Found Safe Australia - Bronte & Isabella Watter, both 7, Townsville, Qld, 4 April 2014

Feeling a lot for those girls at the moment. Back with dad, mum in jail. Things must be very confusing for them.
I really, really hope that they get some say on where they want to live. With their grandparents/mum or with their dad.

I also hope they are seeing a child psychologist, to sort out their feelings and be able to speak with an independent person who can help them (hopefully).

I often wonder what these "underground help mothers who take their kids" would have done in my father's case as his first wife abandoned HIM and their five children in the Goldfields of Western Australia to go to America to join the Children of God cult.

that's really sad to hear Paul, I think the loss of a Mother in ones life would be very tuff for a child to deal with. Also massively difficult for a Dad to find himself solely responsible for the care of 5 kids, as well as the demands of 'provision'. .. in the challenging environment of those days in the Goldfields.

Are you you one of those 5 Paul ?

I often wonder what these "underground help mothers who take their kids" would have done in my father's case as his first wife abandoned HIM and their five children in the Goldfields of Western Australia to go to America to join the Children of God cult.

Is there such an underground group, or were Cassie's helpers hers alone, for reasons particular to that one family?

But yes, it is a worry that such helpers may not properly understand the family situation.

I think I am glad, Paul, that the children in your family were not 'helped' into an abusive cult.

the 5 children are my half-siblings. I'm the child of Dad's second marriage. Abandoning five children under 12 so you can join a cult... everything i have heard about her from Dad makes me angry that - still! - a lot of people want to treat women as though they can't be as vile as any man.

A mother accused of stealing her two children in Townsville four years ago will have to wear a tracking device as part of her bail conditions........

Justice Peter Davis gave her 16 strict conditions, including a temporary ban on seeing her children subject to any further court order.

The woman, who cannot named for legal reasons, will live with her parents in Townsville, despite police suspicions they helped her carry out the offence.

Justice Peter Davis said the most visible risk of granting the mother bail was the possibility of her taking the children again...............

Outside court the woman's lawyer, Phil Rennick, read a statement asking for people to stop their social media attacks on her and the children's father, saying the hatred and vindictiveness was not helpful to the daughters.

"The only people who know the truth about what they have been through are the girls themselves," the statement read.

"It is their story to tell when they are old enough to be allowed to... and then only if they wish to do so."

The daughters have been returned to their father in south-east Queensland.

The matter will proceed in the Townsville Magistrates Court on a date later this month.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-17/mother-charged-kidnap-bail-with-tracker/9771900

She's been granted bail because she's a woman. If the genders had been reversed...

She's been granted bail because she's a woman. If the genders had been reversed...

I have to say I agree. I'm not usually one for this whole Gender, Race, Religion crap. But, I have strong feelings about this case that I don't usually have.

"Senior Constable Ringberg said the network had "taken it upon themselves to publicly defame the children's father as a child sex offender when there is no evidence to support that fact"."

Says everything you need to know about why a lot of guys will not trust women who say they want to help them. And rightfully so.

"Senior Constable Ringberg said the network had "taken it upon themselves to publicly defame the children's father as a child sex offender when there is no evidence to support that fact"."

Says everything you need to know about why a lot of guys will not trust women who say they want to help them. And rightfully so.
I'm wondering whether "no evidence to support the fact" means that the numerous people to whom the girls allegedly told their story have gone on record as saying they were told no such thing . . . or have the children recanted . . . or does the police officer consider the word of victims not really "evidence"?

Paul, I get your general gist, but not sure who you mean/what circumstances you're thinking of when you say "women who say they want to help them". Do you mean men are often accosted by strange women pushing to 'help'? Or what?

i mean it's why a lot of guys don't trust women who say things like "feminism will help men" - they then see some women turn around and lie and cheat to gain advantage over a man in a given situation, proving themselves to be just as human as anyone else.

Reactions: JLZ
i mean it's why a lot of guys don't trust women who say things like "feminism will help men" - they then see some women turn around and lie and cheat to gain advantage over a man in a given situation, proving themselves to be just as human as anyone else.
Thanks for the explanation. Myself, I don't associate feminism with the semi-deification of mothers. I get where you're coming from about the latter; but I don't want to go into my own family problems right now (or here).

