hold until further notice.

“We will be complying with that subpoena, therefore those records are not available for the presentation,” said Cincinnati City Solicitor Paula Boggs Muething.

http://www.wlwt.com/article/prosecu...stigation-delaying-wednesday-hearing/20121242

Prosecutor Joseph Deters has served the city of Cincinnati with a subpoena, directing that no video or pictures be released to the public regarding the death of 16-year-old Kyle Plush, City Council members say.

The subpoena has effectively delayed Wednesday's hearing regarding the teen's death.

Police originally planned to announce the results of the investigation into the death of Plush Wednesday morning.

But that meeting of the Law and Public Safety Committee in City Council chambers has been put on hold until further notice.

“We will be complying with that subpoena, therefore those records are not available for the presentation,” said Cincinnati City Solicitor Paula Boggs Muething.

The hearing is now set set for May 14.
https://amp.cincinnati.com/amp/580995002?__twitter_impression=true

That is a terrible and freakish accident.

http://www.wlwt.com/article/lawmake...indings-next-week-in-kyle-plush-case/20667173

CINCINNATI —
Cincinnati lawmakers anticipate conclusive findings Monday morning in the death of teenager Kyle Plush.

Monday's account of the emergency response to those calls is expected to be riveting.

The session is likely to take the entire morning. It will be devoted to a full presentation by the chief and his command staff.

No one from the public will be permitted to speak. According to Smitherman, the only exception would be if someone from the family of the boy wanted to say something.

During an April 17 special session, TriTech Software Systems offered its analysis of them.

Smitherman read the main conclusions.

"Our analysis of the activity concludes the CAD did not crash and was operational throughout the event," he recited. "One of the work stations running CAD in the backup center was restarted prior to the 911 call. This work station was operational at the time of the call and logs show there was normal operator activity before, during and after the call. The CAD does not control or interact with the 911 calls and could not affect the quality of the voice in the head set."

More at link

Yep. They should lose their jobs. Those jobs require people that care about people and care about due diligence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I so wish Kyle had called someone who KNEW him and cared about him. The cases like this that aren't taken seriously are so heartbreaking... you know if he'd called his mom or dad they would have found him! THEY would have taken it seriously and notified 911. It's heartbreaking.

I just saw the news broadcast about Kyle and how the city says they failed him.

I just have to say this, working in a call center for a major telecommunications company where our calls are recorded & monitored for quality assurance, and have been for decades. I don't know what happened to the first call, but my understanding is that the second 911 dispatcher claims she couldn't hear him.
That is the oldest trick in the book to get rid of an unwanted call, and then blame it on a bad connection (especially when cell phones were in their infancy and coverage was spotty and they cut out more) or a faulty headset if you get caught. There's no way to prove it wasn't the headset, since the monitoring equipment and/or software isn't in the ear piece. We'll never know if that person heard his call or is just CYAing for not doing their job, and that stinks, truly stinks.
http://www.fox19.com/story/38175566...-results-to-be-released-wednesday-after-delay
A dispatcher told her supervisors she didn't hear Kyle's second call where he gave details about his vehicle and location, a police report shows. It was not immediately clear why, and this is one of the key questions expected to answered Monday.

Just to clarify my post #56, the reason why one would pretend not to hear caller as opposed to just hanging up on the call is because most call centers can track how many times you hit the hangup/release button/end call button (whatever it is called by the place of employment). Even back in the 90s, they could track that with our old analogue equipment.

Not responding to the call and pretending not to hear gets the caller to hangup instead, and gets the call taker off the hook.

Just to clarify my post #56, the reason why one would pretend not to hear caller as opposed to just hanging up on the call is because most call centers can track how many times you hit the hangup/release button/end call button (whatever it is called by the place of employment). Even back in the 90s, they could track that with our old analogue equipment.

Not responding to the call and pretending not to hear gets the caller to hangup instead, and gets the call taker off the hook.

Alleykins thank you for explaining this possible scenario.

Why would a 911 dispatcher pretend not to be able to hear a caller? It makes no sense to me.

This whole situation is bonkers and the behavior of everyone from top to bottom is unacceptable. I fully support a lawsuit in this case, from the manufacturer of the van all the way to the city councilman who was being a complete jerk about the family. Gross behavior everywhere.

I think I asked this before, but didn't see a response. Has anyone heard of this kind of accident happening before with any type of vehicle with a 3rd row seat? I had one in my Envoy, but we always left the shelf up between the seat and the hatch, so we never had to reach between them. The only time we took it out was when we folded the seat down for extra cargo space.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back