Australia - 7 dead in mass shooting and suicide - Osmington WA - 11 May 2018

See the comments on here and friends posting about how wonderful grandpa was.

That may be so, but the dad in this situation should be off limits other than to sympathise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That may be so, but the dad in this situation should be off limits other than to sympathise.

Off limits to what? The friends of the murderer can praise him, but the dad should only sympathise?

I think that the 'confirm' part means forensic confirmation of what they already know. I think that they have stated that the ex husband is not a suspect.

I saw an article saying he wasn't a suspect, but it was from the notoriously awful Daily Mail & it was very early on in the investigation.

I haven't seen a direct quote recently from a reputable Australian source, & either way, since WApol literally said this week that they don't yet know who fired the weapon & won't know for months, I'm a little uneasy about dissecting anyone's personality or supposed motives at this stage.

We don't even know if the other adult brother, who was reported to live in a caravan on the property, was home the night of the murders. & as I said in my first post - it's a 30 acre property, anyone could've walked in & out unseen, they'd have plenty of time to get away from the vicinity of the house before police arrived so it doesn't even have to be someone the public is aware of.

There are multiple factors that aren't known to the public at the moment. All of those factors complicate the investigation, so while murder/suicide seems the most obvious explanation, even investigators can't know that it was until all of the trajectory & ballistics examinations are complete.

I saw an article saying he wasn't a suspect, but it was from the notoriously awful Daily Mail & it was very early on in the investigation.

I haven't seen a direct quote recently from a reputable Australian source, & either way, since WApol literally said this week that they don't yet know who fired the weapon & won't know for months, I'm a little uneasy about dissecting anyone's personality or supposed motives at this stage.

We don't even know if the other adult brother, who was reported to live in a caravan on the property, was home the night of the murders. & as I said in my first post - it's a 30 acre property, anyone could've walked in & out unseen, they'd have plenty of time to get away from the vicinity of the house before police arrived so it doesn't even have to be someone the public is aware of.

There are multiple factors that aren't known to the public at the moment. All of those factors complicate the investigation, so while murder/suicide seems the most obvious explanation, even investigators can't know that it was until all of the trajectory & ballistics examinations are complete.

Western Australian Police have declared it a multiple murder/suicide.

So he is an ogre for not giving his daughter enough money to buy boots? But the grandfather who killed her, is being portrayed as the best grandfather in the world?

We don't yet know if the grandfather killed her. It has NOT been confirmed. Media are running with what Aaron Cockburn said in his media conference. They are making assumptions.

I'm keeping an open mind. Something just feels off.

We don't yet know if the grandfather killed her. It has NOT been confirmed. Media are running with what Aaron Cockburn said in his media conference. They are making assumptions.

I pretty much think that the Western Australian police announcing that is was multiple murder/ suicide and the son in law is not a suspect, says it all for me.

But the police were saying 6 homicides and 1 suicide before Dad even opened his mouth so the Media just going off the police. Mind is still partially opened though and always has been until forensic confirms.

Off limits to what? The friends of the murderer can praise him, but the dad should only sympathise?

My wording may not have been great! I meant the dad being a victim in this shouldn’t be ridiculed in any way, reading here he has copped more blame and personal attack than the actual killer.

I can't see anywhere where they have actually used those words.

They have said: “We are treating this as a matter in which six persons are the subject of a homicide crime scene, [while] there is a seventh person deceased.”

Suicide is easily inferred, but has not been stated by police. It was the SMH who used the words "murder-suicide".

And: "I wish to strongly emphasise police do not believe any other person is involved with these crimes. Police are not searching for any other suspect,” Commissioner Dawson said.

This does seem to strongly imply it was indeed the grandfather, however I'm just not settled until it's confirmed. For all we know they are not searching for any other suspect because they know who it is. They could be making someone feel comfortable while under heavy surveillance. Or they could know indisputably it was the grandfather. But they have not yet confirmed, and I just don't feel settled until they (not a newspaper) actually says it.

Quotes from https://www.smh.com.au/national/wes...4zexk.html?utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed as posted above.

My wording may not have been great! I meant the dad being a victim in this shouldn’t be ridiculed in any way, reading here he has copped more blame and personal attack than the actual killer.

It seems I misunderstood, MissUnderstood. Lol!

I can't see anywhere where they have actually used those words.

They have said: “We are treating this as a matter in which six persons are the subject of a homicide crime scene, [while] there is a seventh person deceased.”

Suicide is easily inferred, but has not been stated by police. It was the SMH who used the words "murder-suicide".

And: "I wish to strongly emphasise police do not believe any other person is involved with these crimes. Police are not searching for any other suspect,” Commissioner Dawson said.

This does seem to strongly imply it was indeed the grandfather, however I'm just not settled until it's confirmed. For all we know they are not searching for any other suspect because they know who it is. They could be making someone feel comfortable while under heavy surveillance. Or they could know indisputably it was the grandfather. But they have not yet confirmed, and I just don't feel settled until they (not a newspaper) actually says it.

Quotes from https://www.smh.com.au/national/wes...4zexk.html?utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed as posted above.

So what will satisfy you? Do you think that news sites are lying about the police press releases/

Thanks for sharing this. I haven't read it previously and only heard snips of it in the media.

The part that has me stumped is -
'He went across and shot the kids and Kat first and came back and shot Cynda in the living room. Cynda probably got up, heard the gunshots, she was in the living room. He’s come back, shot her.'

How does AC know this is the way it was played out? Perhaps Peter got the guns out and Cynda interrupted him in the house first and she was first to be shot?

I'm still stumped as how no-one woke from the previous gunshots yet the neighbours heard them.

I'm wondering how their other son, Neil, is handling all of this.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

So what will satisfy you? Do you think that news sites are lying about the police press releases/

What? This doesn't make sense. I'm using the direct quotes from the police, which are in the article you posted. They have not used the word suicide.

I'll be satisfied when the police say Peter Miles was responsible for this crime.

Some cases feel really straightforward, such as Geoff Hunt. Others just feel a little off, like this one, and I'm keeping an open mind until it's confirmed by police.

What? This doesn't make sense. I'm using the direct quotes from the police, which are in the article you posted. They have not used the word suicide.

I'll be satisfied when the police say Peter Miles was responsible for this crime.

Some cases feel really straightforward, such as Geoff Hunt. Others just feel a little off, like this one, and I'm keeping an open mind
Police have not used the word suicide? They have.

Some cases feel really straightforward, such as Geoff Hunt. Others just feel a little off, like this one, and I'm keeping an open mind
Police have not used the word suicide? They have.

Where?

From http://www.news.com.au/national/wes...g/news-story/b056d8e00aa6315d2150f727d8372309

West Australian Police have not confirmed Peter Miles is the person behind the mass shooting but have said the 61-year-old is a suspect.

The state’s police commissioner Chris Dawson has called for calm as officers and forensic teams continue their investigation.

“We may never know the full story and the exact chronology of events. We have got to step through this very professionally and very carefully and not jump to conclusions,” Mr Dawson said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back