I'm wondering whether "no evidence to support the fact" means that the numerous people to whom the girls allegedly told their story have gone on record as saying they were told no such thing . . . or have the children recanted . . . or does the police officer consider the word of victims not really "evidence"?

Paul, I get your general gist, but not sure who you mean/what circumstances you're thinking of when you say "women who say they want to help them". Do you mean men are often accosted by strange women pushing to 'help'? Or what?

Do we know for sure that the girls said anything?

Do we know for sure that the girls said anything?
No. Alleged by a dubious non-MSM source. But the people to whom the girls allegedly spoke were identifiable if not named as I recall. In my opinion it would be inappropriate to make the call that there was "no evidence" without checking with those people whether the girls said those things or not. If MSM was correct about the CMC finding, that appears to corroborate the allegations, but it might be a coincidence and relate to some other matter involving Cassie and police.

Pru Goward mentioned in one of her opinion pieces years ago that one of the big obstacles to equal parenting is that we still are unwilling to persuade mothers to abdicate some of their historical control of the domestic sphere and we don't react strongly enough to mothers who react to fathers getting custody by stealing back their kids. Again, Cassie got bail because she's a woman.

Letter about Cassie to Premier in June.

Sign the Petition

Also, these arrests evidently relate to Cassie. Patricia Plaisted's FB advocates for her.

Police swoop on criminal syndicate which ‘helped steal children, mothers after custody disputes’ | Daily Mail Online

I sound like a b.... but unless he is arrested/charged with child abuse or we see some evidence of that, I will never sign that petition. So many times (Dad's especially) are called abusers for no reason other than Mom doesn't want her kids to be with the Dad. Or Mom's want to spite the Dad's. Dad's do it too to Mother's. I have to trust that LE are doing their job. Life on the run is no life for children either. Sure, if the children were abused, then Mom is a hero for doing that to save her babies. But if this isn't true, which according to those that have placed the children with their father, it is not, then this is another awful story of a Father who lost his children after being awarded custody.

And despite that letter being written by one of the girls, children can believe what they are told. If they have had four years of being told Dad is evil and he hurt you, they will believe that, even if they haven't.

I'm not discounting Mom or the kids, just saying that I have to believe the facts here... and those facts are that Dad has been awarded custody twice now.

"Dad, why did you abuse me?" It sounds like she has been told that. IMO, kids would say "Dad why did you hit me?" or whatever. "Abuse" sounds like a word she has heard. Unless I was just a really sheltered 11 year old but I don't think I would have used that terminology at 11.

I sound like a b.... but unless he is arrested/charged with child abuse or we see some evidence of that, I will never sign that petition. So many times (Dad's especially) are called abusers for no reason other than Mom doesn't want her kids to be with the Dad. Or Mom's want to spite the Dad's. Dad's do it too to Mother's. I have to trust that LE are doing their job. Life on the run is no life for children either. Sure, if the children were abused, then Mom is a hero for doing that to save her babies. But if this isn't true, which according to those that have placed the children with their father, it is not, then this is another awful story of a Father who lost his children after being awarded custody.

And despite that letter being written by one of the girls, children can believe what they are told. If they have had four years of being told Dad is evil and he hurt you, they will believe that, even if they haven't.

I'm not discounting Mom or the kids, just saying that I have to believe the facts here... and those facts are that Dad has been awarded custody twice now.

"Dad, why did you abuse me?" It sounds like she has been told that. IMO, kids would say "Dad why did you hit me?" or whatever. "Abuse" sounds like a word she has heard. Unless I was just a really sheltered 11 year old but I don't think I would have used that terminology at 11.
Hey, I'm not asking you to the sign the petition. That's just the way the link came up labelled. I posted it because there was some detail--true or not--that I hadn't seen before, and it was more recent than any of the postings above.

I agree with you about the use of the word "abuse".

Hey, I'm not asking you to the sign the petition. That's just the way the link came up labelled. I posted it because there was some detail--true or not--that I hadn't seen before, and it was more recent than any of the postings above.

I agree with you about the use of the word "abuse".

Oh no no, I know you are not asking us to sign it. Sorry, I was just spewing thoughts as they came to me :p thanks for posting.

I found the wording in that 'letter' from the child rather suss, too. It read like it was being dictated to the author of it. I know which side I am on in this case and there is no way I would support a petition like this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back